ECT "Lordship 'Salvation'"-perverting the gospel of Christ

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
Christ followers do follow Christ.

To say all Christians follow Christ is just to say that all Christians are Christians. :plain:

The rest around here are looking for assurance when they are on this list:
very-nervous.gif

Do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived. Neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor homosexuals, nor sodomites, nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners will inherit the kingdom of God (1 Co 6:9–10).

:listen: If you're on the list, you need to repent and seek the Lord (Mt 6:33).

And such were some of you. But you were washed, but you were sanctified, but you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus and by the Spirit of our God (1 Co 6:11, emphasis mine).

3d-bulles-bain.gif

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned

You must be convicted of sin in order to be saved (John 16:7–11).

"People join churches like they join a country club like they're doing God a favor. They have never seen themselves as sinners in the sight of a righteous and holy God." ~ Adrian Rogers

tennis_ace-4036.gif

Cross Reference

You must be convicted of sin in order to be saved (John 16:7–11).

"People join churches like they join a country club like they're doing God a favor. They have never seen themselves as sinners in the sight of a righteous and holy God." ~ Adrian Rogers

tennis_ace-4036.gif

Naah! There are those in the world who live godly lives, who know right from wrong, believing for a god whom they fear and rewards. What about them?

Cross Reference

“When man repents of sin, God repents of judgment.” ~ Adrian Rogers Is 58:6

As a reminder Cross Reference is number 7 on Satan, Inc. (TOL Heretics list) in the Misc. category. :burnlib:
Don't you think you ought be make sure of your correctness first before you accuse anyone of being incorrect? And even then you should always question yourself. . and in this case, you are wrong unless sin is the issue. Why not begin again by re-reading my post?

Derf

Because he/she keeps calling me a heretic in just about every single post he/she posts to me. I let him/her know that there are people who think she is a heretic too. Why does she want to keep verbally degrading me? Christians are supposed to treat others as they would like to be treated; maybe it is how she wants to be treated? I am trying to appeal to her compassionate side.
and yet, Jesus never said to treat others in the way they treated you, but in the way you want to be treated. So if you are serious about wanting to do what Jesus said, you will accept the poor treatment from others and return good treatment--not repaying evil for evil.

As for why, she wants to verbally degrade you, it seems pretty clear--she thinks you are perverting the gospel. Is hers the right response? No more than yours was. But that doesn't make it right for either of you.

One of you needs to lead the way in showing grace, or reconciliation will remain elusive.

Cross Reference

SD: You must be convicted of sin in order to be saved (John 16:7–11).
Cross Reference: Naah!

"You can laugh your way into hell but you can't laugh your way out." :burnlib: ~ Adrian Rogers Ga 6:7

Sin must be put away (Ac 8:22, 1 Jn 1:7).

What do you know about what it means to be held blameless without ever hearing the Name of Jesus?

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
To say all Christians follow Christ is just to say that all Christians are Christians. :plain:

The rest around here are looking for assurance when they are on this list:
very-nervous.gif

Do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived. Neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor homosexuals, nor sodomites, nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners will inherit the kingdom of God (1 Co 6:9–10).

:listen: If you're on the list, you need to repent and seek the Lord (Mt 6:33).

And such were some of you. But you were washed, but you were sanctified, but you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus and by the Spirit of our God (1 Co 6:11, emphasis mine).

3d-bulles-bain.gif
The important thing is to obey Jesus.

God's Truth

and yet, Jesus never said to treat others in the way they treated you, but in the way you want to be treated. So if you are serious about wanting to do what Jesus said, you will accept the poor treatment from others and return good treatment--not repaying evil for evil.

As for why, she wants to verbally degrade you, it seems pretty clear--she thinks you are perverting the gospel. Is hers the right response? No more than yours was. But that doesn't make it right for either of you.

One of you needs to lead the way in showing grace, or reconciliation will remain elusive.
You are a false judge. Where did you get you are able to judge me?

I never called Serpent Dove a heretic, as she called me one. I told her there are others that think she is a heretic.

You should have been more careful and obeyed the scriptures.

Romans 14:4 Who are you to judge someone else's servant? To their own master, servants stand or fall. And they will stand, for the Lord is able to make them stand.

Derf

I never called Serpent Dove a heretic, as she called me one. I told her there are others that think she is a heretic.

Romans 14:4 Who are you to judge someone else's servant? To their own master, servants stand or fall. And they will stand, for the Lord is able to make them stand.
My point was that you attacked her and treated her like you did not want to be treated. Whether it was exactly the same or not.
And apparently you judge others when you don't want to be judged.
I'm not condoning her behavior but if you are quoting scripture saying do everything Jesus said to do, but don't do it yourself, you don't need me to judge you, your words judge you.
Just ask those who you disagree with.

@ Serpentdove & Tambora: what do you say?

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Temp Banned

Your denial of what you are doing is no defense.

God's Truth

My point was that you attacked her and treated her like you did not want to be treated. Whether it was exactly the same or not.
And apparently you judge others when you don't want to be judged.
I'm not condoning her behavior but if you are quoting scripture saying do everything Jesus said to do, but don't do it yourself, you don't need me to judge you, your words judge you.
Just ask those who you disagree with.

@ Serpentdove & Tambora: what do you say?

I obey and you do not.

Why do you ask others to judge me? Others that you know do not like me and falsely judge me?

You sound like those that left it to the Jews to persecute Jesus.

You are not better than the people that had part in Jesus' crucifixion.

Matthew 27:17 So when the crowd had gathered, Pilate asked them, "Which one do you want me to release to you: Jesus Barabbas, or Jesus who is called the Messiah?"

You ask people here that you KNOW hate me. You have the spirit of one that is not right.

How about this, you keep your personal opinions about me to yourself, and speak only about the scriptures.

This site is not for you to tell others what you think about them.

I answer to God and care very little what you think of me, or what any man thinks of me.

God's Truth

We have a case of Cain verses Abel here. I have people here that like Cain are jealous because I say I obey.
Proverbs 29:10
The bloodthirsty hate a person of integrity and seek to kill the upright.

God's Truth

Cain did kill Abel. The people Pilate asked about Jesus, did kill Jesus.

Derf has a spirit that coincides with that of examples in the Holy Bible.

If I am 'killed' here on this site, at least recognize the spirit that is doing the killing.

God's Truth

Just look at the definition of the name Derf choose for yourself if the person named Derf is posting according to the name he picked as his TOL name.

Is he calling 'us' all here derfs, or himself a derf?