New dude

Status
Not open for further replies.

farthioner

Hey guys,

I'll just start off by saying that I'm a firm believer in Jesus Christ.

I guess you could say I have an open mind toward new and opposing ideas, of course I will believe whatever I discern to be true.
But a fact that might be sad to some people is that my view will never change, because of my experiences w/ God and others I am 100% sure that He is true.
...Thus my mind is opened, yet closed... :think:

I look forward to having civil discussions with you guys. (Something that isn't easy to find)

Cheers!

Last edited:

assuranceagent

I'll just start off by saying that I'm a firm believer in Jesus Christ.

Excellent. We've had a few flaccid ones around from time to time and they always seem to flop.

Take that how you will. :plain:

I guess you could say I have an open mind toward new and opposing ideas, of course I will believe whatever I discern to be true.

That could be very good or very squeaky depending upon the basis of your discernment.

And by squeaky, of course, I mean Beloved57.

And by Beloved57, of course, I mean... well, you get the idea. (or you don't, but you will)

But a fact that might be sad to some people is that my view will never change, because of my experiences w/ God and others I am 100% sure that He is true.

An admirable position, but one that you may find difficult to reconcile with your previous assertions. But nevermind, I'm sure you'll deal with this handily with your very next comment... :thumb:

...Thus my mind is opened, yet closed... :think:

Uh...see? :squint:

I look forward to having civil discussions with you guys. (Something that isn't easy to find)

Ah, so you've been lurking?

:cheers: Welcome to TOL you discerning, open-minded bundle of uncompromising rigidity, you!

MrErr

Welcome :wave2:

But are you rigidly closed minded about your open mindedness?
Actually i am open minded about my close mindedness.

Is there another type? :idunno:
Well not all who claim to be Christians enter the Kingdom of God. Only those who do the will of the Father.

assuranceagent

Well not all who claim to be Christians enter the Kingdom of God. Only those who do the will of the Father.

What is His will? :idunno:

Jhn 6:40 "For this is the will of My Father, that everyone who beholds the Son and believes in Him will have eternal life, and I Myself will raise him up on the last day."

farthioner

Excellent. We've had a few flaccid ones around from time to time and they always seem to flop.

Take that how you will. :plain:

Well you'll be glad to find that I'm built on the Rock.

That could be very good or very squeaky depending upon the basis of your discernment.

However the Holy Spirit convicts me....:Slippery:

An admirable position, but one that you may find difficult to reconcile with your previous assertions. But nevermind, I'm sure you'll deal with this handily with your very next comment... :thumb:

Haha, I guess what I meant to say was that until another divine Truth comes out of the mysterious gases, I'm staying here. :cool:

assuranceagent

Well you'll be glad to find that I'm built on the Rock.

Me too. As opposed to like one. I'd never be accused of that.

However the Holy Spirit convicts me....:Slippery:

A statement made by many and, in your case, hopefully true. Though whether so or last night's pizza, will be proven out in time I suppose. :thumb:

Haha, I guess what I meant to say was that until another divine Truth comes out of the mysterious gases, I'm staying here. :cool:

:shocked: I've had some mysterious gasses to be sure, but none so mysterious that divine truth issued forth! I hope no one was hurt...

farthioner

The sermon on the mount. Matt (5-7)

1 John 1:9
Acts 16:31

Acknowledge you sin, repent, accept Christ's forgiveness; and then you will be saved.
Somewhere in there it mentions that good works will follow , but not by them do you receive salvation. For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast. -Ephesians 2:8-9

Status
Not open for further replies.