Male Student Sues School District After Girl Allowed to Undress in Boys’ Locker Room

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Male Student Sues School District After Girl Allowed to Undress in Boys’ Locker Room

READING, Penn. — A male student at a Pennsylvania high school and his parents have filed suit against their school district after a female student was allowed to undress in the boys’ locker room because she identifies as a boy.

The student, whose name has not been disclosed, attends Boyertown High School, approximately a half an hour outside of Reading.

According to the lawsuit, and an online video released by Alliance Defending Freedom (ADF)-affiliated attorney Randall Wenger, last October, as the student was changing in the boys’ locker room for gym class, he noticed a girl standing just feet away from him also in a state of partial undress.

“While he was partially undressed, he looked behind him and noticed a girl standing there wearing nothing above her waist other than a bra,” Wenger explained.

Immediately concerned about the situation—as he was standing in nothing but his underwear, the teen hurriedly put his clothes on and left.

“He was naturally upset, so he went after class with a group of friends to go see the [assistant] principal to find out what was going on,” Wenger outlined. “And the [assistant] principal told him, ‘I’ve got no other options for you. I’m going to ask you to tolerate this and make it as natural as you possibly can.'”

The boy’s parents then sought themselves to meet with the assistant principal, Wayne Foley, but were allegedly advised that “the school district is ‘all-inclusive’ and that if [the boy] had a problem changing or using restrooms with people of the opposite sex, he would get him permission to go to the nurse’s office to change.

Unsatisfied with Foley’s answer, the teen’s parents then met with Principal Brett Cooper, but he reiterated that the boy could use the nurse’s office if he was uncomfortable changing his clothes in front of the girl.

The lawsuit states that officials then contacted the Berks Career and Technology School (BCTS), where the boy receives half-day vocational training, to advise about the incident. The principal of BCTS then pulled the student aside, stating that “he wanted to make sure none of that negativity was going to happen at his school.”

The teen’s parents soon met with district Superintendent Richard Faidley, but he too held his ground, stating that if the boy did not want to change in the presence of the girl, and if he did not wish to use the nurse’s office, his parents could take him out of school and homeschool him.

So far, the boy has decided not to change into gym clothes at all to avoid the situation, but has been given poor grades for PE class for remaining in his street clothes.

“Plaintiff has experienced embarrassment and humiliation, both in terms of being viewed and viewing a student of the opposite sex in a state of undress and because of the stigmatization and criticism he received from other students and adults, fueled by the administration’s policy and actions,” the lawsuit reads. “Plaintiff is suffering and will continue to suffer irreparable harm because of the Defendants’ actions.”

It notes that Pennsylvania law requires male and female facilities to be separate, and asserts that the district is violating that requirement, as well as the male student’s right to bodily privacy.

“[Plaintiff] has a fundamental right to bodily privacy that, at a minimum, includes protection from intimate exposure of his body and intimate activities to a person of the opposite sex. It also includes the corollary protection from intimate exposure to a female’s body or intimate activities,” the legal challenge outlines.

The student is seeking an injunction against the district’s policies, which allow for girls who identify as boys to undress in male facilities.

“No school should rob any student of his legally protected personal privacy,” Wenger said in a statement. “We trust that our children won’t be forced into emotionally vulnerable situations like this when they are in the care of our schools because it’s a school’s duty to protect and respect the bodily privacy and dignity of all students. In this case, school officials are clearly ignoring that duty.”

And again, liberals are insane. This is getting disgusting.

Liberal: Please explain why other students should have to go elsewhere to change and be uncomfortable in their skin, so one pervert isnt uncomfortable in theirs?

MrDante

Liberal: Please explain why other students should have to go elsewhere to change and be uncomfortable in their skin, so one pervert isnt uncomfortable in theirs?

Why should the transgender student have to go elsewhere to change?

MrDante

red herring

in fact, the transgender student shouldn't go anywhere to change

the transgender student should be locked up in a mental facility getting shock therapy

Dare i guess that you would want that filmed for your late night viewing pleasure?

jman

I think like a liberal, I don't call myself a liberal cause that just burns bridges. What I will say tho is that they are wrong on this one. No woman, man or child should be put in an uncomfortable situation by authority. I don't care if it's a job, school or church. Especially with how touchy of a situation the whole transgender thing is, AND in a school? Really? I don't care what that female calls herself. Females and males have their own locker rooms for a reason & it's not just cause they THINK they're a boy or girl!

Sent from my SM-G935T using TOL mobile app

jman

Another thing that makes me angry, why was the uncomfortable boy the one that should change in the nurses office? If the transgender student feels uncomfortable, then SHE gets sent to the nurses office. Why make it a problem for everyone when it's the transgender's proble?

quip

BANNED
Banned

More important question: Why must the trans student not dress in the boy's locker room because of one uptight boy with delecate sensibilities... feels uncomfortabe?

quip

BANNED
Banned
Another thing that makes me angry, why was the uncomfortable boy the one that should change in the nurses office? If the transgender student feels uncomfortable, then SHE gets sent to the nurses office. Why make it a problem for everyone when it's the transgender's proble?

Read it again.

jman

More important question: Why must the trans student not dress in the boy's locker room because of one uptight boy with delecate sensibilities... feels uncomfortabe?
It doesn't matter if it's 1 boy or 10. If someone feels uncomfortable especially at a school, it should be addressed.
I think like a liberal, I don't call myself a liberal cause that just burns bridges. What I will say tho is that they are wrong on this one. No woman, man or child should be put in an uncomfortable situation by authority. I don't care if it's a job, school or church. Especially with how touchy of a situation the whole transgender thing is, AND in a school? Really? I don't care what that female calls herself. Females and males have their own locker rooms for a reason & it's not just cause they THINK they're a boy or girl!

quip

BANNED
Banned
It doesn't matter if it's 1 boy or 10. If someone feels uncomfortable especially at a school, it should be addressed.

Then that should be the rule for 1 or 10 transgender individuals...yes?

Unless your asserting a bias in that its a near effortless task at finding 10 heteros per school... as being more germane to the issue.

jman

Read it again.
I did read it again and I feel the same. The transgender should change in the nurses office end of story......or if transgender people don't care, give them their own bathroom where boy/girl or girl/boy can change without bothering people that do care. I think that's a good idea, 3 locker rooms in every school, especially in times like these. That would make everyone happy. Sher, I'm really not sticking up for anyone cause I really don't see sides here. It's either make the boy feel uncomfortable or make a "girl", who's in the minority, dress with other girls. Make everyone happy and have HER dress in the nurses office. I'm sure she wouldn't mind, she is in the minority ya know, unless she's doing it to look at other boys (which I doubt but maybe). I'm sorry but as much as she "feels" uncomfortable dressing with other girls, well, there's a young boy that feels uncomfortable dressing with girls. Like I said, we solved this problem a long time ago, boys and girls locker rooms are not gender specific for no reason, just cause a girl "thinks" she's a boy doesn't give her the right if even 1 person is offended.
Read it again.

jman

Then that should be the rule for 1 or 10 transgender individuals...yes?

Unless your asserting a bias in that its a near effortless task at finding 10 heteros per school... as being more germane to the issue.
Yes! It doesn't matter HOW many transgender or anyone. Since its just 1 or 2 transgender, the nurses office will do. If it was 10 or 30 transgender, give them their own locker room. No one should feel uncomfortable, ESPECIALLY at school.

quip

BANNED
Banned
Yes! It doesn't matter HOW many transgender or anyone. Since its just 1 or 2 transgender, the nurses office will do. If it was 10 or 30 transgender, give them their own locker room. No one should feel uncomfortable, ESPECIALLY at school.

Separate but equal is not equal.