ECT MADists don't follow Paul

Right Divider

Body part
(Joshua 5:5) All the people that came out had been circumcised, but all the people born in the wilderness during the journey from Egypt had not.

Why weren't any of the males circumcised for 40 years?

The law of Moses said that unless a male was circumcised, he couldn't partake of the Passover:

(Exodus 12:48) ......But no uncircumcised male may ever eat the Passover meal.

For 40 years, why was the law in place for some Israelite men, but not for other Israelite men?
Tet... may I take just a moment to tell you that you are the biggest liar on TOL and a complete idiot? You are.

So let me get this straight... you think that the DISOBEDIENCE of the Israelite in the wilderness means that the law was not in effect?

You are a lying cherry-picker and Bible word searcher that has no clue what you actually find.

Read that passage IN context.
Jos 5:2-6 KJV At that time the LORD said unto Joshua, Make thee sharp knives, and circumcise again the children of Israel the second time. (3) And Joshua made him sharp knives, and circumcised the children of Israel at the hill of the foreskins. (4) And this is the cause why Joshua did circumcise: All the people that came out of Egypt, that were males, even all the men of war, died in the wilderness by the way, after they came out of Egypt. (5) Now all the people that came out were circumcised: but all the people that were born in the wilderness by the way as they came forth out of Egypt, them they had not circumcised. (6) For the children of Israel walked forty years in the wilderness, till all the people that were men of war, which came out of Egypt, were consumed, because they obeyed not the voice of the LORD: unto whom the LORD sware that he would not shew them the land, which the LORD sware unto their fathers that he would give us, a land that floweth with milk and honey.
Answer to you question: BECAUSE THEY WERE DISOBEDIENT!

Interplanner

Tet... may I take just a moment to tell you that you are the biggest liar on TOL and a complete idiot? You are.

So let me get this straight... you think that the DISOBEDIENCE of the Israelite in the wilderness means that the law was not in effect?

You are a lying cherry-picker and Bible word searcher that has no clue what you actually find.

Read that passage IN context.
Jos 5:2-6 KJV At that time the LORD said unto Joshua, Make thee sharp knives, and circumcise again the children of Israel the second time. (3) And Joshua made him sharp knives, and circumcised the children of Israel at the hill of the foreskins. (4) And this is the cause why Joshua did circumcise: All the people that came out of Egypt, that were males, even all the men of war, died in the wilderness by the way, after they came out of Egypt. (5) Now all the people that came out were circumcised: but all the people that were born in the wilderness by the way as they came forth out of Egypt, them they had not circumcised. (6) For the children of Israel walked forty years in the wilderness, till all the people that were men of war, which came out of Egypt, were consumed, because they obeyed not the voice of the LORD: unto whom the LORD sware that he would not shew them the land, which the LORD sware unto their fathers that he would give us, a land that floweth with milk and honey.
Answer to you question: BECAUSE THEY WERE DISOBEDIENT!

Hold on there. The disobedience was cited as disbelief that God would defeat the giant enemies. Then it was building a golden idol and claiming that had brought them out of Egypt. Then there was immorality. Then other things.

I sounds like you are saying the failure to get circumcised was the disobedience.

Right Divider

Body part
Hold on there. The disobedience was cited as disbelief that God would defeat the giant enemies. Then it was building a golden idol and claiming that had brought them out of Egypt. Then there was immorality. Then other things.

I sounds like you are saying the failure to get circumcised was the disobedience.
Tet as trying to show that lack of circumcision was because they (or some) were NOT under the law during that 40 years in the wilderness.

I was showing that this was NOT the case, but that they were disobedient and NOT keeping the law that they should have.

Tet always quotes ONE verse OUT OF CONTEXT in order to deceive people.

Here is his original deception where he was CLEARLY trying to use LACK OF CIRCUMCISION to show that they were NOT UNDER THE LAW:
(Joshua 5:5) All the people that came out had been circumcised, but all the people born in the wilderness during the journey from Egypt had not.

Why weren't any of the males circumcised for 40 years?

The law of Moses said that unless a male was circumcised, he couldn't partake of the Passover:

(Exodus 12:48) ......But no uncircumcised male may ever eat the Passover meal.

For 40 years, why was the law in place for some Israelite men, but not for other Israelite men?
So I showed that the reason that they were not circumcised was because they were DISOBEDIENT to the LORD's commands.
Jos 5:5-8 KJV Now all the people that came out were circumcised: but all the people that were born in the wilderness by the way as they came forth out of Egypt, them they had not circumcised. (6) For the children of Israel walked forty years in the wilderness, till all the people that were men of war, which came out of Egypt, were consumed, because they obeyed not the voice of the LORD: unto whom the LORD sware that he would not shew them the land, which the LORD sware unto their fathers that he would give us, a land that floweth with milk and honey. (7) And their children, whom he raised up in their stead, them Joshua circumcised: for they were uncircumcised, because they had not circumcised them by the way. (8) And it came to pass, when they had done circumcising all the people, that they abode in their places in the camp, till they were whole.
So Joshua corrected the problem by having then all circumcised. He did this also at the command of the LORD.
Jos 5:2-4 KJV At that time the LORD said unto Joshua, Make thee sharp knives, and circumcise again the children of Israel the second time. (3) And Joshua made him sharp knives, and circumcised the children of Israel at the hill of the foreskins. (4) And this is the cause why Joshua did circumcise: All the people that came out of Egypt, that were males, even all the men of war, died in the wilderness by the way, after they came out of Egypt.
So pay attention to the CONTEXT of the posts and you'll understand WHY I say what I do.

Cross Reference

Tet as trying to show that lack of circumcision was because they (or some) were NOT under the law during that 40 years in the wilderness.

I was showing that this was NOT the case, but that they were disobedient and NOT keeping the law that they should have.

The only law was circumcision. Other than that they had God over them Who was their law and then later by Moses who represented God in handing down His commands..

Right Divider

Body part
The only law was circumcision. Other than that they had God over them Who was their law and then later by Moses who represented God in handing down His commands..
Wow, you're living on some other planet than the rest of us.

We are quoting from Joshua.
Jos 1:1-2 KJV Now after the death of Moses the servant of the LORD it came to pass, that the LORD spake unto Joshua the son of Nun, Moses' minister, saying, (2) Moses my servant is dead; now therefore arise, go over this Jordan, thou, and all this people, unto the land which I do give to them, even to the children of Israel.

Cross Reference

Wow, you're living on some other planet than the rest of us.

We are quoting from Joshua.
Jos 1:1-2 KJV Now after the death of Moses the servant of the LORD it came to pass, that the LORD spake unto Joshua the son of Nun, Moses' minister, saying, (2) Moses my servant is dead; now therefore arise, go over this Jordan, thou, and all this people, unto the land which I do give to them, even to the children of Israel.

I beg your pardon. I stand corrected. My Bad.

bsmitts

Satan and the world have built walls up around the true Gospel for years
now. So that it's harder to find. The Holy Spirit is still able to get through
these walls in order to reveal the truth. However, many people have
been brainwashed by false doctrine and hardened their hearts. The true
Gospel is with us, if we're open to truth and the leading of the Holy Spirit.

Satan can do nothing God will not allow! Job 1:12 Therefore, you are not only in unbelief of God's righteousness. You are also in unbelief of God's word, proclaiming that God has denied himself by allowing his word to become corrupted by men! 2 Timothy 3:16; 2 Corinthians 4:3

Interplanner

Sorry but I know of no incident in Moses where lack of circumcision was the reason for the denial of entry or of success or cause for an inflicted wrath on Israel. I'm not even sure this Joshua passage is claiming that reason for lack of entry. He does finish the task, but I don't see where it says that was the reason why they could not enter.

Check Hebrews. It is not lack of circumcision that prevents the entry. They were denied because of their disbelief.

Check Stephen in Acts 7. It is for being uncircumcised of heart.

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
Sorry but I know of no incident in Moses where lack of circumcision was the reason for the denial of entry or of success or cause for an inflicted wrath on Israel. I'm not even sure this Joshua passage is claiming that reason for lack of entry. He does finish the task, but I don't see where it says that was the reason why they could not enter.

Check Hebrews. It is not lack of circumcision that prevents the entry. They were denied because of their disbelief.

Check Stephen in Acts 7. It is for being uncircumcised of heart.

That's right.

Joshua circumcising them represents believing in Christ which circumcises the heart.:think:

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

Every male born for 40 years could not keep the law because they were not circumcised.

These males were not circumcised until they crossed the Jordan and entered the Promised Land. Technically, there were men 39 years old who were circumcised (ouch!!!) after crossing into the Promised Land.

On the other hand, with the exception of Caleb and Joshua, not one male who was circumcised before the Exodus, was allowed to enter the Promised Land, including Moses and Aaron.

Moses even looked across the Jordan River, and saw the Promised Land, but did not cross the river.

Yet, the Israelites who were never circumcised, never kept the feasts, never followed the law were the ones allowed to cross the river into the Promised Land.

I point this out because you can't understand how the two covenants were in place at the same time for 40 years in the first century. There's a really big typology with the Exodus Generation, and the First Century Generation.

If you disagree, all you have to do is explain Heb 8:13

Right Divider

Body part
Every male born for 40 years could not keep the law because they were not circumcised.

These males were not circumcised until they crossed the Jordan and entered the Promised Land. Technically, there were men 39 years old who were circumcised (ouch!!!) after crossing into the Promised Land.

On the other hand, with the exception of Caleb and Joshua, not one male who was circumcised before the Exodus, was allowed to enter the Promised Land, including Moses and Aaron.

Moses even looked across the Jordan River, and saw the Promised Land, but did not cross the river.

Yet, the Israelites who were never circumcised, never kept the feasts, never followed the law were the ones allowed to cross the river into the Promised Land.

I point this out because you can't understand how the two covenants were in place at the same time for 40 years in the first century. There's a really big typology with the Exodus Generation, and the First Century Generation.

If you disagree, all you have to do is explain Heb 8:13
Just another of your SIX (or TEN) pet verses that you don't understand BUT hang all other doctrines upon.

• Show us where they STOPPED teaching "every man his brother" after the cross (Heb 8:11 -> Jer 31:34).
  • Show us where Peter said that the law was written in his heart.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
Just another of your SIX (or TEN) pet verses that you don't understand BUT hang all other doctrines upon.

• Show us where they STOPPED teaching "every man his brother" after the cross (Heb 8:11 -> Jer 31:34).
  • Show us where Peter said that the law was written in his heart.

we can't rightly divide
it is not in our bible
so
we have to reconcile the whole bible