My "Fake Catholic" List

musterion

wow you compare Paul's utterings to the malicious claptrap heard on TOL!!! That's really something..

Why'd you change your name from Republicanchick? Too many people got to be ignoring your redundant, repetitive threads? Did Saint Hannity come to you in a vision on toast?

I have to add another to my Fake Catholic List, although it wouldn't be on the 100% List

Camille Cosby, Bill Cosby's wife

She is supposed to be Catholic, but it isn't Catholic to support in any way, perversion. If I had a spouse from Hell I would LEAVE

she is weak and seems to like Bill better than Jesus

:yawn:

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
The Catholic Church has historically excommunicated women for abortion. For most of it's history, it was even for life, which meant a lifelong stake of one's salvation.

Then there came a time where it was decided that such a sin could be repented by making a pilgrimage.

Now, Pope Francis has sent out missionaries to go directly out to the women and absolve them. If it hasn't happened already, that will evolve into granting all priests power to absolve at will.

There's been a pretty quick evolution of how the RCC treats abortion in relevance to the fact that excommunication for life was the ordinance for half it's time in existence.

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
So, do I get free food, at Friday "Fish Fry's,"
I don't know, but that sounds awesome. :)
and a good seat, at the "Knights Of Columbus" poker games,
I kind of love playing in early position against tight players, aggressive or otherwise, because you can steal anything you want unless they've got a monster, and it's obvious when they do.

And then you just fold.

But even when you know they've got a good one, doesn't mean fold automatically because sometimes you've got the straight flush. Straight flushes should be played slow, whether you're in early or late position. Don't overthink it. The last thing the other players are going to think is, "It's a straight flush."

They can't catch up. You don't want to chase them away, you don't want to chase any of them away. You're going to showdown and beat every last one of them and you're going to beat them hard. You want that pot just brimming with everybody's stacks after the river bets.

So therefore, it therefore must be absolutely important for a career poker player to know how to convince other players to stay in the hand instead of fold, because you have to slaughter them when you get a straight flush. If you don't, then why are you even playing this game? You have to waste them all when you finally get the immortal nut straight flush. You have to be ready for that, get them all to relax, and to hand over all their chips.
and possibly free beer?
'Free liquor and I'm in.
And how about a free ride on "The Pope Mobile?"
There's one way to get a free ride, all the other people who ride in it get paid to do so.

That is one of the most ignorant things i have ever heard. America is great BECAUSE of the influence of Catholicism. Where do you think the Founders got all that lofty talk about natural rights, the rights of man coming from God not the state? It came from the Catholic Church. If you had studied history, you wouldn't have said such a thing. The Catholic Church is responsible for starting the universities

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
That is one of the most ignorant things i have ever heard.
To what/whom are you responding?
America is great BECAUSE of the influence of Catholicism. Where do you think the Founders got all that lofty talk about natural rights, the rights of man coming from God not the state? It came from the Catholic Church.
'Can't argue with you there.
If you had studied history, you wouldn't have said such a thing.
Again, to whom is this directed?
The Catholic Church is responsible for starting the universities
We owe a great debt to her. And yet she maintains that we ought not intermingle her with politics; she believes in the legal separation between Church and state/"the sword."

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
[Nancy Pelosi] Thanks for adding another one...

:dizzy: You have it backward.

Catholic means universal church. Do you mean Romanism? :eek:linger: That's evil (Ge 27:38–41, 36:43, 1 Ki 11:16-19, Dan 9:26, Ob 1:1-21, Mal 1:4, Is 14:13, 63:1-4, Ps 83:1-6, Eze 35:1-3, 9-10, 13-14, Re 17:5).

Pelosi :shocked: is a good :eek: Roman CathOlic :freak: (Eccl 10:2, Jn 10:10, Jud 11 :burnlib:).

Last edited:

Cruciform

Paul could be quite "mean" when false teachers and heretics had it coming.
Paul, however, was an Apostle who exercised apostolic authority in the Church. Those on TOL---including myself---certainly are not and do not.

PS "Mean" is a concept for children and halfwits. Let it go.
Agreed---though that's kind of mean... ;).