ECT MAD error #433: That Israel was offered a restored state

Danoh

OK, on the years, but I don't accept personal remarks. You call yourself a Christian, too, I suppose, yet you can't discuss a proposition; all you can do is slam a person. And you want people to become part of your movement? Wow.

Do you have a specific belief or proposition, not a person, to discuss?

Do fraud's believe God was in Christ reconciling the debt of man's sin? Well, see I Cor 12.

Actually, you have accepted personal remarks in the past - when they have been positive :chuckle:

Jerry Shugart

Offered right here but we already know that you can't see it and don't believe it:

Act 3:12 ... Ye men of Israel, ...
Act 3:19 Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, when the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord;
Act 3:20 And he shall send Jesus Christ, which before was preached unto you:
Act 3:21 Whom the heaven must receive until the times of restitution of all things, which God hath spoken by the mouth of all his holy prophets since the world began.

EXACTLY!

Jerry Shugart

A theocratic state was never offered to Israel; it is a fatal error in MAD which doesn't know which way is up on many things.

After being with the Lord Jesus for forty days while He tutored them on the kingdom the Eleven certainly believed that the kingdom would be restored to Israel:

"When they therefore were come together, they asked of him, saying, Lord, wilt thou at this time restore again the kingdom to Israel? And he said unto them, It is not for you to know the times or the seasons, which the Father hath put in his own power" (Acts 1:6-7).​

Notice that the Lord did not tell them that they were wrong for expecting the kingdom to be restored to Israel. Instead, He only told them that they were not to know when it would happen.

Yet there are some who think that they know more about this than the Apostles who had been tutored about the kingdom by the King Himself. Those people who think that they no better insist that the kingdom will never be restored to Israel.

Right Divider

Body part
After being with the Lord Jesus for forty days while He tutored them on the kingdom the Eleven certainly believed that the kingdom would be restored to Israel:

"When they therefore were come together, they asked of him, saying, Lord, wilt thou at this time restore again the kingdom to Israel? And he said unto them, It is not for you to know the times or the seasons, which the Father hath put in his own power" (Acts 1:6-7).​

Notice that the Lord did not tell them that they were wrong for expecting the kingdom to be restored to Israel. Instead, He only told them that they were not to know when it would happen.
I've also pointed this out many times to many people and they typically just ignore this very important fact.

I often wonder how these types can be so ignorant as to think that the Lord Jesus Christ would not respond to correct them, if indeed the apostles were incorrect in their understanding His FORTY days of kingdom training.

Yet there are some who think that they know more about this than the Apostles who had been tutored about the kingdom by the King Himself. Those people who think that they no better insist that the kingdom will never be restored to Israel.
Exactly!

Interplanner

I've also pointed this out many times to many people and they typically just ignore this very important fact.

I often wonder how these types can be so ignorant as to think that the Lord Jesus Christ would not respond to correct them, if indeed the apostles were incorrect in their understanding His FORTY days of kingdom training.

Exactly!

1, the expression is more of a rebuke than that. it is more 'you're on the wrong track' or 'it's none of your business.'
2, there is nothing forthcoming in Acts! Well, there is positively repudiating material in 26, but no supporting material. How can you be so blind? How come the NT does not support what you think is supposed to happen?

Danoh

Show me Paul in a tight spot with his enemies in Judaism saying 'hold on guys, there will be a kingdom back in Judea, just wait'. It is never a thought, never an option, with his life at risk.

He didn't have to, Mr. Clueless - they both believed there is one coming.

THAT was NOT their issue with him.

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
1, the expression is more of a rebuke than that. it is more 'you're on the wrong track' or 'it's none of your business.'

Only in your imagination.

2, there is nothing forthcoming in Acts!

Not after Stephen's murder, nope.

Well, there is positively repudiating material in 26, but no supporting material. How can you be so blind?

How can you be so blind?

How come the NT does not support what you think is supposed to happen?

It does support it.

Jer 31:31 Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah:
Jer 31:32 Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they brake, although I was an husband unto them, saith the LORD:
Jer 31:33 But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the LORD, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people.
Jer 31:34 And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the LORD: for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the LORD: for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more.
Jer 31:35 Thus saith the LORD, which giveth the sun for a light by day, and the ordinances of the moon and of the stars for a light by night, which divideth the sea when the waves thereof roar; The LORD of hosts is his name:
Jer 31:36 If those ordinances depart from before me, saith the LORD, then the seed of Israel also shall cease from being a nation before me for ever.
Jer 31:37 Thus saith the LORD; If heaven above can be measured, and the foundations of the earth searched out beneath, I will also cast off all the seed of Israel for all that they have done, saith the LORD.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Jer 31:37 Thus saith the LORD; If heaven above can be measured, and the foundations of the earth searched out beneath, I will also cast off all the seed of Israel for all that they have done, saith the LORD.

[/COLOR]

Faithful believers of any race are the seed of Israel--

Gal 3:26 For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus.
Gal 3:27 For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ.
Gal 3:28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.
Gal 3:29 And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.

LA

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER

Gal 3:27 For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ.
Gal 3:28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.
Gal 3:29 And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.

LA

Abraham is not Israel.

meshak

BANNED
Banned

LA

Jesus said that clearly and simply.