N00b question

Status
Not open for further replies.

HandyAtheist

Are these boards always so full of flame wars? Seems like it's just a flame-fest on many threads. Perhaps I just haven't read enough yet.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Are these boards always so full of flame wars? Seems like it's just a flame-fest on many threads. Perhaps I just haven't read enough yet.
It's true there is much more spirited debate here on TOL than on other Christian forums. We like it that way.

We also have our fair share of fellowshipping. It is.... what you make it.

Tchort

Welcome, Handy! This is one of several forums that I have visited, and the only religious forum that I have registered with. Yes, it is spirited as Knight stated and that is what drew me to sign up. It is pretty much a no holds barred (sans profanity) discussion group that encourages the participants to say what is really on their minds.
Not all agree though, and the fridge from many sides are represented.
Enjoy your stay, I have only been here for a few weeks.

Aimiel

Welcome HandyAtheist. It is what you make it. You won't be edited or slammed (for the most part) as long as you're civil. Those of us who can't control our keyboard get slammed whether we like it or not. :chuckle:

Aimiel

OK, well, sometimes you will be slammed even when you're being honest and just posting a simple, "Hello," to a new TOL'er.

chickenman

a-atheist
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

You might try the Richard Simmons forum. They have a flame-fest over there, too.

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
In other news - I get really paranoid sometimes. :noid:

So .. just to be sure about my place in all this:

:CRASH: :firechyld

:)

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
:firechyld beat :bananna: in the last smiley execution. We need another one to get rid of it.

MrPolo

Ah. Not sure I want any of that, but I'll stick around a while for the entertainment value. ;)

If you do stick around, you can identify fairly quickly who is interested in some productive discussion, and who's interested in self-serving their ego by trying to come up with a creative way to insult somebody.

Status
Not open for further replies.