ECT MAD error #433: That Israel was offered a restored state

Right Divider

Body part
I don't think so; I don't remember anything along that line, but I do know there are sweeping variations. For ex., Ps 23's "he leads me beside still waters" is actually meant to say "he leads me past toxic waters" as shepherds in the near east know them.
Who says this?

They translate "mnuwchah" as "toxic"?

H4496 מְנוּחָה mnuwchah (men-oo-chaw') n-f.
מְנֻחָה mnuchah (men-oo-chaw')
1. repose.
2. (adverbially) peacefully.
3. (figuratively) consolation.
4. (specifically) matrimony.
5. (hence, concretely) an abode.
[feminine of H4495]
KJV: comfortable, ease, quiet, rest(-ing place), still.
Root(s): H4495

Interplanner

What would we do without you? It is you that needs the help, and not I.

Nonsense, just more silly speculation from you.

That is more philosophy and does nothing to address the actual issue.

If they were in error, why did Jesus NOT correct them? With a personal 40 day training session with the Creator of all things, they couldn't understand HIM?

Sorry.... your vain theory fails the test of truth.

The expression used is a correction. "It is not for you to know..." is a form of rebuke usually used by a homeowner to his servants or manager to his underlings. In this case, it was like asking for a raise before the servants had done any work. How do you feel about that?

The question is answered the same as Isaiah; Israel's destiny is not what it thought, and that's why Israel is so often the clay arguing with the Potter, as you know. Stop taking their side in it.

Interplanner

What would we do without you? It is you that needs the help, and not I.

Nonsense, just more silly speculation from you.

That is more philosophy and does nothing to address the actual issue.

If they were in error, why did Jesus NOT correct them? With a personal 40 day training session with the Creator of all things, they couldn't understand HIM?

Sorry.... your vain theory fails the test of truth.

Just so you are less confusing: what is the "actual" issue?

Hope you are in a great mood! You sound as though I just defamed your mother.

Interplanner

Who says this?

They translate "mnuwchah" as "toxic"?

H4496 מְנוּחָה mnuwchah (men-oo-chaw') n-f.
מְנֻחָה mnuchah (men-oo-chaw')
1. repose.
2. (adverbially) peacefully.
3. (figuratively) consolation.
4. (specifically) matrimony.
5. (hence, concretely) an abode.
[feminine of H4495]
KJV: comfortable, ease, quiet, rest(-ing place), still.
Root(s): H4495

For one, it is in the book and series called THAT THE WORLD MAY KNOW on mission. Van der Wege? There is only the need for common sense here: most water that is not moving in deserts is brackish if not toxic.

Strong's, Young's, Vine's not known for the miles they logged traveling around and actually seeing the things they were talking about.

Right Divider

Body part
The expression used is a correction. "It is not for you to know..." is a form of rebuke usually used by a homeowner to his servants or manager to his underlings. In this case, it was like asking for a raise before the servants had done any work. How do you feel about that?

The question is answered the same as Isaiah; Israel's destiny is not what it thought, and that's why Israel is so often the clay arguing with the Potter, as you know. Stop taking their side in it.
There you go AGAIN with your Bible chopping.... WHAT were they "not to know?

Acts 1:7 (AKJV/PCE)
(1:7) And he said unto them, It is not for you to know the times or the seasons, which the Father hath put in his own power.

The TIMES OR THE SEASONS.... this is NOT a "correction" of their understanding that the kingdom of Israel would be restored.

Times and Seasons have to do with TIMING and not a cancellation.

Again, as usual, you make your story "force" the meaning of scripture. Nope!

Interplanner

Anyone here think there will never be a restored literal nation called Israel that carries out the purposes of God? Can you explain in one sentence why you believe that?

There could be if enough Jews read the OT without the NT corrections and interp. Which is what happened. So how do you feel about championing an OT reading that ignores the NT--as a "NT Christian" I mean?

Last edited:

Right Divider

Body part
For one, it is in the book and series called THAT THE WORLD MAY KNOW on mission. Van der Wege? There is only the need for common sense here: most water that is not moving in deserts is brackish if not toxic.

Strong's, Young's, Vine's not known for the miles they logged traveling around and actually seeing the things they were talking about.
So a Hebrew word for "peaceful" become something ELSE because of man-made philosophy? Got it.

I don't call that common sense, I call it unbelief.

Interplanner

(1:7) And he said unto them, It is not for you to know the times or the seasons, which the Father hath put in his own power.

The TIMES OR THE SEASONS.... this is NOT a "correction" of their understanding that the kingdom of Israel would be restored.

And so why is this so-called restoration missing from Acts 13 and 26? Why does Paul lament that they are 'wasting their effort' in 26? He's about to be punished, so why doesn't he make friends and tell them, 'no worries, there's a restoration coming in X000 years?'

But of course, you're missing the point that there is no theological reason for a restoration. The mission of God since Isaiah (and said in ch 44-45 to be declared since 'ancient time'--Genesis) is not to amass things in the land of Israel but to get the message of redemption through God's righteousness out to the ends of the earth.

You never mention this, you don't seem to know a thing about it, yet it is the very shape and mindset of Acts!

Interplanner

Why do you have so much emotionally invested in a restored Israel? Are you not letting the letter to Hebrews sink in?

Right Divider

Body part
Go drink lots of desert water then. Start in Death Valley. It will be quick. (Clue: the name of the valley...)
You are just amazing....

You pervert the Word of God to force your meaning upon it.

You constantly look to man-made philosophy to define things instead of letting God's Word be TRUE.

The word is "mnuwchah" which does NOT mean "toxic", no matter what kind of SPIN you try to put on it with your vain philosophy.

Interplanner

If you knew how obsessed the rebels and Judaizers of the time were about 'restoring Israel' you would very quickly see that it is not the mission of God in Isaiah.

Right Divider

Body part
And so why is this so-called restoration missing from Acts 13 and 26? Why does Paul lament that they are 'wasting their effort' in 26? He's about to be punished, so why doesn't he make friends and tell them, 'no worries, there's a restoration coming in X000 years?'

But of course, you're missing the point that there is no theological reason for a restoration. The mission of God since Isaiah (and said in ch 44-45 to be declared since 'ancient time'--Genesis) is not to amass things in the land of Israel but to get the message of redemption through God's righteousness out to the ends of the earth.

You never mention this, you don't seem to know a thing about it, yet it is the very shape and mindset of Acts!
So you think that God will go back on His promises? I guess that you've never continued on to Isaiah 60.

Isa 60:1-22 (AKJV/PCE)
(60:1) Arise, shine; for thy light is come, and the glory of the LORD is risen upon thee. (60:2) For, behold, the darkness shall cover the earth, and gross darkness the people: but the LORD shall arise upon thee, and his glory shall be seen upon thee. (60:3) And the Gentiles shall come to thy light, and kings to the brightness of thy rising. (60:4) Lift up thine eyes round about, and see: all they gather themselves together, they come to thee: thy sons shall come from far, and thy daughters shall be nursed at [thy] side. (60:5) Then thou shalt see, and flow together, and thine heart shall fear, and be enlarged; because the abundance of the sea shall be converted unto thee, the forces of the Gentiles shall come unto thee. (60:6) The multitude of camels shall cover thee, the dromedaries of Midian and Ephah; all they from Sheba shall come: they shall bring gold and incense; and they shall shew forth the praises of the LORD. (60:7) All the flocks of Kedar shall be gathered together unto thee, the rams of Nebaioth shall minister unto thee: they shall come up with acceptance on mine altar, and I will glorify the house of my glory. (60:8) Who [are] these [that] fly as a cloud, and as the doves to their windows? (60:9) Surely the isles shall wait for me, and the ships of Tarshish first, to bring thy sons from far, their silver and their gold with them, unto the name of the LORD thy God, and to the Holy One of Israel, because he hath glorified thee. (60:10) And the sons of strangers shall build up thy walls, and their kings shall minister unto thee: for in my wrath I smote thee, but in my favour have I had mercy on thee. (60:11) Therefore thy gates shall be open continually; they shall not be shut day nor night; that [men] may bring unto thee the forces of the Gentiles, and [that] their kings [may be] brought. (60:12) For the nation and kingdom that will not serve thee shall perish; yea, [those] nations shall be utterly wasted. (60:13) The glory of Lebanon shall come unto thee, the fir tree, the pine tree, and the box together, to beautify the place of my sanctuary; and I will make the place of my feet glorious. (60:14) The sons also of them that afflicted thee shall come bending unto thee; and all they that despised thee shall bow themselves down at the soles of thy feet; and they shall call thee, The city of the LORD, The Zion of the Holy One of Israel. (60:15) Whereas thou hast been forsaken and hated, so that no man went through [thee], I will make thee an eternal excellency, a joy of many generations. (60:16) Thou shalt also suck the milk of the Gentiles, and shalt suck the breast of kings: and thou shalt know that I the LORD [am] thy Saviour and thy Redeemer, the mighty One of Jacob. (60:17) For brass I will bring gold, and for iron I will bring silver, and for wood brass, and for stones iron: I will also make thy officers peace, and thine exactors righteousness. (60:18) Violence shall no more be heard in thy land, wasting nor destruction within thy borders; but thou shalt call thy walls Salvation, and thy gates Praise. (60:19) The sun shall be no more thy light by day; neither for brightness shall the moon give light unto thee: but the LORD shall be unto thee an everlasting light, and thy God thy glory. (60:20) Thy sun shall no more go down; neither shall thy moon withdraw itself: for the LORD shall be thine everlasting light, and the days of thy mourning shall be ended. (60:21) Thy people also [shall be] all righteous: they shall inherit the land for ever, the branch of my planting, the work of my hands, that I may be glorified. (60:22) A little one shall become a thousand, and a small one a strong nation: I the LORD will hasten it in his time.

This is the Word of God that you reject.

Compare Isaiah 60 with Revelation 21 and you might learn something.

Danoh

That is YOUR CONFUSED reasoning into that.

As confused as your explanation.

It was not for them to know until the work had been done...but their destiny had not been what Israel had thought?

Israel's mission was their ambassadorship to the world.

But just as the RCC the Reformed both arose out of, but never fully "reformed" away from; you also have ended up doing what Israel's spiritual shephards (Pharisees and the Sadducies) over His sheep (Israel) had made of said mission.

Only, in the Reformed's/your square peg forced into a round hole; they/you "replace" or turn the Body's mission, with, or into Israel's.