Lying to the dying.

marhig

You appear to be very much like Stephen, who was stoned to death. He, like yourself was totally ignorant to the truths as revealed in the Holy Scriptures.
Oh no, Stephen was a man of God who preached the truth, why don't you believe him?

Truster

You appear to be very much like Stephen, who was stoned to death. He, like yourself was totally ignorant to the truths as revealed in the Holy Scriptures.

When Stephen was dying:

"But he, being full of the Holy Spirit, looked up stedfastly into heaven, and saw the glory of Elohim, and Yah Shua standing on the right hand of Elohim".

Note the word "standing". Such had been the purity of Stephens preaching Messiah stood to receive him into eternity.

And you say this man was totally ignorant?

Truster

You are neither a prophet nor an apostle, you are giving yourself a title that you are not entitled to. You are full of pride and you look down on others. This is not of God, it's self-righteousness!

I didn't call myself an apostle or a prophet, but I was referring to what Yah Shua Messiah said:

"Blessed are ye, when men shall revile you, and persecute you, and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely, for my sake. Rejoice, and be exceeding glad: for great is your reward in heaven: for so persecuted they the prophets which were before you".

You are always ignorant of the truth as found in scripture and you always revile the truth. You should realise that it is called blasphemy and blasphemers go to hell and the lake of fire.

marhig

I didn't call myself an apostle or a prophet, but I was referring to what Yah Shua Messiah said:

"Blessed are ye, when men shall revile you, and persecute you, and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely, for my sake. Rejoice, and be exceeding glad: for great is your reward in heaven: for so persecuted they the prophets which were before you".

You are always ignorant of the truth as found in scripture and you always revile the truth. You should realise that it is called blasphemy and blasphemers go to hell and the lake of fire.

And you did make yourself as the apostles and the prophets, as you said what was in them is in you. You glorify yourself as being like them. And i don't see anything that was in them in you! You are nothing like the prophets and apostles, they were humble for a start and that's something that you most certainly aren't!

Also, what have i said that you believe isn't the truth?

Truster

And you did make yourself as the apostles and the prophets, as you said what was in them is in you. You glorify yourself as being like them. And i don't see anything that was in them in you! You are nothing like the prophets and apostles, they were humble for a start and that's something that you most certainly aren't!

Also, what have i said that you believe isn't the truth?

You have in mind the things of man, not of Elohim. Get thee behind me Satan.

S-word

BANNED
Banned
When Stephen was dying:

"But he, being full of the Holy Spirit, looked up stedfastly into heaven, and saw the glory of Elohim, and Yah Shua standing on the right hand of Elohim".

Note the word "standing". Such had been the purity of Stephens preaching Messiah stood to receive him into eternity.

And you say this man was totally ignorant?

I did not say that Stephen was totally ignorant, my dear friend. What I said was, that Stephen, like yourself was totally ignorant to the truths as revealed in the Holy Scriptures.

Stephen, a Greek speaking Jew, who had been dragged before the Jewish authorities by Saul, in defence of his faith before being stoned to death, stated in acts 7: 4, that it was after Terah HAD DIED that his son Abraham obeyed God’s command and went to live in the land of Canaan. But the record in Genesis makes it plain that after Terah had turned 70 not 75 or 80, he became the father of Abraham, Nahor and Haran, and that Abraham was 75 when he travelled to Canaan, leaving his father with his younger brother “Nahor,” and that his father died 60 years later at the age of 205. Stephen‘s word’s here are seen to be untrue.

And you, like Stephen, who are ignorant to the truths as revealed in the scriptures, defend Stephen's untruth.

Stephen also states in Acts 7: 15-17, that Abraham bought the family grave site for Sarah in the land of Shechem from Hamor, whereas Genesis chapter 23: shows that Abraham bought the grave site from Ephron the Hittite at Machpeleh east of Mamre, which is way to the south of Shechem. Again Stephen’s words are untrue.

And you, like Stephen, who are ignorant to the truths as revealed in the scriptures, defend Stephen's untruth.

It is also said by Stephen in the same verses, that the bodies of Jacob and his sons were buried at Shechem, when in fact, it was only the remains of Joseph which was buried there, see Joshua 24: 32. Again Stephen’s words are untrue.

Jacob and his other sons were buried at Mamre and concerning the burial of Jacob, it is written in genesis 50: 13, “They carried the body of Jacob to Canaan and buried it in the cave at Machpelah east of Mamre in the field which Abraham had bought from Ephron the Hittite.” Again Stephen’s words are untrue.

How many people have we heard or who have written the erroneous statement of Stephen, that it was after his father had died that Abraham Journeyed into the land of Canaan? Just because something is stated in scripture, some people take it to be the gospel truth without checking it out.

The Holy Spirit gives different gifts to different people, and not all who are filled with the Holy Spirit have ever read the scriptures let alone are privy to the truths therein.

Stephen was neither a teacher nor a preacher, but was a newly converted Greek speaking Jew, and because the widows of this group were being neglected in the daily distribution of funds, he with six others were chosen to handle the finances, and although he was filled with the Holy Spirit, he did not speak the truth because he did not know the truth, for knowing the truth has nothing to do with the blessings of the Holy Spirit.

The world is filled with wonderful people who are a blessing to the communities in which they live, and who are ignorant to the truth of God’s word, (Blessed are they who do not see, and yet believe) these people are not filled with knowledge of the truth that is revealed in scripture, but they are filled with the love, the compassion, and the power of the holy Spirit.

And You, who claim that Stephen told the truth as revealed in the scriptures, reveal that you are as ignorant to those truths as Stephen was.

Truster

I refuse, point blank, to speak peace to the unregenerate, hypocrites, religious dogma lovers and those that oppose the following statement:
A regenerate man trusts in the evangelism of salvation conditioned on the atoning blood and imputed justness of Messiah alone.

S-word

BANNED
Banned
I refuse, point blank, to speak peace to the unregenerate, hypocrites, religious dogma lovers and those that oppose the following statement:
A regenerate man trusts in the evangelism of salvation conditioned on the atoning blood and imputed justness of Messiah alone.

The unregenerate, hypocrites, and religious dogma lovers, who come onto these forums proclaiming that they have the truth, and yet reveal that they, like Stephen, are totally ignorant to the truths as revealed in scriptures, are generally the ones who run for cover and refuse to speak, to those who show them up as the biblical ignoramuses that they are.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Stephen, a Greek speaking Jew, who had been dragged before the Jewish authorities by Saul, in defence of his faith before being stoned to death, stated in acts 7: 4, that it was after Terah HAD DIED that his son Abraham obeyed God’s command and went to live in the land of Canaan. But the record in Genesis makes it plain that after Terah had turned 70 not 75 or 80, he became the father of Abraham, Nahor and Haran, and that Abraham was 75 when he travelled to Canaan, leaving his father with his younger brother “Nahor,” and that his father died 60 years later at the age of 205. Stephen‘s word’s here are seen to be untrue.
Common mistake folks make by just skimming scripture and not paying attention to details.

Here is a handy chart that was put together by a few of us here at TOL.
This chart will help you see that Abram/Abraham's (#20 on chart) father was 130 when Abe was born.
(See note #4)

• The green numbers (*1, *2, *3, *4) are notes listed at bottom explaining how some of the dates were arrived at.

• After 1st set of "...." --- (age of father at birth + year father was born) = birth year of person

• After 2nd set of "...." --- (birth year of person + how many years he lived) = year died

EXAMPLE:
2.Seth.......……..130 (GEN 5:3) +0 =130………..130 + 912(GEN 5:8) =1042
# NAME ........... age of father at birth of NAME + year father was born = birth year of NAME .................... birth year + years lived = year died

1.Adam……….…….........................0………….0 + 930(GEN 5:5) = 930
2.Seth.......……..130(GEN 5:3) +0=130………..130+912(GEN 5:8) =1042
3.Enos ………..105(GEN 5:6) +130=235……...235+905(GEN 5:11) =1140
4.Cainan ……….90(GEN 5:9) +235=325………325+910(GEN 5:14) =1235
5.Mahalalel....….70(GEN 5:12) +325=395…….395+895(GEN 5:17) =1290
6.Jared............65(GEN5:15) +395=460……..460+962(GEN 5:20) =1422
7.Enoch ........…162(GEN 5:18) +460=622……622+365(GEN 5:23) = 987*1
8.Methuselah .….65(GEN 5:21)+622=687…….687+969(GEN 5:27) =1656*2
9.Lamech ……...187(GEN 5:25) +687=874……874+777(GEN 5:31) =1651
(Notice that all of the above were born before Adam died. All were capable of hearing 1st hand knowledge of the garden of Eden.)

10.Noah ........…...182(GEN 5:28) +874=1056……....1056+950(GEN 9:29) = 2006
11.Shem............ 502(GEN 5:32)*3 +1056=1558…...1558+600(GEN 11:11) =2158
12.Arphaxad ..... 100(GEN 11:10) +1558=1658…...1658+438(GEN 11:13) =2096
13.Salah ............…35(GEN 11:12) +1658=1693…..1693+433(GEN 11:15) =2126
14.Eber ..............…30(GEN 11:14) +1693=1723…..1723+464(GEN 11:17) =2187
15.Peleg ............….34(GEN 11:16) +1723=1757… .1757+239(GEN 11:19) =1966
16Reu ................….30(GEN 11:18) +1757=1787…..1787+239(GEN 11:21) =2026
17.Serug ............…32(GEN11:20) +1787=1819……1819+230(GEN 11:23) =2049
18.Nahor ............…30(GEN 11:22) +1819=1849…..1849+148(GEN 11:25) =1997
19.Terah ....…….….29(GEN 11:24) +1849=1878…...1878+205(GEN 11:32) =2083
20.Abram ........130(GEN 11:26 *4) +1878=2008…...2008+175(GEN 25:7) =2183
(Notice that all of the above were born before Noah’s son died. All were capable of hearing 1st hand knowledge of the flood.)

21.Isaac…………100(GEN 21:5) +2008=2108…..2108+180(GEN 35:28) =2288
22.Jacob…………60(GEN 25:26) +2108=2168….2168+147(GEN 47:28) =2315

Dispute of whether Enoch actually died or was translated to heaven (GEN 5:23-24).
    Either way, he was gone from the earth.

YEAR OF FLOOD - 1656

Gen 7:6 And Noah was six hundred years old when the flood of waters was upon the earth.

(Noah was born in the year 1056. 600 years after his birth was the flood. 1056 + 600 = 1656.)

Gen.11: 10. These are the generations of Shem: Shem was an hundred years old, and begat Arphaxad two years after the flood:

Arphazad was born in the year 1658. His birth was 2 years after the flood.
    1658 – 2 = 1656.)

GEN 5:32 says Noah was 500 when he begot Shem, Ham, and Japheth.
    GEN 10:21 says Japheth was the elder.
    GEN 9:24 says that Ham was the youngest.
    So we can conclude that they were not triplets all born at the same time.
    Added to GEN 11:10 which says that Shem was 100 when he begot his son Arphaxad, and this was 2 years AFTER the flood, we can conclude that Noah had the elder Japheth at age 500, then Shem at age 502, then Ham after that.

Gen 11:26 And Terah lived seventy years, and begat Abram, Nahor, and Haran.

(Though Abram is listed first, he was not the first son of Terah)

Gen 11:32 And the days of Terah were two hundred and five years: and Terah died in Haran.

Terah had first son when he was 70 years old.
    Abram was not his first son.
    He was 130 years old when he had Abram.

Abram stayed in Haran until his father died at age 205.
    Actc 7
    3 And said unto him, Get thee out of thy country, and from thy kindred, and come into the land which I shall show thee.
    4 Then came he out of the land of the Chaldeans, and dwelt in Haran: and from thence, when his father was dead, he removed him into this land, wherein ye now dwell.

How old was Abram when he left?
    Gen 12:4 So Abram departed, as the LORD had spoken unto him; and Lot went with him: and Abram [was] seventy and five years old when he departed out of Haran.

75 years old.
    205 – 75 = 130

Truster

Well now then, take a look at this, he who once called himself the kings man, has now elevated himself to the status of the king himself.

Truster wrote......."I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity."

All hail to the king 'Truster.'

Are you ignorant of the meaning and use of inverted commas? Rhetorical?

They convey the fact that the writer is actually quoting another and that is what I was doing, quoting the words of Messiah, that hypocrites will receive. You'll remember this when you hear the words.

S-word

BANNED
Banned
Common mistake folks make by just skimming scripture and not paying attention to details.

GEN 5:32 says Noah was 500 when he begot Shem, Ham, and Japheth.
    GEN 10:21 says Japheth was the elder.
    GEN 9:24 says that Ham was the youngest.
    So we can conclude that they were not triplets all born at the same time.
    Added to GEN 11:10 which says that Shem was 100 when he begot his son Arphaxad, and this was 2 years AFTER the flood, we can conclude that Noah had the elder Japheth at age 500, then Shem at age 502, then Ham after that.

Gen 11:26 And Terah lived seventy years, and begat Abram, Nahor, and Haran.

Gen 11:32 And the days of Terah were two hundred and five years: and Terah died in Haran.

Terah had first son when he was 70 years old.
    Abram was not his first son.
    He was 130 years old when he had Abram.

Abram stayed in Haran until his father died at age 205.
    Actc 7
    3 And said unto him, Get thee out of thy country, and from thy kindred, and come into the land which I shall show thee.
    4 Then came he out of the land of the Chaldeans, and dwelt in Haran: and from thence, when his father was dead, he removed him into this land, wherein ye now dwell.

How old was Abram when he left?
    Gen 12:4 So Abram departed, as the LORD had spoken unto him; and Lot went with him: and Abram [was] seventy and five years old when he departed out of Haran.

75 years old.
    205 – 75 = 130

First let me say that I agree with you, that people such as yourself who simply skim through the scriptures without paying attention to the details, are prone to make many mistakes as you have.

Tambora wrote.......GEN 5:32 says Noah was 500 when he begot Shem, Ham, and Japheth.

S-word........Correct!

Tambora wrote..........GEN 10:21 says Japheth was the elder.

S-word....... Incorrect. The Jerusalem bible, the Good News catholic Study Edition of the bible, the New English bible, the New Revised Standard Version and others. all state in Gen 10: 21, that Shem is the elder brother of Japheth. You must pay more attention to the details Tambora.

Tambora wrote........GEN 9:24 says that Ham was the youngest.

S-word.........Wrong again. Gen 9: 24; is referring to Canaan, the youngest descendant of Noah, whom he cursed for what he had done to his grandfather as he lay naked in his tent in a drunken stupor. The Hebrew term 'BEN' does not necessary mean son, but also a male descendant: Or when a man does not produce a son, his eldest daughter who bears descendants for his posterity, is also given the appellation 'BEN.'

Tambora wrote........So we can conclude that they were not triplets all born at the same time.

S-word....... we certainly can, for we are told that Shem is the elder brother of Japheth, and that Ham, the first born lost the blessing of first born which Noah then bestowed on Shem because of what his youngest descendant 'Canaan' the son of Ham, had done to him while he lay naked in a drunken stupor in his tent.

Tambora wrote........Added to GEN 11:10 which says that Shem was 100 when he begot his son Arphaxad, and this was 2 years AFTER the flood, we can conclude that Noah had the elder Japheth at age 500, then Shem at age 502, then Ham after that.

S-word........Wrong! Noah was 500 when he fathered Ham, and 502 when he fathered Shem the elder brother of Japheth.

Now, from the book of Jubilees, a book from which Jesus and the apostles all quoted; Chapter 7; Then in 1800 A.M. Nahor the father of Terah took to himself a wife, and her name was ’Ijaska, the daughter of Nestag of the Chaldees. And she bare him Terah in the year 1806 A.M.

64 years later, in the year of 1870 A.M. Terah took to himself a wife, and her name was ’Edna, the daughter of ’Abram, the daughter of his father’s sister. And in 1876 A.M. when Terah was 70 years old, she bare him a son, and he called his name Abram, by the name of the father of his mother; for he had died before his daughter had conceived a son.

Tambora wrote.........Gen 11:26 And Terah lived seventy years, and begat Abram, Nahor, and Haran.

S-word........Wrong! Abraham was born the first of three sons sired by Terah, and Terah was 70 years old when he fathered Abraham.

Tambora wrote........Gen 11:32 And the days of Terah were two hundred and five years: and Terah died in Haran.

S-word........Correct! and he died 60 years after his first born son, 'Abraham' had answered God's call and had moved into the land of Canaan.

Tambora wrote..........Terah had first son when he was 70 years old.

S-word........Correct! And his first born son was Abraham.

Tambora wrote........Abram was not his first son. He was 130 years old when he had Abram.

S-word........Wrong on both counts. Abraham was the first born son of Terah, and he was 70 years old when his first son 'Abraham' was born.

Tambora wrote.........Abram stayed in Haran until his father died at age 205.
Actc 7

S-word....... Wrong again. Abraham who was born when his father was 70, left Haran when he was 75 and his 145 year old father, who remained in Haran with his youngest son Nahor, died there 60 years later at the age of 205.

Tambora wrote........How old was Abram when he left?

S-word........75.

Tambora wrote.........Gen 12:4 So Abram departed, as the LORD had spoken unto him; and Lot went with him: and Abram [was] seventy and five years old when he departed out of Haran.
75 years old.
205 – 75 = 130

S-word......Terah was 70 when he fathered Abraham, who was 75 when he left his Father in Haran, who died there 60 years after his first born son had obeyed God's call and moved into the land of Shem's rightful inheritance.

Now would you like to defend Stephens other untruths? Did Abraham buy his families grave site from Hamor the father of Shechem? And were the bodies of Jacob and his sons taken to Shechem and buried there?

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Genesis 11:31-32 KJV
(31) And Terah took Abram his son, and Lot the son of Haran his son's son, and Sarai his daughter in law, his son Abram's wife; and they went forth with them from Ur of the Chaldees, to go into the land of Canaan; and they came unto Haran, and dwelt there.
(32) And the days of Terah were two hundred and five years: and Terah died in Haran.

Abe's father died at age 205.
When his father dies at age 205, Abe left Haran at age 75.

Genesis 12:4 KJV
(4) So Abram departed, as the LORD had spoken unto him; and Lot went with him: and Abram was seventy and five years old when he departed out of Haran.

205 - 75 = 130

S-word

BANNED
Banned
Nope.

Get the details, brother.

Abe's father was 130 years old when he was born.
No doubt about it.

You poor deceived soul.

From the book of Jubilees, a book from which Jesus and the apostles all quoted; Chapter 7; Then in 1800 A.M. Nahor the father of Terah took to himself a wife, and her name was ’Ijaska, the daughter of Nestag of the Chaldees. And she bare him Terah in the year 1806 A.M.

64 years later, in the year of 1870 A.M. Terah took to himself a wife, and her name was ’Edna, the daughter of ’Abram, the daughter of his father’s sister. And in 1876 A.M. when Terah was 70 years old, she bare him a son, and he called his name Abram, by the name of the father of his mother; for he had died before his daughter had conceived a son.

Abraham was 49 years old when he took his half sister Sarah as his wife. 3 years later, when Abraham was 52, his younger brother ‘Haran’ took himself a wife, who, after 4 years, when Abraham was 56, became the father of Lot.

4 years after the birth of Lot, when Abraham was 60, he set fire to the Idols in the temple in which his father was the High priest, Haran the younger brother of Abraham was burnt to death, in his attempt to save the Idols of wood, making ‘LOT’ only 4 years old when his father died, and Milcah the daughter of Haran, who was to later become the wife of Terah’s youngest son ‘Nahor’ would have been between one and four years old at that time.

Immediately after the death of Haran, Terah gathered his family and left Ur the city of the Chaldaeans to go the the land of Canaan, but on arrival in the land which is today ‘Turkey’ they settle there and named that place ‘Haran’ after his dead son.

After spending some 15 years in Haran, when Abraham was 75, he left his 145 year old father there in Haran with his young brother Nahor, and set out for the land of Canaan, with his wife Sarah and his [then] young 19 year old nephew ‘LOT’, leaving his father who died in Haran 60 years later.

Now you can either believe the truth as revealed in scripture, or believe the Greek Stephen, who was a new convert to the apostolic church of Christ, and who was unfamiliar with the Hebrew scriptures, and by so doing, reject the word of God and any salvation, that is given to those who believe the word of God..

Would you like to try to defend Stephens untruth, which says in Acts 7: 14; that the number of the family of Israel who entered Egypt was 75 people in all, when Genesis 46: 27; gives the number as being 70 persons in all?

Would you also care to defend Stephen’s untruth, which states in Acts 7: 16; that the bodies of Jacob and his sons were taken to Shechem and buried there, when Genesis 50: 12; reveals that Jacob was buried in the cave at Machpelah, which Abraham had bought from Ephron the Hittite as a family burial site, and not from Hamor the father of Shechem as Stephen so erroneously stated?

Wake up to yourself child, the choice is yours, either believe or reject the word of God.