Let's talk about the soul

Prizebeatz1

It's commonly believed the soul is a part of us but we are not a part of it. Where does it say this? Is it possible that the soul is our true identity? Could it be the Lamb of God who takes away the sins of the world because we don't have to identify with the sinful part of us once we know the soul? Could the soul be salvation in itself? Is it possible we have judged the soul as sinful and therefore inadvertently turned our back on God? If the soul is not one with God, then why is it considered to be eternal? Is it merely coincidence that the soul is born pure of a virgin, miraculous, rejected and buried yet still lives?

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Could the soul be salvation in itself?

Nope.

Nor is there salvation in any other, for there is no other name under heaven given among men by which we must be saved.
(Acts 4:12 NKJV)​

We are saved by grace through faith toward God, not by bootstrap philosophy.

Jesus said, "Do not fear those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. But rather fear Him who is able to destroy both soul and body in hell." (Matthew 10:28 NKJV)

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
a lot of misinformation in the opening post

our soul is part of God
our soul is who we are
our soul is not eternal
the existence of our soul will end with the second death
if
we choose not to love God and our neighbor

Ben Masada

It's commonly believed the soul is a part of us but we are not a part of it. Where does it say this? Is it possible that the soul is our true identity? Could it be the Lamb of God who takes away the sins of the world because we don't have to identify with the sinful part of us once we know the soul? Could the soul be salvation in itself? Is it possible we have judged the soul as sinful and therefore inadvertently turned our back on God? If the soul is not one with God, then why is it considered to be eternal? Is it merely coincidence that the soul is born pure of a virgin, miraculous, rejected and buried yet still lives?

Let's talk about the soul means the same as let's talk about ourselves. Soul means person; the composition of body with the breath of life which the Lord breathed into man's nostrils when He formed man from the dust of the earth and man became a living soul. That's in Genesis 2:7. At death, when the body goes back to the dust, the breath of life returns to HaShem Who gave it. That's when the combination of body with the breath of life is undone and soul ceases to exist. (Eccles. 12:7) As a footnote, when the Lord breathed the breath of life into man's nostrils, man became a living soul. To become is to be; not to have. It means we don't have a soul; we are souls.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
It's commonly believed the soul is a part of us but we are not a part of it. Where does it say this? Is it possible that the soul is our true identity? Could it be the Lamb of God who takes away the sins of the world because we don't have to identify with the sinful part of us once we know the soul? Could the soul be salvation in itself? Is it possible we have judged the soul as sinful and therefore inadvertently turned our back on God? If the soul is not one with God, then why is it considered to be eternal? Is it merely coincidence that the soul is born pure of a virgin,

?:confused: miraculous, rejected and buried yet still lives?

:idunno:

genuineoriginal

Let's talk about the soul means the same as let's talk about ourselves. Soul means person; the composition of body with the breath of life which the Lord breathed into man's nostrils when He formed man from the dust of the earth and man became a living soul. That's in Genesis 2:7. At death, when the body goes back to the dust, the breath of life returns to HaShem Who gave it. That's when the combination of body with the breath of life is undone and soul ceases to exist. (Eccles. 12:7) As a footnote, when the Lord breathed the breath of life into man's nostrils, man became a living soul. To become is to be; not to have. It means we don't have a soul; we are souls.

Yes.

Prizebeatz1

Too many people have misunderstood the soul including the authors of the Bible. The misunderstanding comes from the INTERPRETATION of the scriptures which comes from man. The soul is the eternal and infinite part of us. I'm not stuck on using the word soul because I respect the fact that different people might want to call it something else. I choose to use the word soul because I was brought up Catholic and this is what they refer to as the eternal part of us.

With this being said, the truth is that man does not define the soul. The soul defines man. Because the soul is one with God it is eternal and infinite. It cannot be reduced to anything less without reducing God in the same way. The traditional interpretation is that Jesus grants salvation. This is based on the premise that God is not already everywhere. God is not separate from salvation. Then how is it that if Jesus is God, anyone can be separate from salvation?

genuineoriginal

The soul is the eternal and infinite part of us. I'm not stuck on using the word soul because I respect the fact that different people might want to call it something else. I choose to use the word soul because I was brought up Catholic and this is what they refer to as the eternal part of us.
The Catholics that taught you are wrong about the soul, since the soul is not eternal.

Matthew 10:28
28 And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.​

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
The soul is the eternal and infinite part of us.

Yes, I've read that.

Then the serpent said to the woman, "You will not surely die." (Genesis 3:4 NKJV)​

The word "surely" also means die. The serpent said, "You will not die die" meaning you won't die twice.

False Prophet

The soul is you! Gen 2:7
And God formed the man out of the dust of the ground, and he breathed into his nostrils the breath of life, and the man came to be a living soul.

RBBI

Hi....If I may interject......The soul is the "you" part of the equation, as we are spirit, soul, and body. The soul is comprised of 4 parts that correspond with the 4 corners of our earth-en vessel (He calls them in from the four corners of the earth to be centered in Christ the Seed), and are meant to be laid on the altar (make of yourselves a living sacrifice), tied to the 4 corners of it with cords of love (no greater love hath any man than....) which cannot be broken.

The four parts also correspond to chambers of the natural heart; they are the mind, will, emotions, and desires. They also correspond to the four rivers in Genesis, that by the end of the processing of man by HaShem, become one again, in Him.

At death, the soul that did not overcome all things through the Seed, stays trapped by what it did not overcome until the Savior comes. The spirit returns to the One who gave it. The separation of soul and spirit is as a "divorce" of an unfaithful wife.

The soul is feminine in nature, and like a womb reproduces whatever seed is planted in it. The spirit is male in nature because the Spirit plants the Seed. See Matt. 13 parable of the wheat and the tares for understanding. The tares (bad seed) was planted when the man slept. Adam was put to sleep by HaShem but you cannot find where He woke Him up until Yeshua came, which was prophesied by Isaiah for one, Awake and Christ will give you light.

Eve was representative of the covering of Adam's stony heart (calcium is a stony mineral), and HaShem brought it out so Adam could see what it looked like face to face, like looking into a mirror. Same principle in Deut. 7 He told the Israelites He took them out into the wilderness (of sin) so they could see what was in their hearts. This is why the Tabernacle of Moses, the pattern we are to look to compare spiritual things, had chambers (same word as rib).

And this is why Yeshua was pierced in His ribs to His heart, so that the rib HaShem removed, could return to it's place as the cleansed covering for His heart (Yeshua's virgin bride/soul). I could go on and on, as I've studied this thoroughly over 30 years, but this is the condensed version. Peace

Last edited:

RBBI

What then is the source of a person's self-worth?

My 2 cents.....Our TRUE identity is HID IN Christ. Self-worth is a man-made term that means nothing. Paul said he counted ALL THINGS as dung, that he might win Christ. He also told us to reckon ourselves dead. Dead men don't possess self-worth. We die so that He can live through us; He consumes us, as we sup with Him He sups with us. Sup means to consume; mortality swallowed up of life, HIS life.

All good things come from above, from the Father of lights. It goes against the grain of the worldly thought to count everything as nothing, except Christ, but that is exactly the mindset we are to have, and will have, when He has finished the processing.

I remember the day that I realized as a spiritual truth, that all is vanity, and that truly it would have been better if I had never been born (Eccles.). BECAUSE: we can do NOTHING without Him, and all the things we do through our soulish power and abilities before we come to this realization, has done nothing that was not self based, and therefore brought no lasting spiritual worth. We cannot add one cubit to our stature (the stature of Christ within us), by taking thought (our ways are not His ways, His ways are much higher than our ways). Therefore, as many as are led by the Spirit, they are the sons of HaShem.

But again, understand that the soul is the "you" part of the equation. You are a spirit, who has a soul, that lives in a body. The first Adam was a soul that had life (the life of the spirit), but the last Adam is a life GIVING spirit. One receives, the other gives. This is the core difference, and essentially the basis of the female/male relationship as well, as designed by HaShem. The natural always witnesses spiritual truth because it can do nothing else but that. It's like a mirror. Peace

Prizebeatz1

What if the path to the soul required giving up everything including all our beliefs? What would we make of it then? What were to happen if we let go? Isn't the very act of holding on evidence that we are avoiding something? What is that something we are avoiding? Could it be emptiness? Have we bitten of the forbidden fruit and judged this emptiness as bad? Have we formulated beliefs to help us avoid this emptiness? What were to happen if we let go of our beliefs and felt this emptiness in its entirety? What if one day we realized this emptiness is part of us? What if it we realized it is part of what is infinite and eternal? What if we realized we were accidentally avoiding God and rejecting the part of us that is one with God and his unsurpassable peace? What if the way to God were to go into the emptiness? What if there was an underlying fear running our lives keeping us holding on to our beliefs in order to avoid facing the infinite and eternal part of ourselves that we judged as bad because of the feelings of emptiness? What if unconditional self-worth is found in the infinite and eternal part of ourselves? Could we actually replace it with something else? Would we have the need to depend on to something outside of us for self-worth? Is real, pure, unconditional everlasting love and self-worth inherent in our true identity or does it depend on something we have to do, like believe in something for instance?

RBBI

What if the path to the soul required giving up everything including all our beliefs? What would we make of it then? What were to happen if we let go? Isn't the very act of holding on evidence that we are avoiding something? What is that something we are avoiding? Could it be emptiness? Have we bitten of the forbidden fruit and judged this emptiness as bad? Have we formulated beliefs to help us avoid this emptiness? What if this emptiness were part of us? What if it were part of what is infinite and eternal? What if we were accidentally avoiding God and rejecting the part of us that is one with God? What if there was an underlying fear running our lives keeping us holding on to our beliefs in order to avoid facing the infinite and eternal part of ourselves? What if unconditional self-worth was to be found in the infinite and eternal part of ourselves? Could we actually replace it with something else?

I may or may not be following your line of reasoning here, so bear with me, if I'm not. We were all created with a HaShem size hole, for lack of a better description. Nothing else will fit. All the programs, self-improvement methods, ideologies don't mean squat, because they all have the same source: carnally minded men.

Man tries to improve himself from the outside in because that's all he has access to. HaShem on the other hand, makes us better from the inside out, because only He can change the heart. And He laid out the Person, the Plan, and the Pattern on how He intends to accomplish this change. We can either realize it straight away and follow the Shepherd of our soul up to the mountaintop like an obedient sheep, or we can continue to try to do it in some form of man's way, and like the goat, continue to go around and around and around the mountain, digging ourselves a deeper and deeper rut. The choice is ours.

My advice is: pick up the Plan, get to know the Person via RELATIONSHIP not religion (all religion is based on one man's glimpse of Him, but a glimpse is not a relationship it's a one night stand), and study the Pattern therein, that you might be conformed into His image. Peace

Prizebeatz1

I may or may not be following your line of reasoning here, so bear with me, if I'm not. We were all created with a HaShem size hole, for lack of a better description. Nothing else will fit. All the programs, self-improvement methods, ideologies don't mean squat, because they all have the same source: carnally minded men.

Man tries to improve himself from the outside in because that's all he has access to. HaShem on the other hand, makes us better from the inside out, because only He can change the heart. And He laid out the Person, the Plan, and the Pattern on how He intends to accomplish this change. We can either realize it straight away and follow the Shepherd of our soul up to the mountaintop like an obedient sheep, or we can continue to try to do it in some form of man's way, and like the goat, continue to go around and around and around the mountain, digging ourselves a deeper and deeper rut. The choice is ours.

My advice is: pick up the Plan, get to know the Person via RELATIONSHIP not religion (all religion is based on one man's glimpse of Him, but a glimpse is not a relationship it's a one night stand), and study the Pattern therein, that you might be conformed into His image. Peace

Thanks for the advice. I get your basic message. I do agree that fulfillment is from the inside. I had it in reverse for a long time because I didn't know any better. I was following someone else's plan instead of my own due to unconscious peer pressure and I was too proud to admit that I could have made a mistake. Boy did I learn my lesson.

Prizebeatz1

If God is everywhere then what merit are the words "No one goes to the Father except through me?" Wouldn't that presume that God the Father is not everywhere already? Is it more likely that the words are about a man named Jesus or is it more likely they point to the infinite expansive nature of the soul?

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Thanks for the advice. I get your basic message. I do agree that fulfillment is from the inside. I had it in reverse for a long time because I didn't know any better. I was following someone else's plan instead of my own due to unconscious peer pressure and I was too proud to admit that I could have made a mistake. Boy did I learn my lesson.

Very well, so now you follow your own plan ?