Mexicans are Dumb and Will Destroy America?

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
This is absurd my friend.
I understand that you feel that way about it, but it really isn't.

Your condescension is truly amazing,
Except condescension would be patronizing you because I believe you're inferior, instead of discussing handicaps you have that are temporary with someone else.

and your childishness never fails to amaze.
Where this sort of response rather underlines my point.

If I had more respect for you this would really have ended that
Okay. Take whatever line you like. I think a day will come when you wince to read over a good bit of what you write now. Maybe not, but I certainly hope so. Doesn't change my general good opinion or my specific concerns.

And you remain hard headed and wrong in defense of someone who should and I do believe knows better.

Arthur Brain

He gave a reason why: cultural practices he dislikes. He also gave examples of black people who do not exhibit such cultural characteristics, thus demonstrating that he does not somehow believe that he would not like spending time with a black person merely because of the color of their skin.

What, you mean like how they're supposedly incapable of having a conversation in the street without shouting, that sort of *cultural* difference? :rolleyes: Heck, the guy seems to think that young Hispanics have some sort of monopoly on drinking a lot and playing loud music at night...get real here Zips.

Then call him self-centered, don't call him a racist.

Why not? He identifies as one himself for cryin' out loud. He argues how racism is a *rational* position to hold, how a diverse range of culture is detrimental et al.

Unless you think black people are racist I don't think you're getting very far with that assertion.

Oh, there's racism among blacks, whites, Mexicans, you name it. I don't think anyone's arguing otherwise but when blacks use the 'n' word it's a completely different connotation to when others do so.

He is attempting to shock his friends and create humor.

Well he's sure failed on the latter at the very least...

Could be. I don't like false witness.

Well you haven't really got anything to complain about here then.

Traditio

BANNED
Banned
Two points:

1. You guys really shouldn't be criticizing Zippy. As a general rule, in cases of uncertainty, when someone's actions are morally ambiguous (his action might be bad or not), and we don't know the actual moral status, we should read that person's actions in the best likely light. We should give people the benefit of the doubt.

Zippy has done and is doing that, and he's simply being charitable. You should admire Zippy for this.

2. I will admit that I'm very likely worse than Zippy is making out. I likely won't make further posts in this thread, since I don't wish to defend any positions I've made here further.

As a general reminder: we should be attacking each other less; praying for each other more.

To any who have been offended (especially those of minority status): no hard feelings, I hope.

Granite

Hall of Fame
Then asians, mexicans, etc... can use it without worry? Only whites are being racist when using it...hmm

Totally different dynamic there and you know it.

I'm happy to see Trad is going to crawl under a rock for a little while, or at the very least temporarily quit with the racist shtick.

bybee

Two points:

1. You guys really shouldn't be criticizing Zippy. As a general rule, in cases of uncertainty, when someone's actions are morally ambiguous (his action might be bad or not), and we don't know the actual moral status, we should read that person's actions in the best likely light. We should give people the benefit of the doubt.

Zippy has done and is doing that, and he's simply being charitable. You should admire Zippy for this.

2. I will admit that I'm very likely worse than Zippy is making out. I likely won't make further posts in this thread, since I don't wish to defend any positions I've made here further.

As a general reminder: we should be attacking each other less; praying for each other more.

To any who have been offended (especially those of minority status): no hard feelings, I hope.

Rather, "I am examining my statements and do not intend to change any time soon." It is unrealistic and simplistic to expect "no hard feelings"!
For you to "should" people is laughable.
You get to make specious and racist comments which are bound to be offensive yet others "should" be nicer?
And we are all praying for you to get a clue!

resurrected

BANNED
Banned
I'm sorry I missed this thread but in amongst all the clamour and attacks on Trad I found this gem. Great post Zippy!

Hey Trad,

I think you made an interesting and valid point in the original post and throughout the thread. I think some of the responses were probably overreactions to the point you were making.

I see you've admitted some racist tendencies. I know you struggle with certain things, including aspergers, so I'm sure it can be hard. Even so, Anna is right and it is clearly a place for improvement and something you ought to work at. Despite our own advantages and disadvantages, we are all quite small before Christ. We stand at the bottom of a mountain to be climbed; perhaps the Mexican is a bit shorter than you, perhaps someone without aspergers is a bit taller. Either way, it doesn't make a big difference in light of the mountain, and Christ loved the least most.

I admire your intellect and your utter honesty, but your racism is a disappointment. Be at peace, keep looking at yourself clearly, keep your nose to the grindstone and your eyes on the Lord. I have great hope for you. :)

You have my prayers, pray for me as well,
-zip :cheers:

resurrected

BANNED
Banned
here we are nearing the end of the summer and it's time to assess the efforts of those dumb mexicans and their attempts to destroy america

what do people think?

are they well on their way?

or are they just too lazy to care?

TomO

Get used to it.
Hall of Fame
and a quick checkup on the progress of those dumb mexicans attempting to destroy america

are they getting anywhere?

Well....I've been keeping an eye on my toddler grandson and so far he doesn't seem to be having much success. :think:

....Unless you count the cat...He's doing pretty good at tormenting her. :plain:

muslimsoldier

So if you have an influx of poor, stupid, unskilled people (Mexican or otherwise) into the country, people who are likely to generate poor, stupid, unskilled children...how can this not have serious consequences for the country?

Do you understand the difference between someone who is ignorant and someone who is stupid? From your response, I gather you don't. Hence, you're ignorant when describing the poor illegals that come to this country.

Let's add something else here. African slaves, unskilled and "stupid", were brought to this country to labor themselves away to produce and create American trade. They were freed, but were still poor and "stupid" as you may say. Yet, why is it that today, that more and more blacks are coming from "poor, stupid" families and graduating from Ivy League schools and prospering? For example, Richard Sherman. The people that seem to be calling him a thug, tend to be white. However, he graduated Stanford with a 3.7 GPA and has a Master's in Communications. He graduated with a 4.0 GPA in high school and scored a 1400 on his SATs. All the while, he came from a "poor, stupid" family.

resurrected

BANNED
Banned
So if you have an influx of poor, stupid, unskilled people (Mexican or otherwise) into the country...

:think:

The-Pilgrims-Landing,-Novem.jpg

The Berean

After my dad moved to CA in the mid 1960's several of his family immigrated to CA in the 1970's and early 1980's to work mostly as migrant farm workers. Despite these humble beginnings many of the children of these migrant workers graduated from college.

This week the daughter of one cousin of mine graduated from Stanford University with a bachelor's degree in Bioengineeing. This cousin immigrated from Mexico to California as a young adult and made his life here. I have another cousin who's son just graduated from Boston University with a degree in Mechanical Engineering with an emphasis in Aerospace. I have one uncle who moved his wife and young children to CA in 1980. All four of his children earned college degrees. I have another cousin with a son that also earned a college degree in business. In my immediate family me and two brothers earned college degrees. By my count this is 10 first generation Mexican-Americans with 14 college degrees among them. And that's only the beginning. More of my younger family are also planning on attending college. There are many migrant workers who come to America and their children live better lives than their parents. So I don't buy into the theory that the Mexicans that come here are all "dumb" or even the majority of them.

Last edited:

Traditio

BANNED
Banned
1. AAAAH! Zombie thread!

2. Antecdotal evidence. What counts isn't your relatives or people you know. What counts are the sheer numbers and general trends.

The Berean

1. AAAAH! Zombie thread!

2. Antecdotal evidence. What counts isn't your relatives or people you know. What counts are the sheer numbers and general trends.

Ummm...my relatives are part of those numbers, right? There is nothing extraordinary about my family and many other Mexican families can go on to very successful. Any idea that intentionally marginalizes a group of people should be rebuked and discarded.