Lunar Eclipse/Red Moon

ebenz47037

Proverbs 31:10
Silver Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I hope it's not too cloudy here to see it. The last one was pretty cool. I didn't know about it until my daughter and I were on our way to dinner. :) You should have heard her squeal. It was the first one she'd ever seen.

the Sibbie

I do recall once seeing this enormous red (planet or moon) in the northeast* sky. I think it was one morning (either in December or the summer months) around quarter to 5 a.m. on my way to work. I don't remeber the year...probably about 3 or 4 years ago. Sometimes the moon looks really large, but this was about 4 or 5 times larger the moon. It kinda looked like Jupiter, red and a little fiery looking (I don't remeber if it had stripe patterns on it or not). It also looked like heat waves were radiating on the surface of it. I never figured out what it was. I don't remeber hearing any hype about it, but then again I never watched much T.V. Maybe it was a lunar eclipse?? :confused: I wish I had time to stop and take a little more notice of it.

*Sorry, make that just the northern sky.

Last edited:

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Those are really cool!

Elaine

We have a telescope, but it's not a very good one. However, binoculars work well for something as close as the moon. You have the advantage of being able to look with both eyes, and you can see many more stars with them as well!

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Elaine
We have a telescope, but it's not a very good one. However, binoculars work well for something as close as the moon. You have the advantage of being able to look with both eyes, and you can see many more stars with them as well!
:thumb: