Need A DL Bible College Ex Affordable And Accredited!

ChristianMaker

HeadLine:

I need a distance learning bible college that is extremely affordable and accredited!

First off let me describe my situation. I am thirty one years old and certainly tired of waiting to advance in my Christian faith. I need facts and I need them now! So please give me as much detailed information as you possibly can.

I just got married in July and my wife and I are staying with family in a rather large house. We do not have much as bills with no children but are hungry for the Lord. I have made plenty of money in the past and can do again in the future if I needed to; but that is not where the Lord will have me. That is just an empty road. I have learned that money doesn’t bring happiness nor does it keep out the rain. I am currently working part time making much less and she might be getting another second part time job to make ends meet and save some money.

What I am trying to say is that we are in the situation by choice entirely. We are trying to save are pennies; get our certifications; degrees and have time for ourselves while at the same time spend time with family. We are by no means hurting but also by no means well off. She already has a degree and is currently seeking a certification and I am going to a community college for business world and working part time.

What I need is a real and practical solution to a bible college that is accredited and realistic; and what I mean realistic is extremely affordable with a good reputation. I am looking for a college to where I can take classes at a reasonable rate or at my own pace. Take a few here and there part time or full time or maybe even just one at a time. As far as prices go anything close to 400 or even 200 is absolutely crazy per credit hour. I mean how in the world is someone suppose to be able to afford 1200.00 per class. I can be somewhat flexible on some of these things but I need a good balance of everything. I wouldn’t mind actual books too and not just CDs or mp3s. I think someone else mentioned that once before. Also someone else said you can’t have your cake and eat it too. Well it 2011 with technology today I would think you could have your cake and eat it too but I could be wrong. So if I am just hit it between my eyes and tell me my facts.

To sum it up I am just looking for a clean good bible college that is accredited with a good reputation so that when I am finished with all of my schooling in any capacity with my secular degree and my biblical degree I can go in any direction God has for me. I do not want to end up creek without a paddle because I made the wrong decision and cut corners. Money is a concern because if it is expensive I just can’t go. And where does that leave me?

Considerations from raw internet searching:

Accredited

Moody Bible Institute / Global University / South African Theological Seminary / Etc …

Non-Accredited

Andersonville Theological / Columbia Evangelical Seminary / Etc …

The above credited options are still between 150-200 per semester hour. So basically even the cheaper accredited colleges are going to cost me over 500.00 per class? Are you serious? How is anyone suppose to afford that? Or do I just have the all wrong?

The non-accredited schools seem to be my only financial solution needing any under 100.00 per credit hour. One just takes the chance that his Biblical Degree might not have as much meaning as his accredited counterpart.

I guess what I am thinking if I am looking at this for more of hobby reasons like casual discipleship for the Lord in my church and personal growth the non-accredited colleges would be a fine choice? Or would they? If I wanted to one day branch out and do something professional for the Lord I would need to go into debt and partake in a more expensive school? Is that what everyone is telling me?

Well anyhow thank you so much for taking the time in reading my thread. Any and all input would be greatly appreciated and well taken. So let’s blow up this thread and figure some things out.

Hello everyone! I am back.

I still have not made a decision. However, I am ready to pull the trigger on something ASAP.

Since I created this thread I have learned a lot and have been blessed a lot.

I have started a community group in my local church, got a fabulous job and have been saving money, and have a baby on the way.

I am no longer trying to ever keep up with the Jones's or try to get the best of the best. I 100% just want a solid distance learning online program that is NOT accredited. I just care about reputation and honor. That if I graduate from their program that it will be respected and people will know that I received a good education.

I have already completed my BA with a 4.0, I am looking for a Master Degree.

I would go to Moody in a heart beat by here is no way I am paying 400.00 per credit hour for about 1200.00 per class. Not in this world.

So if you guys don't mind, I am looking for something extremely affordable because I am doing this just because I feel it is on my heart from God. I am looking at it like advance bible study with a certificate on the side after completing. Don't really want to pay an arm and a leg for that.

Please let me know what everyone thinks. It would be greatly appreciated.

That is what I am more leaning towards. Something a lot more affordable but respectable. I am more or less looking for something that is like an advance bible study for myself but I get a certificate at the end. However, I do not want to attend a Diploma Mill either.

Anyone else have any new schools that are affordable and yet respectable? Does not necessarily need to be accredited. Just at least have a good reputation of producing good Christian Students with sound doctrine.

Epoisses

The finished work of Christ is the hottest truth on the planet right now. Joseph Prince and Creflo Dollar are two big names that have cashed in BIG with it. Basically, it is a Calvinist truth that has been adapted for the Arminians! Get on board now and you can 'cash in' on the gravy train from heaven!

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
I would encourage you to go to the same Bible College Jesus and his apostles went to.

God's Truth

HeadLine:

I need a distance learning bible college that is extremely affordable and accredited!

First off let me describe my situation. I am thirty one years old and certainly tired of waiting to advance in my Christian faith. I need facts and I need them now! So please give me as much detailed information as you possibly can.

I just got married in July and my wife and I are staying with family in a rather large house. We do not have much as bills with no children but are hungry for the Lord. I have made plenty of money in the past and can do again in the future if I needed to; but that is not where the Lord will have me. That is just an empty road. I have learned that money doesn’t bring happiness nor does it keep out the rain. I am currently working part time making much less and she might be getting another second part time job to make ends meet and save some money.

What I am trying to say is that we are in the situation by choice entirely. We are trying to save are pennies; get our certifications; degrees and have time for ourselves while at the same time spend time with family. We are by no means hurting but also by no means well off. She already has a degree and is currently seeking a certification and I am going to a community college for business world and working part time.

What I need is a real and practical solution to a bible college that is accredited and realistic; and what I mean realistic is extremely affordable with a good reputation. I am looking for a college to where I can take classes at a reasonable rate or at my own pace. Take a few here and there part time or full time or maybe even just one at a time. As far as prices go anything close to 400 or even 200 is absolutely crazy per credit hour. I mean how in the world is someone suppose to be able to afford 1200.00 per class. I can be somewhat flexible on some of these things but I need a good balance of everything. I wouldn’t mind actual books too and not just CDs or mp3s. I think someone else mentioned that once before. Also someone else said you can’t have your cake and eat it too. Well it 2011 with technology today I would think you could have your cake and eat it too but I could be wrong. So if I am just hit it between my eyes and tell me my facts.

To sum it up I am just looking for a clean good bible college that is accredited with a good reputation so that when I am finished with all of my schooling in any capacity with my secular degree and my biblical degree I can go in any direction God has for me. I do not want to end up creek without a paddle because I made the wrong decision and cut corners. Money is a concern because if it is expensive I just can’t go. And where does that leave me?

Accredited

Moody Bible Institute / Global University / South African Theological Seminary / Etc …

Non-Accredited

The above credited options are still between 150-200 per semester hour. So basically even the cheaper accredited colleges are going to cost me over 500.00 per class? Are you serious? How is anyone suppose to afford that? Or do I just have the all wrong?

The non-accredited schools seem to be my only financial solution needing any under 100.00 per credit hour. One just takes the chance that his Biblical Degree might not have as much meaning as his accredited counterpart.

I guess what I am thinking if I am looking at this for more of hobby reasons like casual discipleship for the Lord in my church and personal growth the non-accredited colleges would be a fine choice? Or would they? If I wanted to one day branch out and do something professional for the Lord I would need to go into debt and partake in a more expensive school? Is that what everyone is telling me?

Well anyhow thank you so much for taking the time in reading my thread. Any and all input would be greatly appreciated and well taken. So let’s blow up this thread and figure some things out.

I still have not made a decision. However, I am ready to pull the trigger on something ASAP.

I have started a community group in my local church, got a fabulous job and have been saving money, and have a baby on the way.

I am no longer trying to ever keep up with the Jones's or try to get the best of the best. I 100% just want a solid distance learning online program that is NOT accredited. I just care about reputation and honor. That if I graduate from their program that it will be respected and people will know that I received a good education.

I would go to Moody in a heart beat by here is no way I am paying 400.00 per credit hour for about 1200.00 per class. Not in this world.

So if you guys don't mind, I am looking for something extremely affordable because I am doing this just because I feel it is on my heart from God. I am looking at it like advance bible study with a certificate on the side after completing. Don't really want to pay an arm and a leg for that.

That is what I am more leaning towards. Something a lot more affordable but respectable. I am more or less looking for something that is like an advance bible study for myself but I get a certificate at the end. However, I do not want to attend a Diploma Mill either.

Anyone else have any new schools that are affordable and yet respectable? Does not necessarily need to be accredited. Just at least have a good reputation of producing good Christian Students with sound doctrine.

Get to a place where Jesus Christ himself is your teacher.

You are looking for men and women to be your teacher.

You are looking for a college.

Sounds to me like you are still looking for prestige.

marhig

HeadLine:

Accredited

Non-Accredited

The best book you can get is the Bible, and the best teacher is the God himself. Why do you need to go to college when the author of the book is at hand?

Read, pray and have faith, turn from the things of the world follow Jesus Christ and God himself will teach you.

John 14

But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

How do you think that all those who wrote the books of the Bible came to learn? Through reading the scriptures and the Holy Spirit of truth. The Bible is all you need to read, and the Spirit will guide and teach you if you have faith and love by the will of God.

2 Timothy 3

All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness

Epoisses

Some want a professional education because they see legalist noobs like God's truth and Marhig do nothing but wrest the scriptures. Here's some free advice that you won't accept - stay out of the old testament, it was never for you!

marhig

Some want a professional education because they see legalist noobs like God's truth and Marhig do nothing but wrest the scriptures. Here's some free advice that you won't accept - stay out of the old testament, it was never for you!

Professional education to learn about God? Are you for real? For a start any true teacher wouldn't charge to teach God's word. Did Jesus charge? Did the apostles? No one who belongs to God should charge money to teach the word, it's been given to us freely and freely we should give it out. Those who bare witness to the truth should do so for free. We can't put a price on God's word we shouldn't charge money when God has given us it for free. What he requires is for us to give our hearts to him.

Do you honestly believe that we need to go to college to know God? He's a living God and he will teach those who belong to him. If we truly love God and Christ from our hearts, and are willing to lay down or life for others, God will teach us all we need. He's a living God not a dead one!

And all scripture is given by the inspiration of God, not just the new testament!

How can someone never read Psalms, or the story of Moses and Joseph and David. I loved reading those even when I didn't truly know God and much more of the old testament. The whole Bible is God's word. And all is good to read. Yes the new is easier to understand, but the old is good too.

And there's no need to call others names. Surely it's better to have faith in God and trust in him to teach us, than to believe that we need to go to college to know and learn about him? Through faith and Christ we can overcome the world and learn everything that we need to know and God will give us what we need!

We can go to college and learn the Bible off by heart, but without the power Spirit we have no understanding and no life for it is through the spirit that Christ is made manifest within our hearts!

Epoisses

Professional education to learn about God? Are you for real? For a start any true teacher wouldn't charge to teach God's word. Did Jesus charge? Did the apostles? No one who belongs to God should charge money to teach the word, it's been given to us freely and freely we should give it out. Those who bare witness to the truth should do so for free. We can't put a price on God's word we shouldn't charge money when God has given us it for free. What he requires is for us to give our hearts to him.

Do you honestly believe that we need to go to college to know God? He's a living God and he will teach those who belong to him. If we truly love God and Christ from our hearts, and are willing to lay down or life for others, God will teach us all we need. He's a living God not a dead one!

And all scripture is given by the inspiration of God, not just the new testament!

How can someone never read Psalms, or the story of Moses and Joseph and David. I loved reading those even when I didn't truly know God and much more of the old testament. The whole Bible is God's word. And all is good to read. Yes the new is easier to understand, but the old is good too.

And there's no need to call others names. Surely it's better to have faith in God and trust in him to teach us, than to believe that we need to go to college to know and learn about him? Through faith and Christ we can overcome the world and learn everything that we need to know and God will give us what we need!

We can go to college and learn the Bible off by heart, but without the power Spirit we have no understanding and no life for it is through the spirit that Christ is made manifest within our hearts!

A professional education often keeps new Christians from falling into many of the pitfalls like you and Jamie the legalists have fallen into! The just live by faith not works of the law.

marhig

A professional education often keeps new Christians from falling into many of the pitfalls like you and Jamie the legalists have fallen into! The just live by faith not works of the law.
You don't know the power of the living God, because you should know that if we have faith then we don't need an education and God will provide!

We only need the faith the size of a grain of mustard seed to move mountains.

Why should people need a professional education to stop them from falling? We only need faith in God, with God all things are possible. If we haven't got true faith, then no amount of education whatsoever is going to stop us falling. And once we do have faith then we do the works of God.

In the old testament that you say not to read. King Solomon prays for wisdom. He didn't ask for himself but for others. And God blessed him for it.

1 kings 3

“Now, Lord my God, you have made your servant king in place of my father David. But I am only a little child and do not know how to carry out my duties. Your servant is here among the people you have chosen, a great people, too numerous to count or number. So give your servant a discerning heart to govern your people and to distinguish between right and wrong. For who is able to govern this great people of yours?”

The Lord was pleased that Solomon had asked for this So God said to him, “Since you have asked for this and not for long life or wealth for yourself, nor have asked for the death of your enemies but for discernment in administering justice, I will do what you have asked.I will give you a wise and discerning heart, so that there will never have been anyone like you, nor will there ever be.

Last edited:

Ask Mr. Religion

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame