Limited Atonement Means Limited Faith

Robert Pate

Banned
The first thing I sang at church today was "He is Lord"!! I had a big smile on my face thinking about you Pate.

If you really believed that he is Lord, then you would believe that he is the savior of the whole world, John 12:47 also 1 John 2:2.

Lip service is worthless.

Robert Pate

Banned
Paul said if you don't believe the Jesus he preached then you don't believe in the real Jesus, and as such CANNOT be saved by a false or incomplete understanding of who and what Jesus did.

Jesus died for ALL sin to reconcile ALL men to God. That is factual and has ALREADY been accomplished. Salvation is agreeing with that fact and accepting Jesus as our savior. It's pretty simple and basic.

AMEN!

Cruciform

My question:
"Will every individual human being---past, present, and future---be saved, yes or no?"

Salvation has been provided for all by the doing and the dying of Jesus. Everyone has the opportunity to stand before God in the judgment as justified, based upon the life, death and resurrection of Christ. However, NOTHING is ours until we receive it, John 1:12.
I'll take that as a "no," that is, not every individual will be saved. Therefore, the atonement accomplished for all men by Christ will ultimately only be actually applied to some men. In this specific sense, then, you do in fact hold to a limited application of the atonement, do you not?

Gaudium de veritate,

Cruciform
+T+

fishrovmen

Paul said if you don't believe the Jesus he preached then you don't believe in the real Jesus, and as such CANNOT be saved by a false or incomplete understanding of who and what Jesus did.

Jesus died for ALL sin to reconcile ALL men to God. That is factual and has ALREADY been accomplished. Salvation is agreeing with that fact and accepting Jesus as our savior. It's pretty simple and basic.

The same "Paul" who wrote Galatians 1:9.

Robert Pate

Banned
I'll take that as a "no," that is, not every individual will be saved. Therefore, the atonement accomplished for all men by Christ will ultimately only be actually applied to some men. In this specific sense, then, you do in fact hold to a limited application of the atonement, do you not?

Gaudium de veritate,

Cruciform
+T+

No, Jesus has victoriously defeated sin, death and the devil for all men, Hebrews 2:9.

However, it is not yours if you don't receive it.

Cruciform

No, Jesus has victoriously defeated sin, death and the devil for all men...
...but the number of men to whom that universal atonement will actually be applied is limited, as you've already affirmed. Therefore, the atonement is indeed limited in its actual scope. In this sense, you yourself hold to a "limited atonement."

Gaudium de veritate,

Cruciform
+T+

beloved57

Limited Atonement is a Gospel Truth, its the L in Tulip ! If we reject Limited Atonement, We reject the Gospel of Gods Grace in Christ !

Robert Pate

Banned
Limited Atonement is a Gospel Truth, its the L in Tulip ! If we reject Limited Atonement, We reject the Gospel of Gods Grace in Christ !

You have probably just condemned yourself.

To say that Jesus did not atone for the sins of the world is to say that Jesus is NOT Lord.

Robert Pate

Banned
...but the number of men to whom that universal atonement will actually be applied is limited, as you've already affirmed. Therefore, the atonement is indeed limited in its actual scope. In this sense, you yourself hold to a "limited atonement."

Gaudium de veritate,

Cruciform
+T+

HOGWASH!

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
If Robert is your regula fidei, you should study him more carefully...
Robert denies imperfect men could write a perfect book, and the book (the Bible) was never intended to be a book to live by, he has little concerns about the consequences of his behavior. After all, Robert has an easy way out:
Robert views the churches we attend as but whores:
http://www.theologyonline.com/forums/showthread.php?p=4287177#post4287177
Taking all of what Robert posts and forming it into a summary would result in something along these lines...

I, Robert Pate, believe all Calvinists are lost, hate Roman Catholics, hate religion, deny the infallibility and inerrancy of Scripture, deny the Bible is a book to live by, am within my right to question the infallibility of the book of James, Acts, and any other book that disagrees with my views, deny the notion of eternal punishment in Hell in favor of psychopannychia (soul-sleep), deny Adam's sin bears any connection to my sinful nature from birth, deny my faith came by God alone and not by any single thing related to my own abilities to come to said faith. Moreover I refuse to attend any visible vestige of the Lord's Bride for corporate worship, placing myself under its ordained leadership, nor give myself access to the ordinary means of grace by Word and Sacrament.​

PJ, of course you are free to hitch your wagon to Robert's, but I pray you take the time to know where it is headed.

AMR

ahh i read that just now. hhmmmm. thanks, some of his yak sounded good on the surface. i appreciate a heads up - i admit i once toyed with the idea that men messed it up, because i would have it seems. i know better now, that God's Word Is complete and infallible -

thank you for taking the time -