ECT Name a church unlike the one spoken of here . . .

revpete

Because a person is born again when The Holy Spirit makes them a new creation.

22. Receive ye the Holy Ghost. This was a preliminary, partial fulfillment of the promise of chs. 14:16-18; 16:7-15. The full outpouring came some 50 days later at Pentecost (Acts 2). “Ghost” should be rendered “Spirit”.

That's why. However, I do see why you would say that.

Blessings: Pete 👤

Thank you Pete.However John 20:22 was the first time anyone was ever actually born again, Jesus imputing His life by the action of the Holy Spirit.. That is all I am offering up here to be understood.

Think about this. At this point in time in Jn 20:22, salvation was NOT an issue or the issue. Why not?

Hi bro,

I think we Will have to agree to differ because I see your post as a contradiction, if I understand you correctly. You say that salvation was not the issue after saying that Jn.20:22 was the first time anyone was born again. There is a lot to say on this but suffice to say that IMO scripture teaches that salvation (a large part of it anyway) is being born again and all that entails.

I gave you chapter and verse for my reason.

Pete 👤

DAN P

Thanks, P of D. I would agree with your brilliant assessment of my brilliance, but I am too humble.

Hi and I should be considered and you know how HUMBLE I really am , but since I am not KJV-ONLY I will not be considered so I will give my self an AWARD any way !!

dan p

DAN P

Thank you Pete.However John 20:22 was the first time anyone was ever actually born again, Jesus imputing His life by the action of the Holy Spirit.. That is all I am offering up here to be understood.

Think about this. At this point in time in Jn 20:22, salvation was NOT an issue or the issue. Why not?

Hi and just where is the words " born again " USED in John 20:22 or in verse 23 ??

Show me !!:chuckle::chuckle:

dan p

Cross Reference

Hi bro,

I think we Will have to agree to differ because I see your post as a contradiction, if I understand you correctly. You say that salvation was not the issue after saying that Jn.20:22 was the first time anyone was born again. There is a lot to say on this but suffice to say that IMO scripture teaches that salvation (a large part of it anyway) is being born again and all that entails.

I gave you chapter and verse for my reason.

Pete ��

But I am trying to get you to see the contradictions that have been taken for granted for so many years that don't add up.

Answer this: What is required for anyone to be saved? What did Paul tell the jailer and did he also say to the jailer he needed or would be, born again? I believe the term is mentioned once in any of the letters. When you read Paul remember that to those he spoke, he always assumed they were but never inquired.

Recognize this this and remember it:
There are only three manifestations of the holy Ghost:
#1 "With" #2 "In" and #3 "Upon".

Here's the scripture:

John 14:17 That verse takes care #1 and #2. Luke 24:49 takes care of #3.

Now, after being "WITH" them for three and a half years, Jesus went to the cross bled and died and resurrected. All mankind was redeemed. Those who were righteous were saved (Rom 5:1 KJV), especially the Disciples. Enter Jesus into the upper room in {John 20:22) to IMPUTE HIS [Holy Spirit] life "IN" to the Disciples. Then later Jesus says: Don't leave to make disciples of the righteous in the world until you be endued with power for that purpose just like me when the Holy Ghost baptised me for the same purpose, when the Holy Ghost comes "UPON" you coming up in Acts 2..

Digest that and come back.. . . :)

DAN P

But I am trying to get you to see the contradictions that have been taken for granted for so many years that don't add up.

Answer this: What is required for anyone to be saved? What did Paul tell the jailer and did he also say to the jailer he needed or would be, born again? I believe the term is mentioned once in any of the letters. When you read Paul remember that to those he spoke, he always assumed they were but never inquired.

Recognize this this and remember it:
There are only three manifestations of the holy Ghost:
#1 "With" #2 "In" and #3 "Upon".

Here's the scripture:

John 14:17 That verse takes care #1 and #2. Luke 24:49 takes care of #3.

Now, after being "WITH" them for three and a half years, Jesus went to the cross bled and died and resurrected. All mankind was redeemed. Those who were righteous were saved (Rom 5:1 KJV), especially the Disciples. Enter Jesus into the upper room in {John 20:22) to IMPUTE HIS [Holy Spirit] life "IN" to the Disciples. Then later Jesus says: Don't leave to make disciples of the righteous in the world until you be endued with power for that purpose just like me when the Holy Ghost baptised me for the same purpose, when the Holy Ghost comes "UPON" you coming up in Acts 2..

Digest that and come back.. . . :)

Hi and I DIGEST FAST as Acts 1:8 is a REPEAT of Luke 24:49 , o" dear !!

In John the verb " shall be " is in the Greek FUTURE TENSE and we are NOT there yet !!

So , since you have been saved by John 20:22 have you REMITTED anyone SINS YET ??

You can tell us !!

dan p

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
So when did you last say to anyone I CR can REMIT SINS ??

Anyone who has the Holy Spirit can pass it on but don't be hasty.

Do not lay hands on anyone hastily... ( 1 Timothy 5:22 NKJV)​

DAN P

Anyone who has the Holy Spirit can pass it on but don't be hasty.

Do not lay hands on anyone hastily... ( 1 Timothy 5:22 NKJV)​

Hi Jamie , and John 20:22 and 23 , the disciples Recieved POWER of Holy Spirit to REMIT SINS , cast out demons , heal , God have mercy that you can not see that >

C R says that the 12 were saved by John 20:22 and it is not in balance with what is written and is NOT thought provoking is BLOVATING but is ACCURSED as Gal 1:7 and 8 !!

So , how many peoples SINS have you REMITTED , C R ??

DAN P

heir

TOL Subscriber
Thanks for all the scripture, and opinion, Oprah. Weighty.

"because you have it as salvation from hell being the only objective when it wasn't"-you

Made up, Hop Sing-I never said that, so knock it off. For years, on this site, while you were still pulling up your bib, and drooling on your bunny shirt, I have argued, at length, that the ultimate end game/goal of the LORD God, is bringing glory to Himself, one manifestation of that glory, including the Lord Jesus Christ, His only begotten Son, being installed, as King, in Jerusalem, for what He did 2000+ years ago, with the nation of Israel as His ministers, priests, witnesses......, ruling with a rod of iron.....the salvation, and sanctification of man, merely being another means of bringing glory to Him.

And that is one of the features of the dispensational approach to understanding "the volume of the book"-for His glory.

Here is a clue: Get saved.

So there.
He says the same about those of us who have trusted the Lord believing 1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV

Oh but, it isn't incomplete. You are incomplete.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
So , how many peoples SINS have you REMITTED , C R ??

Actually, it is God who remits sins, we simply baptize people for the remission of sins.

Peter said, "Repent and let every one of you be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins..." (Acts 2:38 NKJV)

The Holy Spirit works through people.

heir

TOL Subscriber
Actually, it is God who remits sins, we simply baptize people for the remission of sins.

Peter said, "Repent and let every one of you be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins..." (Acts 2:38 NKJV)

The Holy Spirit works through people.
Acts 2:38 KJV vs. Colossians 2:13 KJV

Things that are different are not the same!

SaulToPaul 2

Born again?

Jesus said, "That which is born of the flesh is flesh, and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit." (John 3:6 NKJV)

Those born of flesh bleed, those born of the Spirit don't bleed.

Jesus explained, "The wind blows where it wishes and you hear the sound of it, but cannot tell where it comes from and where it goes. So is everyone who is born of the Spirit." (John 3:8 NKJV)

Do we see the wind or do we just see the effects of the wind? Wind is invisible and so is everyone born of the Spirit.

Very close.

The Lord Jesus appeared and disappeared in the 40 days he walked the earth after his resurrection. They could not tell from where he came, or where he went when he left them.

Flesh, bone, spirit. This is born again.

Cross Reference

Very close.

The Lord Jesus appeared and disappeared in the 40 days he walked the earth after his resurrection. They could not tell from where he came, or where he went when he left them.

Flesh, bone, spirit. This is born again.

No! That is Anti-Christ. It is the enemy from you having his way in diminishing the value of one's born again life by the Holy Spirit; to make one's life in Christ of non-effect in the purposes of God for having redeemed mankind.

DAN P

That just adds to your perdition!

Hi and I see that you will not answer John 20:22 and 23 !!

#1 , Why is the Greek Article not used in the Greek ?

#2 , It MREALLY reads , " RECEIVE YE HOLY SPIRIT!!

#3 , Where is there salvation OR being Born Again here at all ?

#4 , Receive the Holy Spirit REALLY means that they were given POWER TO REMIT SINS in verse 23 !!~

You will not answer , since you believe verse 22 speaks of salvation , so where is it ??

I laugh when you chastise others for not answering your questions and THEN do the same thing !!

dan p