Merciful to their unrighteousness a Covenant Blessing !

beloved57

Matt 26:28

28 For this is my blood of the new testament/covenant, which is shed for many for the remission of sins.

Heb 8:6,12-13

6 But now hath he obtained a more excellent ministry, by how much also he is the mediator of a better covenant, which was established upon better promises.

12 For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins and their iniquities will I remember no more.

13 In that he saith, A new covenant, he hath made the first old. Now that which decayeth and waxeth old is ready to vanish away.

The New Covenant and its promises are wrapped up in the Person and Work of the Lord Jesus Christ, whois the Head of His Body the Church, whom He Loved and gave Himself for Eph 5:25-26,

Now one of the better promises linked unto His death, the shedding of His Blood, is along with remission/forgiveness of sins, is that He will be merciful unto their unrighteousness !

This is something God has promised to do. The word unrighteousness here is the word adikia and means:

1. unrighteousness of heart and life

morally, wrongfulness (of character, life or act):—iniquity, unjust, unrighteousness, wrong.

1. unrighteous, sinful

2. of one who deals fraudulently with others, deceitful

unjust; by extension wicked; by implication, treacherous; specially, heathen:—unjust, unrighteous.

2. a deed violating law and justice, act of unrighteousness

So those Christ shed His Blood for God has promised to be merciful unto their unrighteousness, which covers their disobedience and unbelief, rebellion, wrong doing.

Theyre the Vessels of Mercy that God shut up into unbelief/disobedience in order to have mercy upon them according to the New Covenant in Christ's Blood Rom 11:32

32 For God hath concluded them all in unbelief, that he might have mercy upon all.

God cannot and willl not impute unbelief against them Christ died for, for that would contradict His Promise of Mercy unto them. So those who are condemned already because they believe not on Christ Jn 3:18, cant be anybody Christ died for, because if so, God must be merciful unto their unbelief for Christ's sake !

popsthebuilder

Matt 26:28

28 For this is my blood of the new testament/covenant, which is shed for many for the remission of sins.

Heb 8:6,12-13

6 But now hath he obtained a more excellent ministry, by how much also he is the mediator of a better covenant, which was established upon better promises.

12 For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins and their iniquities will I remember no more.

13 In that he saith, A new covenant, he hath made the first old. Now that which decayeth and waxeth old is ready to vanish away.

The New Covenant and its promises are wrapped up in the Person and Work of the Lord Jesus Christ, whois the Head of His Body the Church, whom He Loved and gave Himself for Eph 5:25-26,

Now one of the better promises linked unto His death, the shedding of His Blood, is along with remission/forgiveness of sins, is that He will be merciful unto their unrighteousness !

This is something God has promised to do. The word unrighteousness here is the word adikia and means:

1. unrighteousness of heart and life

morally, wrongfulness (of character, life or act):—iniquity, unjust, unrighteousness, wrong.

1. unrighteous, sinful

2. of one who deals fraudulently with others, deceitful

unjust; by extension wicked; by implication, treacherous; specially, heathen:—unjust, unrighteous.

2. a deed violating law and justice, act of unrighteousness

So those Christ shed His Blood for God has promised to be merciful unto their unrighteousness, which covers their disobedience and unbelief, rebellion, wrong doing.

Theyre the Vessels of Mercy that God shut up into unbelief/disobedience in order to have mercy upon them according to the New Covenant in Christ's Blood Rom 11:32

32 For God hath concluded them all in unbelief, that he might have mercy upon all.

God cannot and willl not impute unbelief against them Christ died for, for that would contradict His Promise of Mercy unto them. So those who are condemned already because they believe not on Christ Jn 3:18, cant be anybody Christ died for, because if so, God must be merciful unto their unbelief for Christ's sake !
The mercy and grace of GOD is towards all.

Nanja

beloved57

Amen! God's Vessels of Mercy were in Eternity already reconciled to God while being enemies and unbelievers Rom. 5:10 by Christ's Blood Rom. 5:9; no sin was imputed to them but to Christ instead Heb. 7:22: Rev. 13:8; Is. 53:6.

However the vessels of God's Wrath were condemned already, not because of any action or condition they failed to meet or perform, but simply because they were never reconciled to God by Christ's Blood, He did not abolish death for them.

Hence they had no part of the Many, Christ's Church Eph. 5:25, who have remission of sins Mat. 26:28 !

Nanja

The points made in the OP speak of God's MERCY exclusively toward His Vessels of Mercy Rom. 9:23, whom He shut up in unbelief / disobedience for His purpose to show them mercy unto their unrighteousness, not condemnation.

Rom. 11:32
For God hath concluded them all in unbelief, that he might have mercy upon all [Vessels of Mercy].

Now Paul here, a Vessel of Mercy, is an example of how God is Merciful to His Elects' unrighteousness including unbelief:

1 Tim. 1:12-13

12 And I thank Christ Jesus our Lord, who hath enabled me, for that he counted me faithful, putting me into the ministry;

13 Who was before a blasphemer, and a persecutor, and injurious: but I obtained mercy, because I did it ignorantly in unbelief.

Now in contrast, the Vessels of Wrath Rom. 9:22 were condemned already for their unbelief / disobedience.

John 3:18

18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

NO MERCY!

beloved57

nanja

Now Paul here, a Vessel of Mercy, is an example of how God is Merciful to His Elects' unrighteousness including unbelief:

1 Tim. 1:12-13

12 And I thank Christ Jesus our Lord, who hath enabled me, for that he counted me faithful, putting me into the ministry;

13 Who was before a blasphemer, and a persecutor, and injurious: but I obtained mercy, because I did it ignorantly in unbelief.

Absolutely correct Nanja, because Paul was covered by the Blood of the New Covenant shed for many, God in accordance to His Promise of the New Covenant Heb 8:12-13

[FONT=&quot]12 For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins and their iniquities will I remember no more.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]13 In that he saith, A new covenant, he hath made the first old. Now that which decayeth and waxeth old is ready to vanish away.

God had mercy upon Paul for his unbelief and blaspheme, and all his unrighteousness he has as a sinner.

And so God will have mercy upon all sinners and unbelievers in and for their unrighteousness, if Christ died for them ![/FONT]

beloved57

Nanja

Now in contrast, the Vessels of Wrath Rom. 9:22 were condemned already for their unbelief / disobedience.

John 3:18

18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

NO MERCY!

Absolutely, because the Blood of the New Covenant wasnt shed for them !

beloved57

For instance, because God has promised has to be merciful upon their unrighteousness, those Christ died for, then He would be unjust and unfaithful to damn / condemn any Christ died for for this 2 Thess 2:12

That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness

Those Christ died for cannot be damn for obeying not the truth and have pleasure in unrighteousness ! So 2 Thess 2:12 cant apply to anyone Christ died for, mainly the Elect !

Nanja

For instance, because God has promised has to be merciful upon their unrighteousness, those Christ died for, then He would be unjust and unfaithful to damn / condemn any Christ died for for this 2 Thess 2:12

That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness

Those Christ died for cannot be damn for obeying not the truth and have pleasure in unrighteousness ! So 2 Thess 2:12 cant apply to anyone Christ died for, mainly the Elect !

True, because all the Elect, God's Vessels of Mercy, are totally exempt from any condemnation for all their unrighteousness including unbelief.

But all the non elect shall be finally damned into perpetual unbelief, so they can't possibly be any Christ died for, namely His Sheep.

John 10:26
But ye believe not, because ye are not of my sheep, as I said unto you.

popsthebuilder

Ok lets begin discussing them. What are the points I made with scripture, please review them back to me !
Hebrews: 8. 10. For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people: 11. And they shall not teach every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for all shall know me, from the least to the greatest. 12. For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins and their iniquities will I remember no more.

Hebrews: 9. 9. Which was a figure for the time then present, in which were offered both gifts and sacrifices, that could not make him that did the service perfect, as pertaining to the conscience; 10. Which stood only in meats and drinks, and divers washings, and carnal ordinances, imposed on them until the time of reformation. 11. But Christ being come an high priest of good things to come, by a greater and more perfect tabernacle, not made with hands, that is to say, not of this building; 12. Neither by the blood of goats and calves, but by his own blood he entered in once into the holy place, having obtained eternal redemption for us. 13. For if the blood of bulls and of goats, and the ashes of an heifer sprinkling the unclean, sanctifieth to the purifying of the flesh: 14. How much more shall the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered himself without spot to God, purge your conscience from dead works to serve the living God? 15. And for this cause he is the mediator of the new testament, that by means of death, for the redemption of the transgressions that were under the first testament, they which are called might receive the promise of eternal inheritance. 16. For where a testament is, there must also of necessity be the death of the testator. 17. For a testament is of force after men are dead: otherwise it is of no strength at all while the testator liveth. 18. Whereupon neither the first testament was dedicated without blood. 23. It was therefore necessary that the patterns of things in the heavens should be purified with these; but the heavenly things themselves with better sacrifices than these. 24. For Christ is not entered into the holy places made with hands, which are the figures of the true; but into heaven itself, now to appear in the presence of God for us: 25. Nor yet that he should offer himself often, as the high priest entereth into the holy place every year with blood of others; 26. For then must he often have suffered since the foundation of the world: but now once in the end of the world hath he appeared to put away sin by the sacrifice of himself. 27. And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment: 28. So Christ was once offered to bear the sins of many; and unto them that look for him shall he appear the second time without sin unto salvation.

(I went over the verses you submitted. They show that Jesus sacrificed himself for the sake of many. That the blood of the Christ is sustenance to the believer, and that it purifies the believer.

beloved57

Hebrews: 8. 10. For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people: 11. And they shall not teach every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for all shall know me, from the least to the greatest. 12. For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins and their iniquities will I remember no more.

Hebrews: 9. 9. Which was a figure for the time then present, in which were offered both gifts and sacrifices, that could not make him that did the service perfect, as pertaining to the conscience; 10. Which stood only in meats and drinks, and divers washings, and carnal ordinances, imposed on them until the time of reformation. 11. But Christ being come an high priest of good things to come, by a greater and more perfect tabernacle, not made with hands, that is to say, not of this building; 12. Neither by the blood of goats and calves, but by his own blood he entered in once into the holy place, having obtained eternal redemption for us. 13. For if the blood of bulls and of goats, and the ashes of an heifer sprinkling the unclean, sanctifieth to the purifying of the flesh: 14. How much more shall the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered himself without spot to God, purge your conscience from dead works to serve the living God? 15. And for this cause he is the mediator of the new testament, that by means of death, for the redemption of the transgressions that were under the first testament, they which are called might receive the promise of eternal inheritance. 16. For where a testament is, there must also of necessity be the death of the testator. 17. For a testament is of force after men are dead: otherwise it is of no strength at all while the testator liveth. 18. Whereupon neither the first testament was dedicated without blood. 23. It was therefore necessary that the patterns of things in the heavens should be purified with these; but the heavenly things themselves with better sacrifices than these. 24. For Christ is not entered into the holy places made with hands, which are the figures of the true; but into heaven itself, now to appear in the presence of God for us: 25. Nor yet that he should offer himself often, as the high priest entereth into the holy place every year with blood of others; 26. For then must he often have suffered since the foundation of the world: but now once in the end of the world hath he appeared to put away sin by the sacrifice of himself. 27. And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment: 28. So Christ was once offered to bear the sins of many; and unto them that look for him shall he appear the second time without sin unto salvation.

(I went over the verses you submitted. They show that Jesus sacrificed himself for the sake of many. That the blood of the Christ is sustenance to the believer, and that it purifies the believer.

You started a rabbit trail. I asked you to discuss the points I made, now you are evading them again !

popsthebuilder

You started a rabbit trail. I asked you to discuss the points I made, now you are evading them again !
Evidently I missed whatever point you thought you had made.

Perhaps you could list your points again and I will again read the scripture within context to see if your points can easily be deduced.

popsthebuilder

Me asking you to further elaborate on your point that I didn't notice is evasion?

Next time you post a topic; perhaps you could actually look to discuss it with others that may not agree with you as a fail-safe or go to response. I was genuinely interested in the topic even though someone put "NO MERCY" in it, as if that is truth at all.

Anyway; waste of time.

peace