"Lord, Lord, Didn't We...?"

meshak

BANNED
Banned
I'm glad you agree that works are a product of Faith. So do you agree that Faith without works is dead as stated in scripture? I do agree that works without Faith are not of the will of GOD or the direction of man under GOD.

Peace

Sent from my HTC Desire 512 using Tapatalk

Yes, and dead faith cannot save us.

Epoisses

I'm glad you agree that works are a product of Faith. So do you agree that Faith without works is dead as stated in scripture? I do agree that works without Faith are not of the will of GOD or the direction of man under GOD.

I already said that 'faith alone' will produce the fruits of the Spirit (Love, joy, peace etc.). The faith plus works gospel is legalism and will never produce the fruits of the Spirit but the works of the flesh or law.

popsthebuilder

I already said that 'faith alone' will produce the fruits of the Spirit (Love, joy, peace etc.). The faith plus works gospel is legalism and will never produce the fruits of the Spirit but the works of the flesh or law.
That doesn't really make sense to me. And you seem to limit the fruits of the spirit to emotions. Surely you don't declare the power of GOD or Faith to be limited to being only causal of emotional reactions? Not to mention affliction, and general negativity are exuded by the masses towards those rightly guided based on scripture, and though confirmation and or revelation through the Holy Spirit can and does bring joy, the only way it would bring constant elation or true peace would be for one to actually abide by the law that the Holy Spirit puts in your conscience; the things that weigh on your heart and bring shame. And no, one is powerless to do these things by their own will. That is the part that strengthens Faith even more, because one must be patient and persevering in their faith that by God's will all will be done.

In no way does that mean to dismiss any effort of righteous life which makes the example, teachings, and self sacrifice of the Christ in vain.

Peace

Robert Pate

Banned
That doesn't really make sense to me. And you seem to limit the fruits of the spirit to emotions. Surely you don't declare the power of GOD or Faith to be limited to being only causal of emotional reactions? Not to mention affliction, and general negativity are exuded by the masses towards those rightly guided based on scripture, and though confirmation and or revelation through the Holy Spirit can and does bring joy, the only way it would bring constant elation or true peace would be for one to actually abide by the law that the Holy Spirit puts in your conscience; the things that weigh on your heart and bring shame. And no, one is powerless to do these things by their own will. That is the part that strengthens Faith even more, because one must be patient and persevering in their faith that by God's will all will be done.

In no way does that mean to dismiss any effort of righteous life which makes the example, teachings, and self sacrifice of the Christ in vain.

Peace

The Gospel is the heart and the center of the Christians faith. It is not faith in faith or faith in a doctrine, religion or a church. It is faith in the work and the person of Jesus Christ.

This is why it is not faith plus works. It is faith plus nothing. The thief on the cross did not have a chance to do works. All he could do was believe that Jesus could save him.

Catholics believe that it is faith plus works, this is why they are busy, busy, busy, trying to be good enough.

Nanja

The Gospel is the heart and the center of the Christians faith. It is not faith in faith or faith in a doctrine, religion or a church. It is faith in the work and the person of Jesus Christ.

This is why it is not faith plus works. It is faith plus nothing. The thief on the cross did not have a chance to do works. All he could do was believe that Jesus could save him.

Catholics believe that it is faith plus works, this is why they are busy, busy, busy, trying to be good enough.

Believing unto Salvation is only made possible by one's heart/mind being transformed by God's Spirit Ezek. 36:26-27!

Thus, the thief on the cross was the perfect example of an Elect Son of God, Chosen in Christ Eph. 1:4-5 and given Grace before the world began 2Tim. 1:9: A Chosen Vessel of Mercy Rom. 9:23; Titus 3:5; Rom. 8:33!

~~~~~

popsthebuilder

I agree that it is Faith alone.

All throughout scriptures it is reiterated that those who really believe will act as if they believe in all ways, at all times, in every case. Anything less isn't utter Faith. To believe a thing and take it seriously (which all "Christians" should) is to behave as if it is factual, not as if it is some social fad, or keeping up appearances. Faith alone indeed is the basis for works that are produced of that Faith. How can one observe the Faith or lack there of but by their works? Lip service isn't Faith.

Christ shows us the way. The lamb without blemish gave the perfect example. He died on the cross as sin though He was without fault. He paid for our sin that we might by his righteousness. If the Christ defeated sin, and we claim to be Christians who know Christ and accept him as our savior then how can one blatantly go against all that is written, and all that is imparted through the conscience? The fact is that most are blind to their own folly by way of misplaced pride, and arrogance.

I'm sorry, I'm not attacking you; I'm not really even directing this towards you, it is a very serious subject to me.

All produce works to varied degrees, period.

Either one's works will be corrupt, twisted, manipulative, and for the material benefit of the person who does them, for a time, or one's works will be for the benefit of those in need regardless of attainment for self whatsoever. And I'm not talking about your occupation that you use to sustain material existence within society. Everything one does is a work. Those who think Faith alone without any products coming from that Faith whatsoever, are not following what is taught by the Word of GOD. Even a quadriplegic can pray fervently and have great Faith. Anyone can be sincere and being sincere towards the salvation made available through Jesus the Christ consist of actually following the command of GOD. If you truly love a thing you will gladly, without hesitation, do any and everything within your power to show that love.

If all one can muster is an hour or two a week to show their love to others than the one they "love", then maybe it's more of a crush as opposed to real love. If I love a thing, I love it at all times, in every situation, anxious to show that love to them that they might know of it and it's validity and substance and depth.

Respectfully, with humility; peace

Last edited:

Robert Pate

Banned
I agree that it is Faith alone.

All throughout scriptures it is reiterated that those who really believe will act as if they believe in all ways, at all times, in every case. Anything less isn't utter Faith. To believe a thing and take it seriously (which all "Christians" should) is to behave as if it is factual, not as if it is some social fad, or keeping up appearances. Faith alone indeed is the basis for works that are produced of that Faith. How can one observe the Faith or lack there of but by their works? Lip service isn't Faith.

Christ shows us the way. The lamb without blemish gave the perfect example. He died on the cross as sin though He was without fault. He paid for our sin that we might by his righteousness. If the Christ defeated sin, and we claim to be Christians who know Christ and accept him as our savior then how can one blatantly go against all that is written, and all that is imparted through the conscience? The fact is that most are blind to their own folly by way of misplaced pride, and arrogance.

I'm sorry, I'm not attacking you; I'm not really even directing this towards you, it is a very serious subject to me.

All produce works to varied degrees, period.

Either one's works will be corrupt, twisted, manipulative, and for the material benefit of the person who does them, for a time, or one's works will be for the benefit of those in need regardless of attainment for self whatsoever. And I'm not talking about your occupation that you use to sustain material existence within society. Everything one does is a work. Those who think Faith alone without any products coming from that Faith whatsoever, are not following what is taught by the Word of GOD. Even a quadriplegic can pray fervently and have great Faith. Anyone can be sincere and being sincere towards the salvation made available through Jesus the Christ consist of actually following the command of GOD. If you truly love a thing you will gladly, without hesitation, do any and everything within your power to show that love.

If all one can muster is an hour or two a week to show their love to others than the one they "love", then maybe it's more of a crush as opposed to real love. If I love a thing, I love it at all times, in every situation, anxious to show that love to them that they might know of it and it's validity and substance and depth.

Respectfully, with humility; peace

I agree with you. The Gospel of Jesus Christ calls for holy living and demands our total obedience to his word.

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
>Go to first page of thread made by Robert Pate
>Hit Ctrl+F, type 'Calvin'
>15 matches

You should keep count, Pate. Have you hit a 100 yet? :chuckle:

Crucible

BANNED
Banned

Not really.
The believe in faith and works, it's just that the Church loved to be oppressively strict and, today, they'll forgive you for pretty much anything if you sign up.

You aren't going to find many Catholics, at all, really living up to archaic Catholicism :rolleyes:

Robert Pate

Banned
Not really.
The believe in faith and works, it's just that the Church loved to be oppressively strict and, today, they'll forgive you for pretty much anything if you sign up.

You aren't going to find many Catholics, at all, really living up to archaic Catholicism :rolleyes:

Not according to the Council of Trent.

"If anyone says that Jesus Christ was given by God to men as a redeemer in whom to trust and not a legislator whom to obey, let him be anathema".