Kett's pick 1/25/2013 - Tambora out guns the Lovebug

Sherman

I identify as a Christian
Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Quite an excellent piece of debating. Lovebug is out gunned my a mile.

Quote:
<table border="0" cellpadding="5" cellspacing="0" width="100%"><tbody><tr><td class="alt2" style="border:1px inset"> Originally Posted by Lovebug
You call me an idiot
</td></tr></tbody></table>
Truth is truth.
Quote:
<table border="0" cellpadding="5" cellspacing="0" width="100%"><tbody><tr><td class="alt2" style="border:1px inset"> Originally Posted by Lovebug
Why do you ask me that, when you want them dead?
It's quite simple (except for idiots).

You say Paul wants them delivered over to be punished.
I say Paul wants them delivered over to be punished.

I told why I think they should be punished, and what mode of punishment the verse implies.

You say why they should be punished ....
Quote:
<table border="0" cellpadding="5" cellspacing="0" width="100%"><tbody><tr><td class="alt2" style="border:1px inset"> so they would learn to not blaspheme </td></tr></tbody></table>
..... but have yet to tell what mode of punishment should happen to them.

So, just what mode of punishment is it that Satan uses to teach one not to blaspheme?

Quote:
Not me, not Wile, or anyone ELSE who knows the truth on this was EVER speaking of perfecting, through the law of moses! You are guilty of what you judged me for, when it is YOU and your ilk that wants to judge people by the flesh/law!

It has nothing to do with the law of moses, that is long gone.

First, I never said Paul wanted them punished by the law of Moses. That's you being subtil.

Second, blasphemy was in the law of Moses.
If it's gone, then why is Paul suggesting a blasphemer should be punished?

See how you distort the bible?
Paul said nothing about them being handed over to Satan for blasphemy, but for fornication.
You always try to change the terms of scripture so as to distort it in order for it to fit your agenda.
Very subtil of you, but the faithful are not deceived by it.
Quote:
Quote:
<table border="0" cellpadding="5" cellspacing="0" width="100%"><tbody><tr><td class="alt2" style="border:1px inset"> Originally Posted by Tambora
For salvation, any sin condemns.

But for society to be orderly, some sins have a more severe penalty. Otherwise society would run amuck.

Where is that written? It is not even the way of the old covenant. Sin was sin; break one, guilty of all. (Old covenant)

Your biblical illiteracy is showing again.
The law of the old covenant DID require that some be put to death for certain sins, but not others.

Quote:
The only penalty for the second death in the new covenant is UNBELIEF.
And there you go again, foolish woman, inserting punishment of the "second death" into a conversation where it is not even being discussed.
Quote:
Who gave you the right to say one sin is more abhorable than another? Self righteouss hyopocrites!
Since none were without sin, why does Paul not suggest they all be handed over to Satan instead of just those that were committing a gross fornication?

And why do YOU think those that have committed that particular sin should be kicked out, unless YOU also thought it was justifiable to do so (but not kicking out all sinners as well)?

Rules:
No whining
No debating.
No inappropriate tagging -they will be deleted.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Thanks, Inzl Kett.
I'm honored.
smiley-greet009.gif

Sherman

Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Posts removed because they violate rules set forth in the OP.

Last edited by a moderator:

Lovebug

Well chosen!
Lovebug does not debate. She pontificates!

No, I speak the truth; and others make it a pontification.

I could care less if you believe the truth I speak. YOU will have your own judgement day. I am not your judge.

Sherman

Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Lovebug--this is your first warning--this thread is not for debate. Please take the debate to a debate thread. There are plenty of them on the forum.

Lovebug

warnings from mere men, again.

Oh well, shoot me.

;)

Some of us who are believers are not bound by rules of men, when truth should be spoken. Now, get out your big gun and ban me for breaking your man made rule.

See if I care.....:ha:

john w

Hall of Fame
Some of us who are believers are not bound by rules of men, when truth should be spoken. Now, get out your big gun and ban me for breaking your man made rule.

"rules of men'"-LostBug

"man made rule"-LushBug

Should we be bound by the rules of women? Women made rules?

Oh yes...

"man made apostacy"-LushBug

In contrast to "God made" apostacy.

Sober up, you trafficer of sophistry, and man hater.

john w

Hall of Fame

"See if I care..ha"-LushBug, aka Dora the Explorer

Nah, nah, nah, nah, nah......

She thinks someome is always trying to gyp her out of her Twinkies. "LOL...wink...ha..hogwash...baloney...."

Sherman

Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

Do you enjoy being in the timeout chair? Maybe the board will have some peace and quiet.

trapper

BANNED
Banned
Do you enjoy being in the timeout chair? Maybe the board will have some peace and quiet.

Hi Inzl,

This is Jan, (lovebug), using my husband's account. I just wanted to say, 'no'..putting people in time out does not change their minds about anything. We all go with our own conscience, and as I have tried to explain to you and others, trying to get people to repent by banishing them, is childish. I have realized I should of never come to this board. I will never fit in here. I will never be accepted as a Christian by those who use childish tactics to try to force others to change their perspectives, etc.

You have said that this is Knight's board and he has a right to his own rules. I fully agree, but I do not have to agree with those rules and you do not have to think that banning me is going to make me change my mind, or cause me to feel repentant, etc.

I do not regret one thing I have said on this board, and now, it is time for me to go.

I send you all godspeed, and hope that you all do well in your studies.

God bless, and goodbye,
Jan

john w

Hall of Fame
Hi Inzl,

This is Jan, (lovebug), using my husband's account. I just wanted to say, 'no'..putting people in time out does not change their minds about anything. We all go with our own conscience, and as I have tried to explain to you and others, trying to get people to repent by banishing them, is childish. I have realized I should of never come to this board. I will never fit in here. I will never be accepted as a Christian by those who use childish tactics to try to force others to change their perspectives, etc.

You have said that this is Knight's board and he has a right to his own rules. I fully agree, but I do not have to agree with those rules and you do not have to think that banning me is going to make me change my mind, or cause me to feel repentant, etc.

I do not regret one thing I have said on this board, and now, it is time for me to go.

I send you all godspeed, and hope that you all do well in your studies.

God bless, and goodbye,
Jan

"it is time for me to go. I send you all godspeed, and hope that you all do well in your studies.God bless, and goodbye,"-LostBug

Translated:It is not time for her to go, and she does not hope that we do well in our studies, and she will be back under another name, perhaps "WoundedSoul," "cuz" she does not like us meanies to pull her hair on the playground, and gyp her out of her blow pops.

Mount your horse, head on out of Dodge, and close the door on your way out. "LOL...wink....sigh...."

Nang

TOL Subscriber
Hi Inzl,

This is Jan, (lovebug), using my husband's account.

This was her biggest mistake in my book, for it revealed a propensity to lie. Her resorting to such deception revealed an addictive personality.

She lost all credibility with me during that episode.

A ban has no effect when one has a reserve account, through which they can still post.

Nang