ECT MADists don't follow Paul

Right Divider

Body part
You deliberately misunderstand me. This discussion is pointless. You have no desire to discuss or engage, only ridicule because you do not want your English-only presupposition to crumble.
How could you POSSIBLY "know" if I was deliberately misunderstanding you? The ONLY way that you could possibly KNOW that is if I told you that (unless you're God among us).

Secondly, I do NOT have an ENGLISH-ONLY presupposition. That you would say this shows that you might be deliberately misunderstanding me.

The NT was not in Hebrew because it was not in popular use. Quite simple. And no, it is not impossible. I'd rather have what I can access then claim that it's impossible and give up.
So I guess that you're now agreeing that these languages were NOT chosen for scripture because the were superior, but that they were popular at the time. Thanks for confirming that.

And my analysis of Greek is not a derogatory statement of English. I said that English is quite a powerful language for expression, but it has not yet been used for it in Biblical translation.

You clearly have no idea how the KJV and other English Bibles were produced.

If you did, you would know that the KJV would not have happened without Erasmus' New Testament. Erasmus is history's premier Greek scholar, and he (and other contemporaries) said that knowledge of Hebrew, Greek, and Latin was required for the exegete. (Not the layman, but scholars and priests.) We would not have the KJV or any other English translation without him scrupulously examining the NT Greek text and the Vulgate, to bring forth a clean codex.
What?

I am fully aware of how they were "produced". There were experts in the original language AND the target language. Then they translated it.

Saying you only need the English is like saying that you like steak, but have no need for cows or butchers.
Once again YOUR misunderstanding is showing. I do NOT need the Greek NOW that it has been translated to English. It is your continued claim that the Greek cannot be accurately translated into English.

Could you ever consider that "snobs" and "academics" are not references education and learning as a demonstration of arrogance, but rather as an appeal to the authority of those that have come before them? Theologians, linguists, and the like? Maybe we're not all arrogant jerks, maybe we just want to feed the body.
The snob issue has to do with people like you and PPS that think that you're smarter than the highly educated people that translated the KJV. And I do not consider myself a KJV-Only believer, though I lean more and more that way all the time, especially when I encounter people like you.

I am not discussing this further with you. My response is for the benefit of others, not for further conversation.
Well that's just fine with me. But I still have the right to respond here.

john w

Hall of Fame
Do you not see that everything you say about the Greek text denies the foundation of your precious KJV? Or whichever translation you use. It is a higher-critical view that denies that authority of scripture. It is like saying "I like steak, but we have no need for cows." It only proves your ignorance of how the text was maintained, collated, distributed, and translated.

It contradicts your need for proof-texting. Proof-texting is irrelevant if you do not respect the text.

You Bible-only folks will not own up to your own presuppositions when reading the text. You enter scripture with a grid already in place, and that is what you see. So it doesn't matter what language - you only see what you want to see, and pull together verses for that purpose. Congratulations. The Talmudists do that too, twisting scripture since before Christ even walked the earth. Fun crowd.

Did our hero address his own "argument?" Nope. Just, "well, you see, uh, urr,........" with no scripture-NADA. Zip.

Chapter, verse, for this satanic "original manuscripts only-ism."

Scripture always refers to copies. Of course, the fact that that the doctrine of the preservation of the scriptures, would be quite superfluous, and the LORD God would be a moron, if "original manuscripts only-ism" were true, does not even enter the mind of bible agnostics/correctors/mystics.

Tell us, Al-how would you know if you had these "original manuscripts," even if they were allegedly dropped in your lap?

Straight jacket time...brain spill, aisle 2....

"the Greek text"-Al

Identify this "the Greek text." Does it have a name?

"that denies that authority of scripture... The Talmudists do that too, twisting scripture "-Al

Catch that, TOL? He refers to this desert mirage, mystical, "scripture," w/o idenitifying it.

Identify this "is(not was) given by inspiration" scripture, that the LORD God promised to preserve, that is "true from the begining," sure, true, sound, pure, right......Does it have a name? Were can we get a copy? I picked up a copy of this scripture, at Walmart, for $4.99.

"It is like saying "I like steak, but we have no need for cows."-Al

You:Grass does not exist, but prove to me that it is green.

Only a moron, fool, what attempt to engage in such folly.

Made up. I have in my hands, the "is(not was) given by inspiration" scripture, that the LORD God promised to preserve, that is "true from the begining," sure, true, sound, pure, right, that I can hold in my hands, and press to my heart, and believe(not correct) every word.

You apparently do not, as the overpowering elements of the wind, rain, sun, heat, cold....overcame the LORD God, and He lost His masterpiece, according to you.

"Or whichever translation you use."-Al

I believe every word of the scripture, which I have identified as the KJB, for English speaking people.

In contrast, you "use" a mystical "scripture," much like a car manual, or "Domino's" menu, not believing every word of it, correcting it, if it does not agree with your presupposed "doctrine."

Contrasts.

What a brilliant post, by the humble saint John W., as usual.

Danoh

You overpaid, JohnW - KJV's are only $1 at Dollar Tree - and the Gideons; the Salvation Army; the Mormons; and even some Muslim organizations will give one a free copy :chuckle:

john w

Hall of Fame
Why am I not surprised to find out that Little Johnny W shops at Walmart?

:rotfl:

Good one, sweetie. Why am I not surprised that greasy, wimpy, Tellalie, who is unemployed, sponging of that "bigger than his arms" ex-wife of his, would comment on my net worth, which is perhaps 5x his? Jealous, are you, eh greasy one, that I pay more in taxes, than you make? Wait..... You don't make any money, do you, slimy, grimy, effeminate Craigie? 5 X "$0"=infinity.

Well, Craigie, good news!!!!:At least you do not have to file a return, and have no risk of an IRS audit. And unemployment benefits, as I recall, are not taxable, slummer/sponge/free loader.

And, yes, sweetie, as bibles are generally not available at the places where I shop for clothes, sweetie, like Neiman Marcus/"Needless MarkUp"-my mom is retired,from there, and I receive 30% off. I understand that is still significantly higher than the places where you shop for clothes, such as K-Mart, "The Gap," and "Gays R Us."

Poor effeminate looking Craigie.....Lift some weights, punk-maybe you will some day have arms as big as your wife's, and a chin like hers.

Hurry, Craigie!!! Today is the last day that you can make a Roth/Traditional IRA contribution!!!! Wait....One of the eligibility requirements of Roth/Traditional IRA's is earned income/salary/w-2 wages. That would exclude you. Google it, greasy one. Wait!!!!!A SEP for small businesses, just might be the answer, as their deadlines might be different than 4/18/16!!!! Wait, that won't work....Your "business" "went belly up," filed Chapter 11, years ago.

Slimy, grimy, greasy Pig Pen Tellalie....Poor Craigie.

Get a job, loser-infidel.

Are these terms too complicated for you, sweetie?

Last edited:

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Good one, sweetie.

"Walmart, for the first time in its annual reports, acknowledges that taxpayer-funded social assistance programs are a significant factor in its revenue and profits. This makes sense, considering that Walmart caters to low-income consumers." - Forbes

Little Johnny W, the Walmart consumer.

john w

Hall of Fame
Because you are too busy being surprised at the concept of a man paying for things with his own money :chuckle:

Yes, D-the punk is unemployed, and sits at home, all day, eating fruitcake, and "Little Debbie's," plotting on how he can get even with those meanie dispies, who hurt his feleings years ago, causing him to lose his job/"business," as he spends most of his loser waking hours on TOL, satisfying his obsession, drawing unemployment checks.

john w

Hall of Fame
"Walmart, for the first time in its annual reports, acknowledges that taxpayer-funded social assistance programs are a significant factor in its revenue and profits. This makes sense, considering that Walmart caters to low-income consumers." - Forbes

Greasy, effeminate, wimpy looking twit Craigie-the "Gay R Us" consumer:

www.rainbowdepot.com/
Welcome to RainbowDepot.com - the largest online gay shop! ...

So there.

"Walmart caters to low-income consumers."

Well, Craigie that would exclude you-you don't meet "low income," as you have none.

Right Divider

Body part

It looks like you use the same crappy logic here as you do when you "interpret" the scripture.

Just because they CATER to low-income consumers does NOT mean that others cannot find value there.

john w

Hall of Fame
It looks like you use the same crappy logic here as you do when you "interpret" the scripture.

Just because they CATER to low-income consumers does NOT mean that others cannot find value there.

And the greasy punk, being obsessed with us meanie dispies, and me(he has a man crush on me-I refused his "come on," that he set to me, in a PM,telling him I dig chicks)missed the point of me pointing out the Walmart example, i.e., not many have, nor can they identify, the scripture-anyone can pick it up at Walmart.

He is a deceiving, troubled, obsessed punk-even he knows it.

john w

Hall of Fame
It was a joke.

However, I do find it cute that Little Johnny W's mommy still buys his clothes for him.

"Cute," you quip, greasy, gay Craigie? Slower: I dig chicks-not interested in you, soddy, as I've told you for years.

Mom buys clothes for me, you giggle, eh effeminate one? Well, being unemployed, like you are, sweetie, guess who buys your wimpy clothes, and Bunny Shirt, for you, twit? Your ex-wife, or all of us-our taxes pay for your unemployment checks, loafer.

Last edited: