Man's Nature vs Man's condition"?

exminister

God has blessed humanity with the amazing gift of imagination. Yet all we seem to want to do with it is imagine ourselves as gods. Always pretending that we know how everyone SHOULD be living, and always presuming that we know how the world SHOULD be treated, and how it SHOULD treat us. Always imagining that what we believe is the truth MUST be the truth … or else we'll fight every one, and destroy every thing that dares to contradicts us.

Serenity Prayer said:
God grant me the serenity
To accept the things I cannot change;
Courage to change the things I can;
And wisdom to know the difference.

Living one day at a time;
Enjoying one moment at a time;
Accepting hardships as the pathway to peace;
Taking, as He did, this sinful world
As it is, not as I would have it;

Trusting that He will make all things right
If I surrender to His Will;
So that I may be reasonably happy in this life
And supremely happy with Him
Forever and ever in the next.
Amen.

bybee

Jesus as a human is incompletely genetically. related to Adam .
Adam was avid but not Jesus . Satan come to us through avidity God does not give us. free will but avidity and ability to contact with satan

I see it differently. I believe we do have God granted freewill.

In the Garden of Eden story, neither Adam nor Eve sought out Satan. Satan sought out Eve. We have the freedom to be tempted. Adam and Eve clearly demonstrated their inability, on their own, to resist temptation. Hence the need for an Intercessor.
We try to train our children in the way that is moral. Whilst they are under our supervision they do well. But, unless, the lessons we teach them are internalized, they will not do so well once on their own. And we love them no matter what!

dialm

BANNED
Banned
I see it differently. I believe we do have God granted freewill.

In the Garden of Eden story, neither Adam nor Eve sought out Satan. Satan sought out Eve. We have the freedom to be tempted. Adam and Eve clearly demonstrated their inability, on their own, to resist temptation. Hence the need for an Intercessor.
We try to train our children in the way that is moral. Whilst they are under our supervision they do well. But, unless, the lessons we teach them are internalized, they will not do so well once on their own. And we love them no matter what!

Satan wasn't stupid. He knew Eve couldn't get a story straight. Kinda like what you do.

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
"Behold I grant unto you freewill"

...not found, neither in the bible nor in life as we know it...it is a strong delusion.

bybee

"Behold I grant unto you freewill"

...not found, neither in the bible nor in life as we know it...it is a strong delusion.

Certainly the way in which God created the earth limitations are built in. But He did give man dominion over the earth and that requires decision making.

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
Certainly the way in which God created the earth limitations are built in. But He did give man dominion over the earth and that requires decision making.

The earth, Adam's flesh, limited his spirit.

Coupled with the commandment, his faith was proven to be dead.

Whatsoever is not of faith is sin.

The only dominion Adam had over his earth was merely the ability to move his members.

The dominion you refer to begins with the new creation in Christ Jesus, the last Adam.

God has declared the end from the beginning.:)

RBBI

Adam was not deceived, his wife was. HaSatan raped and essentially murdered Eve and in so doing murdered her husband also because they were one flesh. HaSatan was a murderer FROM THE BEGINNING. Rape is to impose your will upon another's regardless of the tactics, in this case, Eve's.

We see the same spirit at work in Peter, when he tried to impose his will on Yeshua, by trying to influence Him not to go to the cross, which had He agreed to it, would have resulted in His death but not His resurrection (because of sin).

It was also at work in David, who imposed his will on Bathsheba and killed her husband. And because the servant is not greater than the master, it works to try to impose it's will on all of us to disobey the SPIRIT (not just the letter), so that spiritual death will follow.

The adversary goes about like a lion (king imposing will) seeing whom it might devour (consumed by death). Death is not just the physical cessation of the body, but a choice of covenant and a state of being from that covenant, while still in the body. Peace

bybee

Adam was not deceived, his wife was. HaSatan raped and essentially murdered Eve and in so doing murdered her husband also because they were one flesh. HaSatan was a murderer FROM THE BEGINNING. Rape is to impose your will upon another's regardless of the tactics, in this case, Eve's.

We see the same spirit at work in Peter, when he tried to impose his will on Yeshua, by trying to influence Him not to go to the cross, which had He agreed to it, would have resulted in His death but not His resurrection (because of sin).

It was also at work in David, who imposed his will on Bathsheba and killed her husband. And because the servant is not greater than the master, it works to try to impose it's will on all of us to disobey the SPIRIT (not just the letter), so that spiritual death will follow.

The adversary goes about like a lion (king imposing will) seeing whom it might devour (consumed by death). Death is not just the physical cessation of the body, but a choice of covenant and a state of being from that covenant, while still in the body. Peace

Thank you for your response.

csuguy

the part i get stuck at is God leaving Eve alone with satan

If God were always stepping in and removing desire and hardship from us so that we never risked sinning, then our freewill and sinlessness would be meaningless, as would our love. Only when confronted with hard decisions and choosing, of one's own volition, to do the right thing despite the consequences is one's true character determined. Love is easy if nothing is required of you - but hard when it requires everything. This is why Job was tested as he was - he had to have everything taken from him for his true character and righteousness to be revealed and confirm that he wasn't merely acting righteous because he had been blessed with such prosperity.

bybee

If God were always stepping in and removing desire and hardship from us so that we never risked sinning, then our freewill and sinlessness would be meaningless, as would our love. Only when confronted with hard decisions and choosing, of one's own volition, to do the right thing despite the consequences is one's true character determined. Love is easy if nothing is required of you - but hard when it requires everything. This is why Job was tested as he was - he had to have everything taken from him for his true character and righteousness to be revealed and confirm that he wasn't merely acting righteous because he had been blessed with such prosperity.

Good post. Thanks

keypurr

Interesting