Mexicans are Dumb and Will Destroy America?

TomO

Get used to it.
Hall of Fame
I was born here. I was inculturated here. I learned my language here.

How dare Mexicans, foreigners, think that they can just walk on in and try to change things.

Under those circumstances I suppose that I can see how a person such as yourself would feel threatened.

I feel a kind of sad pity for you. :think:

Traditio

BANNED
Banned
Under those circumstances I suppose that I can see how a person such as yourself would feel threatened.

I feel a kind of sad pity for you. :think:

I would like to add, by the way, that I was brought up in this country speaking English. There are people employed in this country, who have to deal with English-speakers, who either don't speak the language, or else, don't speak it as fluently as they speak their first language.

I shouldn't have to learn a foreign language to be able to speak to other people in my own country!

No. If they want to speak hispanic, let them stay in hispanic countries. I certainly don't want them here.

TomO

Get used to it.
Hall of Fame
I would like to add, by the way, that I was brought up in this country speaking English. There are people employed in this country, who have to deal with English-speakers, who either don't speak the language, or else, don't speak it as fluently as they speak their first language.

I shouldn't have to learn a foreign language to be able to speak to other people in my own country!

No. If they want to speak hispanic, let them stay in hispanic countries. I certainly don't want them here.

You're not going to start crying, are you? :AMR:

Sitamun

These kinds of arguments are silly. You are bringing up stuff from history books. I'm not talking about history books. I'm talking about now. I'm talking about the country in which I was born, the culture in which I was raised, the language that I was brought up to speak, etc, and I'm talking about large numbers of people who were not born in this country, who do not speak my language, and who do not share my culture, but who insist on flooding into this country like water onto a beach at high tide.

I'm concerned about the here and now. And in the here and now, Mexicans are a problem, as are hispanics generally speaking.

The funny (well sad, not really funny) thing here is, your argument is the EXACT SAME ARGUMENT since at least the Irish Famine. So yes, I bring up things in history books because your argument is the exact same tired, and yet always untrue argument that has forever been used against immigrants.

Traditio

BANNED
Banned
The funny (well sad, not really funny) thing here is, your argument is the EXACT SAME ARGUMENT since at least the Irish Famine. So yes, I bring up things in history books because your argument is the exact same tired, and yet always untrue argument that has forever been used against immigrants.

1. The Irish spoke English.

2. The Irish were both Western and white.

3. Even so, I think that they were still good arguments back then. What was the effect of the large numbers of Irish people coming into the US on work conditions and wages?

The Berean

It's a Ph.D. dissertation. As far as I am concerned, the only people who have a right to make controversy over it are his peers, and, foremost, his dissertation board.
When someone claims that Mexican immigrants are low IQ imbeciles he will get called on it.

You're not impressed by statistical analysis?
I have a background in mathematics and I study sabermetrics on the side. What I have read so far in Richwine's dissertation he is merely regurgitating the statistics from other's research. The first part of his dissertation is explaining what IQ is.

No. Both of these cases involve neglible numbers of people, and at least the former is dying, and when I go to Home Depot or Walmart, for example, and look at product labels and signs, I am not forced to see things written in Yiddish or Pynnsylvania Dutch. When I am driving on the interstate, I am not forced to see Budweiser advertisements written entirely in Yiddish, without any English. There are, as far as I am aware, no major national cable networks in Yiddish.

When I turn on a radio station, my ears are not assailed by Yiddish language songs and news.
Are that many Spanish radio stations in your area? I seem to remmeber you are going to school in Texas?

But hispanics (especially Mexicans) are like cockroaches. They're everywhere, and left unchecked, their numbers are just going to increase until there's an irreversible infestation.
See there you go again. You really don't understand how this sounds? You come off as racist and incredibly arrogant when you refer to an entire group of people as cockroaches. By what right do YOU have to cal other people "cockroaches"? Do you have any Irish or Italian ancestry? They were refered as an "infestation" when they came to America as immigrants as well.

As far as the Catholic thing:

1. To my understanding, many Mexicans only are nominally Catholic, and Mexico in general is a vertible hotbed of theological liberalism.
Are Mexican Catholics any more "nominally Catholic" than American Catholics? Even today Mexico is steeped in Catholic culture and traditions.

2. There are other interests than religion in determing what constitutes a society which is favorable to one's interests.
Not according to the Catholic Church.

Catholic Social Teaching
The Catholic Catechism instructs the faithful that good government has two duties, both of which must be carried out and neither of which can be ignored. The first duty is to welcome the foreigner out of charity and respect for the human person. Persons have the right to immigrate and thus government must accommodate this right to the greatest extent possible, especially financially blessed nations: "The more prosperous nations are obliged, to the extent they are able, to welcome the foreigner in search of the security and the means of livelihood which he cannot find in his country of origin. Public authorities should see to it that the natural right is respected that places a guest under the protection of those who receive him." Catholic Catechism, 2241.

The second duty is to secure one’s border and enforce the law for the sake of the common good. Sovereign nations have the right to enforce their laws and all persons must respect the legitimate exercise of this right: "Political authorities, for the sake of the common good for which they are responsible may make the exercise of the right to immigrate subject to various juridical conditions, especially with regard to the immigrants' duties toward their country of adoption. Immigrants are obliged to respect with gratitude the material and spiritual heritage of the country that receives them, to obey its laws and to assist in carrying civic burdens." Catholic Catechism, 2241.

In January 2003, the U.S. Catholic Bishops released a pastoral letter on migration entitled, "Strangers No Longer: Together on the Journey of Hope." In their letter, the Bishops stressed that, "[w]hen persons cannot find employment in their country of origin to support themselves and their families, they have a right to find work elsewhere in order to survive. Sovereign nations should provide ways to accommodate this right." No. 35. The Bishops made clear that the "[m]ore powerful economic nations…ave a stronger obligation to accommodate migration flows." No. 36.

SOURCE

So do you disagree with the Catholic Bishops?

Skybringr

BANNED
Banned
20140216-151043.jpg

resurrected

BANNED
Banned
I have a background in mathematics and I study sabermetrics on the side.

nerd-alert-1.jpg

Do you have any Irish or Italian ancestry? They were refered as an "infestation" when they came to America as immigrants as well

well, they were/are :idunno:

and they were dead set against the emancipation proclamation - they didn't want any competition for jobs on the east coast from freed slaves

pinetree

"'No one knows whether Hispanics will ever reach IQ parity with whites, but the prediction that new Hispanic immigrants will have low-IQ children and grandchildren is difficult to argue against,' Richwine wrote."

i don't believe any race has a "monopoly" on intelligence. There are those within any race who have high IQs and those who have low ones. However, i dont study this 4 a living and some people do. I will defer to whateve their scientific tests reveal.

But the reason Mexicans should not be allowed to come into the US, especially illegally, is because many of them HATE us. This is something few seem 2 want 2 discuss, but i happen to know it is true. I have been treated poorly by Mexicans, in their stores, restaurants, etc, and they don't even know me so i have to assume it's because i am "Whitey" and my "ancestors" stole Mexican land from theirs... so the myth goes. There was a war over this, however, and money exchanged hands. The Mexicans need to accept that and stop entering our country, breaking our laws, and trying to zap our economic resources. It is CRIMINAL​

:bang:

Sitamun

i don't believe any race has a "monopoly" on intelligence. There are those within any race who have high IQs and those who have low ones. However, i dont study this 4 a living and some people do. I will defer to whateve their scientific tests reveal.

But the reason Mexicans should not be allowed to come into the US, especially illegally, is because many of them HATE us. This is something few seem 2 want 2 discuss, but i happen to know it is true. I have been treated poorly by Mexicans, in their stores, restaurants, etc, and they don't even know me so i have to assume it's because i am "Whitey" and my "ancestors" stole Mexican land from theirs... so the myth goes. There was a war over this, however, and money exchanged hands. The Mexicans need to accept that and stop entering our country, breaking our laws, and trying to zap our economic resources. It is CRIMINAL​

:bang:
Perhaps it's where you live, but here in Chicago I have been treated with nothing but respect from all immigrant groups regardless of their home origins.

I can if you live in the southwest why there might be some hostility. Not rationalizing it, just noting it. Perhaps of course they might just be picking up on something in you. Just a thought.

pinetree

Perhaps it's where you live, but here in Chicago I have been treated with nothing but respect from all immigrant groups regardless of their home origins.

I can if you live in the southwest why there might be some hostility. Not rationalizing it, just noting it. Perhaps of course they might just be picking up on something in you. Just a thought.

yes, it is probably that last one. I am just SOOOO despicable (God made me that way, ya know...), so awful a person that no one in his or her right mind would even have the desire to get to know me. Yes, people can just TeLL without knowing one thing about me that i am worthless.

Yep, i think u r onto something.

:dizzy:

quip

BANNED
Banned
Seems they're simply bettering themselves by relocating to a more prosperous setting. More power to 'em!

What's that oft conservative refrain....pick yourself up by your own bootstraps. Does this only apply to whitey?

pinetree

Seems they're simply bettering themselves by relocating to a more prosperous setting. More power to 'em!

What's that oft conservative refrain....pick yourself up by your own bootstraps. Does this only apply to whitey?

no, it only applies to those who appreciate and respect and adhere to our LAWS

but then, what would a liberal know about law? They think laws are simply made 2b broken, and re-broken and re-broken until there is no law left

That's stupid

___

The Berean

Hey now nerds run the world. :D Did you know that that the first plausible warp drive theory was created by a Mexican physicist? :banana:

Alcubierre drive

well, they were/are :idunno:
One of my best friends is Irish (McNamara).

and they were dead set against the emancipation proclamation - they didn't want any competition for jobs on the east coast from freed slaves
I'm not surprised. The Irish had their own issues to deal with...

nina.jpg

Last edited:

quip

BANNED
Banned

no, it only applies to those who appreciate and respect and adhere to our LAWS

but then, what would a liberal know about law? They think laws are simply made 2b broken, and re-broken and re-broken until there is no law left

That's stupid

___

This country was found by flouting British law.

Even your attempt at ad hom....is rather pathetic. :D

Big Dave

1. The Irish spoke English.

2. The Irish were both Western and white.

3. Even so, I think that they were still good arguments back then. What was the effect of the large numbers of Irish people coming into the US on work conditions and wages?

1. Yes, Gaelige (gwale-guh), or Irish Gaelic, saw a steep decline, as a result of both the Anglicization of the Protestant community (including Irish, Ulster-Scots, and Anglo-Irish), as well Gaelige being quasi-illegal (lots of back-and-forth with the language going back to the Statutes of Kilkenny, and seeing direct assault during The Protestant Ascendancy). The average Irish Catholic arriving in the US prior to the Gaelic Revival around 1877 spoke precious little Gaelige, if any.

2. I would advise you to the read the book "How the Irish became White" by Noel Ignatiev. The Protestants which arrived were treated with either indifference or certain distrust, and are typically referred to as "Lace Curtain Irish". Many of these "Prods" were Ulster-Scots (known in North America as Scot-Irish), and there were quite a number of US Presidents descended from them (Andrew Jackson, James Buchanan, Ulysses Grant just to name a few). Roman Catholic Irish, on the other hand, were treated with severe disdain, and were often referred to as "Shanty Irish", especially when large amounts of them came over in the Coffin Ships during The Blight (Irish potato famines). More than one US newspaper decried that American cities were being overtaken by "waves of the 'n-word' Irish". These Catholics were seen as violent drunks, and police carriages in cities with large Irish populations became known as "Paddy Wagons", a term still in use.

3. The biggest concern Americans had was the fact that the majority of Irish immigrants were Roman Catholic and uneducated (not their fault. Read about Irish Catholics in Ireland immediately following the Williamite Wars and the Protestant Ascendancy). The "No Pope Of Rome" mentality was alive and well in the US at the time (German immigrants were often hated for the same reason). Irish Catholics became desperate for work, as more than one place of business had a sign outside saying "No Irish Need Apply", leading to one of the earliest Irish folk songs written in the US. The Irish often forund work in the police departments, as police work was not the glorified, good career it is today. Police work was incredibly dangerous and pitifully low-paying. However, most metropolitan police forces accepted the Irish, and there are now "dynasties" in the East Coast departments (law enforcement families).

While my father's family has been in this country since the 1880's (of County Wicklow, Ireland, as well as the Scottish Highlands), my mother's parents immigrated here from County Fermanagh, Northern Ireland, in 1949, and did not face the prejudices that the Irish immigrants before them did (while my mother was born here, here two oldest siblings were born in Enniskillen Town, County Fermanagh).

99lamb

Illegal(s),why is that such a difficult concept for the Leftist?
English only, for the Government and in the school system.
Assimilate very simple.
Amend the 14th Amendment it no longer serves American interests.

Skybringr

BANNED
Banned
I don't really see the big deal about the whole complaint with English and Spanish options.

Even without illegal immigrants, Mexico is America's neighboring country and by extension, legitimate immigration is inevitable and common. I mean, we have a state called 'New Mexico'..

It's simply practical to have such options.

pinetree

This country was found by flouting British law.

Even your attempt at ad hom....is rather pathetic. :D

i find it wholly irrelevent that our country was founded by flouting Brittish law.

The Bible says to obey men's laws unless they interfere w/ God's laws. US laws are far more respecting of God's laws than are other countries'

pinetree

I don't really see the big deal about the whole complaint with English and Spanish options.

Even without illegal immigrants, Mexico is America's neighboring country and by extension, legitimate immigration is inevitable and common. I mean, we have a state called 'New Mexico'..

It's simply practical to have such options.

either Mexicans who come here (meaning: legally) will speak English or the English like u and I will have to learn Spanish

if one or the other doesn't happen, we might as well write off having a united United States