A well'a bless my soul
What'sa wrong with me?
I metcha' like a man on a fuzzy tree
A man said a man gets as fat as a bug
I'm in love
A malt shook up
Mm mm mm, mm, yay, yay, yay"- Elvis Presley

Well, yeah....I get it.....now!

But...that's what I actually heard as a kid.

OH...as a kid. Well, I'm amazed you can remember that far back, but you sound like you were a real corker. :chuckle:

heir

TOL Subscriber
"Blinded by the light.....wrapped up like a douche bag in the middle of the night..."

Sorry, but that's what I heard, believe it or not, and it was in the middle of the night when half asleep. :idunno:

:rotfl: that's why my mother hated that song! She must have heard it the same way! Could be why she always made us change the channel!

Last edited:

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
My brother heard Leslie Gore's old song "It's my party and I'll cry if I want to"
as "Big bag of honey and a little bag of honey."

Yes, we grew up in a strange family.

Mocking You

"Luverne",
instead of
"Love Hurts"
by Nazareth.

"She's got electric boobs and mohair shoes. You know I read it in a magazine... "

Instead of:

"She's got electric boots, a mohair suit. You know I read it in a magazine... "

Bennie and the Jets, Elton John

"Don't give us none of your aggravation, we've had it with your Death Star plan"

Instead of

"Don't give us none of your aggravation, we've had it with your discipline. "

Saturday Night's All Right by Elton John

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Wow, there's a lot of misheard lyrics by Elton John. Must be that fruity British accent.

Mocking You

Wow, there's a lot of misheard lyrics by Elton John. Must be that fruity British accent.

One night ages ago (1980's something) a couple friends and I tried to decipher about a half dozen Elton John songs. This was during the age of cassette tapes. We would listen to the snippets of lyrics, pause the tape and each person would give their interpretation of what Elton was singing. Then we'd rewind a few seconds, listen again, and guess again. I've got to say that Saturday Night's All Right (For Fighting) and Bennie and the Jets were the hardest ones.

I've also noticed that SoundHound app sometimes makes some really silly errors in lyrics.

Rod Stewart's "You're in My Heart", "The big bosomed lady with the Dutch accent",
Becomes: "the big bossed lady..."

Foreigner's "Blue Morning, Blue Day": 'I've always listened to your point of view, my ways I've tried to mend'
Becomes: 'I've always listened to your point of view, my ways are cut through men'.