Most moving piece of music

Psalmist

Blessed is the man that......
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
The Hallelujah Chorus

The Lone Ranger part of William Tell's Overture.

Vangelis "Chariots of Fire"

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
The Navy Hymn (for those in peril on the sea)
Angels We Have Heard on High
Holy, Holy, Holy
Somewhere Over the Rainbow
Train Song by Tom Waits
Lucky Guy, Todd Rundgren

musterion

As a teen a music appreciation class (they still have those?) intro'd me to Claude Debussy, who I listened to for years, and other Impressionists. I liked his not quite as well known works like La Mer and Maid with the Flaxen Hair. Then I learned how his wife shot herself when he abandoned her to take up with another man's wife, who was pregnant with Debussy's bastard child. I could never listen to him after that and ditched all CDs of him. To this day I can't hear his music without thinking what an utter scumbag he was.

nikolai_42

As a teen a music appreciation class (they still have those?) intro'd me to Claude Debussy, who I listened to for years, and other Impressionists. I liked his not quite as well known works like La Mer and Maid with the Flaxen Hair. Then I learned how his wife shot herself when he abandoned her to take up with another man's wife, who was pregnant with Debussy's bastard child. I could never listen to him after that and ditched all CDs of him. To this day I can't hear his music without thinking what an utter scumbag he was.

I've never had an ear for Debussy's music - even without knowing his personal life (the lives of many composers were wrecks...sometimes seems almost a prerequisite!). To be honest, most late 19th century music sounds the same to me - not very lyrical and a bit jumbled. And the logical result of all that is music like what we get from composers like Philip Glass. No more objective beauty....

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Hard to say what the "most moving" piece I've heard. :think:
(Peter Gabriel - Salsbury Hill)
This one is very moving, in my opinion.
Nice choice. Could add Biko, Games..., Family Snapshot. And he was one of the writers of Genesis' terrific Supper's Ready.

The Berean

Whenever I need to workout and I am in a lazy mood I just watch this video. :D

NOTE: At time 1:39 Mickey says, "Don't give up! Get that olive oil outta ya!!" :rotfl: