Sherman

I identify as a Christian
Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Persephone66
Why is the homosexual act worthy of the death penalty?

Romans 1:27,32
27And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.
32Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them.​

Truth smacking doesn't get any better than this. The Bible is always right.:up:

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Truth smacking doesn't get any better than this. The Bible is always right.:up:

Don't you guys think it would be wise to reinstate criminal laws against homosexuality before you start talking about putting them to death? (Based on the amount of people, including so-called Christians, that accept homosexuality as a legitimate lifestyle, criminalization is a long ways off).

genuineoriginal

Don't you guys think it would be wise to reinstate criminal laws against homosexuality before you start talking about putting them to death? (Based on the amount of people, including so-called Christians, that accept homosexuality as a legitimate lifestyle, criminalization is a long ways off).

:nono:

You are as bad as they are in misunderstanding the issue.

It is our duty as Christians to remind everyone that homosexual acts are worthy of death in the eyes of God in order to get them to repent.

If that truth becomes understood by enough people, then the reinstatement of criminal laws against homosexual acts will soon follow.

Under no circumstances are we to try to hasten things by doing any physical harm to a homosexual.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER

I understand that homosexuality is an abomination because it perverts what God had made man and woman for. No misunderstanding here.

It is our duty as Christians to remind everyone that homosexual acts are worthy of death in the eyes of God in order to get them to repent.

Unrepentant sinners are all worthy of death in the eyes of God. The question is: Does the death penalty for homosexuals fall under God's universal moral laws, or under Jewish ceremonial laws (kind of like executing those that don't observe the Sabbath).
http://www.myjewishlearning.com/lif.../About_Death_and_Mourning/Death_Penalty.shtml

If that truth becomes understood by enough people, then the reinstatement of criminal laws against homosexual acts will soon follow.

For some odd reason I don't think the heavy handed approach leads more people to Christ (i.e. they can sit in jail and repent and change their sinful lifestyle here on earth, but they can't very well do it at the end of a hangman's rope).

Under no circumstances are we to try to hasten things by doing any physical harm to a homosexual.

I know all about vigilante so-called "justice" and how it leads to anarchy and eventual tyranny.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
(i.e. they can sit in jail and repent and change their sinful lifestyle here on earth, but they can't very well do it at the end of a hangman's rope).
They can do it while they sit in a jail cell awaiting the end of a hangman's rope.

Persephone66

BANNED
Banned
Yet you still asked the question knowing how I would respond.
:wave2:
I knew somebody going to quote fiction, just next time can it be something more well written?
For some odd reason I don't think the heavy handed approach leads more people to Christ (i.e. they can sit in jail and repent and change their sinful lifestyle here on earth, but they can't very well do it at the end of a hangman's rope).
Where such a law to be put in place, this would not be a concern for me. They wouldn't take myself or my partner alive. More to the point, we both agreed that should this happen, we are going hunt down those responsible and deal with them and anyone else that gets in the way.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
I knew somebody going to quote fiction, just next time can it be something more well written?

Where such a law to be put in place, this would not be a concern for me. They wouldn't take myself or my partner alive.

You and your "partner" are spiritually dead already P66.

More to the point, we both agreed that should this happen, we are going hunt down those responsible and deal with them and anyone else that gets in the way.

Bring it on.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TqwLIzcHgAM&feature=related

Ted L Glines

Maybe not. Rumor has it that a current congressional committee is preparing a bill to be voted upon soon. It began as a bill to make homosexuality a crime punishable by death. Since the scriptural source was archaic, the new law will feature death by stoning. In order to get the opposing party's cooperation, a second controversial preference was added to the bill, and congress will choose one of them to be made illegal with punishment by being stoned to death. The second crime chosen was bigotry. Some lawmakers are fearing that bigotry may win the vote. We may know later this week when both houses are in session following their 46th recess this year.

Ya'll keep your fingers crossed :banned:

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
My partner owns, among other things, a Barrett .50 cal. Knows how to use it too. She was a US Army Airborne Ranger. Got anything that will stop a .50 cal?

Yep.

d9ab908e4eacaedb7bc5642a0f68e810.jpg

Sherman

I identify as a Christian
Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I saw the reports in the wood shed. You now understand why I have the guy on block. He's a pest.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Maybe not. Rumor has it that a current congressional committee is preparing a bill to be voted upon soon. It began as a bill to make homosexuality a crime punishable by death. Since the scriptural source was archaic, the new law will feature death by stoning. In order to get the opposing party's cooperation, a second controversial preference was added to the bill, and congress will choose one of them to be made illegal with punishment by being stoned to death.

Link your source please.

The second crime chosen was bigotry. Some lawmakers are fearing that bigotry may win the vote. We may know later this week when both houses are in session following their 46th recess this year.

I'm not sure what you mean by this statement. If you're talking about what amounts to putting a leash on a wild dog, then reinstating laws against sodomy (specifically aimed at homosexuals, who spread AIDS and STD's like wild dogs that create havoc on a civilized society), would be "intolerant".

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

You do understand that our society is too advanced to ever take such a huge step back and criminalize the act of homosexuality, correct?

Thankfully, we are past living in the Dark Ages.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
That won't even slow it down.

"It"? "It", as in slow your "it" boyfriend/girlfriend (whatever fags are calling their signifcant other these days) down?

Tell me, how many of them would still be protecting the likes of you after the government commits such an atrocity?

If you're calling the reinstation of sodomy (i.e. decency) laws an "atrocity", then you're wrong.

I'll address Kett with my argument against the death penalty for homosexuals.

Status
Not open for further replies.