Kett's SPOTD 05/27/2013 Trad Presents a Scholarly Argument

Sherman

I identify as a Christian
Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
The baseball metaphors somehow don't fit Traditio with this scholarly post. This was written on the 24th, but I am still making it my post of the day. Someday Trad will be looking back and shaking his head wishing that this post didn't come true.
The justification for homosexuality seems to be like this:

So long as two parties consent to the sexual act, then the sexual act is OK and should be legal. Marriage is about the consent of the two parties, and that's all that matters. People should do whatever pleases them, so long as they aren't hurting anyone.

That's about it, right?

Some cases:

1. Bestiality. It might seem as though bestiality doesn't fall under the above criteria, since an animal can't consent. That said, we do things to animals all the time without their consent. We own them. We buy them. We sell them. We kill them and make clothing out of them. We kill them and eat them. We dissect them. We test cosmetics and other things on them.

As a general rule, we don't require an animal's consent for anything. Why should sex be any different? All that should matter in this case is the consent of the human being, which is present whenever he commits an act of bestiality.

2. Incest. Consent is present.

3. Polygamy. Consent is present.

4. Prostitution. Consent is present.

If homosexuality is OK and homosexual "marriage" should be legalized, then why not these other things?
Well done Traditio. :thumb: