ECT Lets talk about how God views the Ungodly

nikolai_42

Ok...I'm pretty sure He doesn't view them that way.

Judge not according to the appearance, but judge righteous judgment.
John 7:24

But the Lord said unto Samuel, Look not on his countenance, or on the height of his stature; because I have refused him: for the Lord seeth not as man seeth; for man looketh on the outward appearance, but the Lord looketh on the heart.
I Samuel 16:7

And if this is about children, wouldn't it be better for us all to stay as children if the Kingdom of God belongs to such as these?

nikolai_42

Why? You got an inside track on things like that? Don't believe those people are saved?

That's the whole point...I don't. All that was in the OP was pictures of smiling (Siberian?) children. That they are laughing and playing makes them no more nor less likely to be saved than a child anywhere else in the world. The issue is that there is nothing in the photographs that allows us to judge righteously. Nothing.

Aren't we supposed to?[/YELLOW]

Depends. Do you mean we shouldn't mature but stay in all respects as children? If so, my answer is no. Were that true, then there might be a case to be made that a child as it is is assumed to be saved...and then loses its salvation at some point in time (?). At least we could assume that they get draw away from God as they mature. That would mean we could judge according to appearances...

As it happens, I was meditating some on that verse recently and I realized that one of the things that makes a child seem closer to the kingdom is their ability to move on and not have to justify themselves. If they are given a gift, they accept it and treat it as their own. So when it comes to forgiveness, a child's ability to get past something and forget it is remarkable. Whereas the older one gets, the more one tends to want to justify one's self and not treat a gift as a gift. So once forgiven, the adult tends to want to repay that forgiveness to make things square. Forgiveness of sins implies a debt far larger than we can ever hope to repay - so trying to do so means we are trying to approach God in our own righteousness. A child doesn't try to do that.

That said, there is still foolishness and self bound up in the heart of a child. That behavior is only a type of what the child of God looks like.

Cross Reference

That's the whole point...I don't. All that was in the OP was pictures of smiling (Siberian?) children. That they are laughing and playing makes them no more nor less likely to be saved than a child anywhere else in the world. The issue is that there is nothing in the photographs that allows us to judge righteously. Nothing.

There love for their animals is all we need to see that expresses their loving dispositions, don't you think? -- I guess not. What more do you think they need for salvation?

Depends. Do you mean we shouldn't mature but stay in all respects as children? If so, my answer is no. Were that true, then there might be a case to be made that a child as it is is assumed to be saved...and then loses its salvation at some point in time (?). At least we could assume that they get draw away from God as they mature. That would mean we could judge according to appearances...

Seems you can't get off the subject of salvation. Don't you believe there is more to God and Jesus then just getting saved, you meaning more to him than just escaping hell??

As it happens, I was meditating some on that verse recently and I realized that one of the things that makes a child seem closer to the kingdom is their ability to move on and not have to justify themselves. If they are given a gift, they accept it and treat it as their own. So when it comes to forgiveness, a child's ability to get past something and forget it is remarkable. Whereas the older one gets, the more one tends to want to justify one's self and not treat a gift as a gift. So once forgiven, the adult tends to want to repay that forgiveness to make things square. Forgiveness of sins implies a debt far larger than we can ever hope to repay - so trying to do so means we are trying to approach God in our own righteousness. A child doesn't try to do that.

That said, there is still foolishness and self bound up in the heart of a child. That behavior is only a type of what the child of God looks like.

Again, the issue of salvation. I don't get it when the Bible is filled with so much more of what God is after from His creation AFTER they get redeemed.

nikolai_42

There love for their animals is all we need to see that expresses their loving dispositions, don't you think? -- I guess not. What more do you think they need for salvation?

Surely you're not suggesting someone's affinity and affection for furry creatures suggests the love of God and resulting pleasing of God...I knew someone who was about as ungodly as you could imagine but had a soft spot for animals.

Seems you can't get off the subject of salvation. Don't you believe there is more to God and Jesus then just getting saved, you meaning more to him than just escaping hell??

Again, the issue of salvation. I don't get it when the Bible is filled with so much more of what God is after from His creation AFTER they get redeemed.

You brought up the issue of the ungodly. Unless a man can be Godly and unsaved, that has to be the first issue to address. It's merely a starting point. If that isn't fulfilled, then it doesn't matter how nice someone is to their animals...

Cross Reference

Surely you're not suggesting someone's affinity and affection for furry creatures suggests the love of God and resulting pleasing of God...I knew someone who was about as ungodly as you could imagine but had a soft spot for animals.

Where did they live? Did he live where this people lived?

What do you believe is needed for their salvation given God has revealed Himself to them in so many ways that they demonstrate it through their kindnesses and care for their animals and each other?

You brought up the issue of the ungodly. Unless a man can be Godly and unsaved, that has to be the first issue to address. It's merely a starting point. If that isn't fulfilled, then it doesn't matter how nice someone is to their animals...

Where did I bring up the issue of the "ungodly"?

Do you believe they were unrighteous as well as ungodly? Your should consider Abraham's spiritual condition before God called him, before you answer.

Cross Reference

Well, that's just silly. People grow up and begin to choose to do what they know is wrong. I don't care where they live or how they're "trained".

Silly, you say? You speak about what you can only suppose about people simply because they are people irrespective of the conditions the grew up under and how they had to perform in order to survive. You presume to judge what is only in the purview of God. How dare you.

Right Divider

Body part
Silly, you say? You speak about what you can only suppose about people simply because they are people irrespective of the conditions the grew up under and how they had to perform in order to survive. You presume to judge what is only in the purview of God. How dare you.
Oh, the irony!

glorydaz

Well, that's just silly. People grow up and begin to choose to do what they know is wrong. I don't care where they live or how they're "trained".

Did I say anything about "how they had to perform" or anything that even came close to "judging". Please tell me you at least attempt to read someone's post before you try and respond.

God created everyone with a conscience. It doesn't matter where they live, because God can see into their heart. So stop posting if you can't keep from letting your stupidity bubble over like that.

It's really no wonder nobody can have a discussion with you. :loser:

glorydaz

I know a dark place where you can store your "irony", sonny jim. You got something you want to share, share it. Personally, I don't believe you have a clue where to begin.

I have an idea.....leave ECT and go post in The REST with Artie and friends. You and he are two peas in a pod.