ECT Mad finds itself in the trash by applying simple logic

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Faith is also the gift in that verse, that's why the phrase 'and that not our yourselves' is there. The 'that' is referring to the faith, and there is an emphasis with 'kai' on adding an additional thought, as you can see from Greek grammars. He is not saying the 'faith' is something we 'contriubute.'

When the objective things of the Gospel are declared, you can tell who is the 'workmanship' or 'creation' of God (v10) because they respond in faith and realize that all of the above is not only FROM God but FOR him. Otherwise the sad truth is that the person is kept dark, 2 Cor 4:4.

In my opinion, you're "Dead Wrong." Hope that doesn't hurt your sensitive ego too much?

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
We all were created with a free will to choose where we desire to place our faith. If you're saying that, anybody who comes to Christ was given the faith to do so, then, you're a Calvinist basically. God desires that all of Humanity come to a saving knowledge of Jesus Christ. By your logic, He must give faith to those who become a member of the Body of Christ? If that is so, then, everybody would be saved. However, that's not the case. We are "pre-wired" with the ability to place our faith where we choose to do so.

Interplanner

So, you are the ONLY person on planet earth who knows how to properly interpret the Scriptures? Pardon me if I vehemently disagree with that assertion.

Go check Greek commentaries, usually requiring that you have had the basics just to read them.

Adding 'kai' means certain things.
There has to be 'case' agreement. It is not difficult to learn. The skill is called parsing.
Faith is called a gift in other places as well.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Go check Greek commentaries, usually requiring that you have had the basics just to read them.

Adding 'kai' means certain things.
There has to be 'case' agreement. It is not difficult to learn. The skill is called parsing.
Faith is called a gift in other places as well.

I'd rather trust the leading of the Holy Spirit when reading/studying the written word of God. Is that okay with you? Do you have any objections?

Interplanner

I'd rather trust the leading of the Holy Spirit when reading/studying the written word of God. Is that okay with you? Do you have any objections?

You want it to mean certain things and you don't want to do any homework. That's what you are saying. There is no blind trust in the NT or in the work of interp.

When a Roman admin suddenly realized Paul was not the terrorist who had a following of 4000 guys in the desert in Egypt, that meant specific exact things about who and what was being plotted against Rome.

You don't 'take it on faith' in either case. If there is a lingering issue, you just decline.

Interplanner

Inter, is Greek your first language?

No, but after my intro year at Multnomah, Goodrick made me a TA. Then I took one year at the Master's level at Regent, and then I worked in translation of Josephus for that project.

I was blessed with language exposure in middle school, and every kid should be. I learned W. African Hausa and Twi, French, and German for where we lived in W. Africa at that time. I keep French alive by living near Canada, and I lived 6 months in Germany.

Once you get this kind of exposure, you realize that all language 'diagrams' and you just start seeing the diagrams of what they/you are saying, faster and faster, and vocabulary fits, or not.

Interplanner

We all were created with a free will to choose where we desire to place our faith. If you're saying that, anybody who comes to Christ was given the faith to do so, then, you're a Calvinist basically. God desires that all of Humanity come to a saving knowledge of Jesus Christ. By your logic, He must give faith to those who become a member of the Body of Christ? If that is so, then, everybody would be saved. However, that's not the case. We are "pre-wired" with the ability to place our faith where we choose to do so.

But I think Paul wrote 2 Cor 4:4 so that we would know that we can't expect everyone to believe even when the best of presentations are given to the most open and fair people we come across.

It is important to realize that 2 Cor 4:4 is true at that moment. The same person may believe later after some pre-evangelism has had its time.

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Alright lets quote the law.
:BRAVO:

There's no p[o]int because this wasn't an official trial.
And yet if Jesus had answered their legal challenge, it would have ended the conversation.

Lev 20:10 And the man that committeth adultery with another man’s wife, even he that committeth adultery with his neighbour’s wife, the adulterer and the adulteress shall surely be put to death.

I'll let you put your spin on how this affects the situation with the woman caught in adultery.
Spin? Try reading the words. :up:

Although we've seen it before.
And, therefore... something. :idunno:

Right Divider

Body part
Alright lets quote the law. As I've said numerous times, there's no pint because this wasn't an official trial, it was theological entrapment. But these guys insist, so lets do it.

Lev 20:10 And the man that committeth adultery with another man’s wife, even he that committeth adultery with his neighbour’s wife, the adulterer and the adulteress shall surely be put to death.

Go!
I'll let you put your spin on how this affects the situation with the woman caught in adultery. Although we've seen it before.
You OMIT part of the LAW. That's called LYING.

http://theologyonline.com/showthrea...simple-logic&p=4817354&viewfull=1#post4817354

andyc

He keeps changing the subject to somehow "win" the argument. He's a double-minded man.

How can constantly trying to direct the discussion back to the OP be changing the subject? The woman caught in a adultery was from a discussion in another thread, but the mads want to talk about it in this thread. I know why that is. The woman in Luke's gospel was forgiven of many sins because her faith saved her. And I want to know what her faith was in, and what was the basis for Jesus to forgive?

andyc

:BRAVO:

And yet if Jesus had answered their legal challenge, it would have ended the conversation.

Spin? Try reading the words. :up:

And, therefore... something. :idunno:

Quoting the law didn't help you, did it?
She was guilty. Even she didn't deny it.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
No, but after my intro year at Multnomah, Goodrick made me a TA. Then I took one year at the Master's level at Regent, and then I worked in translation of Josephus for that project.

I was blessed with language exposure in middle school, and every kid should be. I learned W. African Hausa and Twi, French, and German for where we lived in W. Africa at that time. I keep French alive by living near Canada, and I lived 6 months in Germany.

Once you get this kind of exposure, you realize that all language 'diagrams' and you just start seeing the diagrams of what they/you are saying, faster and faster, and vocabulary fits, or not.

What? You're not a member of Mensa?