Sherman

I identify as a Christian
Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Hi to all and I have many OP'S as to why Israel was set aside ,

God married Israel in Exodus

God divorced Israel in Jer 3:8 and gave Israel a Bill of Divorce .

Then Jehovah sent John the Baptist to get Israel to be CLEANSED/BAPTIZED , but resisted .

John's message was " the Kingdom of Heaven is at HAND ".

John's Baptism was to prepare the Nation of Israel for the coming Kingdom .

But they KILLED their Messiah , so what happened to that Kingdom .

The disciples in Acts 1:6 , when Jesus in verse 3 was explaining and speaking of the things pertaining to the Kingdom of God , his disciples asked Jesus , Lord , wilt thou at this time restore the Kingdom to Israel ?

In Acts 2:1-4 , got a taste of what Acts 1:5 was told to them .

What is written in Acts 3:19-20 was to be Israel's last opporunty to REPENT ,

Verse 19 reads , " You change your minds , or Repent , therefore and be reformed for your sins to be Blotted out , so that the times of refreshing may come from Face of the Lord .

Refreshing means a time of RESTORATION .

But in verse 20 , IF ISRAEL would Repent , " And He may send Jesus Christ , the One Having Been Proclaimed Before to you "

#1, " May send " is in the Greek Subjuncative Mood of Possibility .

#2 , " having been proclaimed " is the correct translation because it is a participle .

#3 , It is in the Greek Passive Voice and means that God will do it and not man .

#4 , It is in the Greel Perfect Tense , which means Past Action with Continuing Results and the results will happen in the Second Coming .

And in verse 21 , " until the time of Restoration which is the 1000 reign of Christ begins .

It is obviouly that Christ did not come back and Israel has been Temporarlly set aside , until the time of the Gentiles be come in .

This means no Temple and no Jewish Priests doing the service and blood sacrifices in Jerusalem , dan p

This fellow is pretty new to TOL and yet no one has recognized him for his brilliant posts. He has an in depth knowledge of the Bible and theology that just puts me to shame. One's typing doesn't have to be perfect for the post to be stunning. The imperfect typing is a clue he did this himself instead of copying and pasting. The content is what makes the post stunning. Dan P keep up the good work. I enjoy your posts and learn a lot from them. Don't be discouraged when people put you down for your threads. You definitely have a gift here and are a wonderful addition to TOL.

Status
Not open for further replies.