ECT Learning about the Futurist interpretation

Lon

The body of Christ would be all believers today. The body will be caught away, as Paul says.

"your confirmed belief" about the first resurrection is completely false.

The passage that I showed you explains what the first resurrection is:

Rev 20:4-6 KJV And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years. (5) But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection. (6) Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.

Take off your blinder and read it like it says. They were people that had been murdered and were alive again in the millennial kingdom.
Patience for these things brother. Anyone that doesn't know one thing, doesn't know another. For the most part, many of us in church grew up being told not to worry about it, "it'll happen, then you'll know." The problem with that is 1) some of us are/were far behind on eschatology and 2) that we weren't reading our bibles well (Jesus gave purposeful instructions about future events).

Such left us woefully behind and some still need to catch up (my two cents).

In this, it'd be helpful, I think, to explain with bullets or numbers thus:

1) Apostles (Disciples), martyrs and priests raised.
2) Gentiles not raised until the 1000 years (whenever it starts).
3) Jesus returns
4) Second resurrection of everybody else (or however any particular group sees this).

It helps me in my understanding, and it helps me convey a bit clearer (the rest of my four cents).

In Him -Lon

Right Divider

Body part
OK, so what is your justification, within this passage, that allows you to do that?
Common sense.

The Bible uses TONS of idiotic expressions, metaphors, similes, plays on words, generalizations, etc. etc. etc.

I never said that so, no. Is your criteria for those who reign with Christ for 1000 years that they all have in common that they went through the great tribulation?
No

You don't need to convince me of blessing in the kingdom. We are in agreement about most of that except for the timing.

But, in this passage you have quoted, Jesus tells specific members of His following, including Peter, that they will sit on only 12 thrones and judge Israel. Does this mean that they will return so they can go through the great tribulation? and if there are only 12 thrones, does this mean there will only be 12 of them?
He says 12... so yes it's 12.

12 thrones for 12 apostles of 12 tribes.... do you see a pattern there?

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Common sense.

The Bible uses TONS of idiotic expressions, metaphors, similes, plays on words, generalizations, etc. etc. etc.

No

He says 12... so yes it's 12.

12 thrones for 12 apostles of 12 tribes.... do you see a pattern there?
:think: God likes the number 12...

Reactions: Lon