My reply to beanieboy

Status
Not open for further replies.

SOTK

beanieboy said:
You mean you couldn't care less (as I pointed out to Robin earlier in the thread)?

Yes, I could care less what a reviewer thinks of the film. I do not go to movies because of what a reviewer thinks. I never have and never will. I can make up my own mind.

beanieboy said:
Can I deny that it was a success?
I can say that a lot of people went to see it.
I can say that it made money.
(A lot of people saw The Texas Chainsaw Massacre, Friday the 13th and the Exorcist as well.)

Beanieboy,

There couldn't ever be a movie made about Christ that would satisfy you. If there was another movie made that had the same success as The Passion, you would poke holes at it.

beanieboy said:
Was it a success in portraying the Gospel?

Yes. Christ was betrayed, suffered, and died. This occured so that sin and death were conquered and that we could be reconciled to God.

beanieboy said:
I don't remember there being a part in any of the Gospels of a crow gouging out the eyes of one of the thieves on the cross.

I don't recall Gibson ever stating that The Passion was a complete and 100% portrayal of the Gospel. The movie was his interpretation. In my opinion, he came very close though.

beanieboy said:
My point of showing the reviews is that my view is shared by others.

Yeah, uh huh.

beanieboy said:
So, it would be more accurate to say you don't care what anyone else thinks.You don't want to contemplate another view of the movie, and a critical questioning, not of the crucifiction of Christ,but of the way in which it was portrayed by Gibson.

It would be more accurate to say that I see through reviews and critiques such as yours, and yes, could care less. If I felt you were sincere, which I don't, I would be more inclined to listen to your review and/or questions.

Servo

Formerly Shimei!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Galatians 3:
This only I want to learn from you: Did you receive the Spirit by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith? 3 Are you so foolish? Having begun in the Spirit, are you now being made perfect by the flesh?

13 Christ has redeemed us from the curse of the law, having become a curse for us (for it is written, “Cursed is everyone who hangs on a tree”

Status
Not open for further replies.