ECT MAD is defeated by the locked timeframe of Lk 23

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
[/COLOR]The children are going to be destroyed just as the city.

They were both destroyed.

(Luke 13:34) “Jerusalem, Jerusalem, you who kill the prophets and stone those sent to you, how often I have longed to gather your children together, as a hen gathers her chicks under her wings, and you were not willing.

Interplanner

Since we know that there were stones left upon another in 70 AD, I suspect not all the children of Jerusalem were killed in 70 AD either..

the place was already declared desolate in the sense of Dan 9 and Thess says all the wrath of God was complete, and Lk 21 said 'the wrath as written was complete.' Who are you to pick it apart?

Anyway, the biological clock reality remains and you are wrong.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Since we know that there were stones left upon another in 70 AD, I suspect not all the children of Jerusalem were killed in 70 AD either..

(Matt 2:3 KJV) When Herod the king had heard these things, he was troubled, and all Jerusalem with him.

The above verse says "ALL" of Jerusalem was troubled at the birth of Christ.

Is that true?

Was "ALL" of Jerusalem troubled at the birth of Christ?

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
MAD disallows this event as what Christ was referring to.
No it doesn't.

In spite of the 'piles' (pun) of material and things that took place in the DofJ, MAD is totally obsessed with one item, two towers and a wall. It is stuck in the kind of literalism that the Pharisees demonstrated all the time in John. 'How can a person go back in its mother's womb?' 'How can we eat your flesh?'
You don't know squat about MAD.

And could you be bothered to explain your acronyms and initiaisms in your OPs? What does "Dofj" stand for?

True, Lighthouse; ever the fools; Interplanner and his lot right off conclude that Mads deny there was a massive destruction of Jerusalem in 70AD.

I know I have never denied it.

I just do not see it as the fulfilment of Prophecy.

Prophecy is ever bulls eye, dead center, right on the mark, exactly as predicted.

The Lord's claims to His being Who He said He was...were all based on one hundred percent to the letter accurate fulfilments.
Pretty much.

So here's the deal folks:
it's been 24 hours and no MAD member has actually commented on Lk 23, except for one stupid remark that thought I was saying 'fall on us' was connected to the moment of the cross.

This is my enduring impression of MAD members. It reminds me a line from THE GREAT DIVORCE about how the minions of Satan are always talking about things that were a century ago etc, because they can never quite bring themselves to deal with reality.

Nor is Lk 23 by itself. It is with the Thess passage on God's complete wrath, the already-desolation of Mt 23, the burnt land of Heb 6. You will never find MAD people in the know on these things, just on their theories and pre-Christian interp of the OT.
You haven't even bothered to tell us what passage is in question here. Luke 23 is about the trial and crucifixion and burial of Christ.

And a great multitude of the people followed Him, and women who also mourned and lamented Him. But Jesus, turning to them, said, [Jesus]“Daughters of Jerusalem, do not weep for Me, but weep for yourselves and for your children. For indeed the days are coming in which they will say, ‘Blessed are the barren, wombs that never bore, and breasts which never nursed!’ Then they will begin ‘to say to the mountains, “Fall on us!” and to the hills, “Cover us!”’ For if they do these things in the green wood, what will be done in the dry?”[/Jesus]
Luke 23:27-31

I see no reason to think this passage is not about the same as the others.

SaulToPaul 2

the place was already declared desolate in the sense of Dan 9 and Thess says all the wrath of God was complete, and Lk 21 said 'the wrath as written was complete.' Who are you to pick it apart?

Anyway, the biological clock reality remains and you are wrong.

Yes, but the old adage even a broken biological clock is right twice a day rings true, as Holford and Payne showed, to those with eyes to see, Amos 9D cannot be undone, but we must look for it with spiritual eyes leaving behind the red dirt and carnality of what will no more be. Agreed?

Interplanner

Yes, but the old adage even a broken biological clock is right twice a day rings true, as Holford and Payne showed, to those with eyes to see, Amos 9D cannot be undone, but we must look for it with spiritual eyes leaving behind the red dirt and carnality of what will no more be. Agreed?

Payne? You might as well say Stalin worked for Doctors Without Borders.

It's time for you to take the Scriptures seriously. Maybe for the first time.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Revelation 6:16 KJV​
(16) And said to the mountains and rocks, Fall on us, and hide us from the face of him that sitteth on the throne, and from the wrath of the Lamb:​

Revelation 9:6 KJV​
(6) And in those days shall men seek death, and shall not find it; and shall desire to die, and death shall flee from them.​

No death for them.

Luke 19:44 KJV​
(44) And shall lay thee even with the ground, and thy children within thee; and they shall not leave in thee one stone upon another; because thou knewest not the time of thy visitation.

Death for them.

Things that differ are not the same.

Interplanner

Revelation 6:16 KJV​
(16) And said to the mountains and rocks, Fall on us, and hide us from the face of him that sitteth on the throne, and from the wrath of the Lamb:​

Revelation 9:6 KJV​
(6) And in those days shall men seek death, and shall not find it; and shall desire to die, and death shall flee from them.​

No death for them.

Luke 19:44 KJV​
(44) And shall lay thee even with the ground, and thy children within thee; and they shall not leave in thee one stone upon another; because thou knewest not the time of thy visitation.

Death for them.

Things that differ are not the same.

That's nonsense of course, like saying that there are 1000 hills in Israel because of that expression.

You might try using the passage in question and the biological clock in question. It is very suspicious that you can never quite use them.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
That's nonsense of course,
You see it as nonsense because you are a moron.

like saying that there are 1000 hills in Israel because of that expression.
Sounds just like something a moron would say.

You might try using the passage in question and the biological clock in question. It is very suspicious that you can never quite use them.
Already have.
You are just too much of moron to realize it.

musterion

True, Lighthouse; ever the fools; Interplanner and his lot right off conclude that Mads deny there was a massive destruction of Jerusalem in 70AD.

I know I have never denied it.

None of us have, and they both know it. 70 was a destruction, but not the destruction foretold by Christ. Too much does not fit.

But even that isn't really the point for them. We're trying to deal rationally with a pair of authoritarian cultists who, mentally, operate exactly like Meshak. They choose on a case by case basis whether they believe this or that text of Scripture by one metric alone: can it be prooftexted for preterism? If they think it can, then it's literally true TO THE LETTER and you're an fool if you disagree. If it doesn't fit preterism, or militates against preterism, they're forced to explain its secret figurative meaning that only a moron cannot see. Sometimes such literal/figurative contradictions are created all within the same passage but they don't care. There is no dealing rationally with such because rationality really isn't involved. There's no dealing honestly with dishonesty. Agenda [emotion] is why they're here...axes are being forever ground, so there's no successful arguing against emotion. Waste of time, but continued exposure of their blind idiocy is necessary I suppose.