Keep Old Testament Or New Testament-Not Both

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Read your New Testament:

John 5:39 New Revised Standard Version (NRSV)
39 “You search the scriptures because you think that in them you have eternal life; and it is they that testify on my behalf.

I said
lol You should search the scriptures. And by the way, the word scriptures is NOT in the old testament.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I said
lol You should search the scriptures. And by the way, the word scriptures is NOT in the old testament.

So you are saying that the Old Testament is not the Scriptures? Sad, very sad. Seems that Jesus and the Apostles thought the Old Testament were the Scriptures.

Matthew 21:42 Jesus said to them, “Have you never read in the Scriptures: ‘The stone which the builders rejected Has become the chief cornerstone. This was the Lord’s doing, And it is marvelous in our eyes’?

Matthew 22:29 Jesus answered and said to them, “You are mistaken, not knowing the Scriptures nor the power of God.

Matthew 26:54 How then could the Scriptures be fulfilled, that it must happen thus?”

Matthew 26:56 But all this was done that the Scriptures of the prophets might be fulfilled.” Then all the disciples forsook Him and fled.

Mark 12:24 Jesus answered and said to them, “Are you not therefore mistaken, because you do not know the Scriptures nor the power of God?

Mark 14:49 I was daily with you in the temple teaching, and you did not seize Me. But the Scriptures must be fulfilled.”

Luke 24:27 And beginning at Moses and all the Prophets, He expounded to them in all the Scriptures the things concerning Himself.

Luke 24:32 And they said to one another, “Did not our heart burn within us while He talked with us on the road, and while He opened the Scriptures to us?”

Luke 24:44 [ The Scriptures Opened ] Then He said to them, “These are the words which I spoke to you while I was still with you, that all things must be fulfilled which were written in the Law of Moses and the Prophets and the Psalms concerning Me.”

Luke 24:45 And He opened their understanding, that they might comprehend the Scriptures.

John 5:39 You search the Scriptures, for in them you think you have eternal life; and these are they which testify of Me.

Acts 17:2 Then Paul, as his custom was, went in to them, and for three Sabbaths reasoned with them from the Scriptures,

Acts 17:11 These were more fair-minded than those in Thessalonica, in that they received the word with all readiness, and searched the Scriptures daily to find out whether these things were so.

Acts 18:24 [ Ministry of Apollos ] Now a certain Jew named Apollos, born at Alexandria, an eloquent man and mighty in the Scriptures, came to Ephesus.

Acts 18:28 for he vigorously refuted the Jews publicly, showing from the Scriptures that Jesus is the Christ.

Romans 1:2 which He promised before through His prophets in the Holy Scriptures,

Romans 15:4 For whatever things were written before were written for our learning, that we through the patience and comfort of the Scriptures might have hope.

Romans 16:26 but now made manifest, and by the prophetic Scriptures made known to all nations, according to the commandment of the everlasting God, for obedience to the faith—

1 Corinthians 15:3 For I delivered to you first of all that which I also received: that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures,

1 Corinthians 15:4 and that He was buried, and that He rose again the third day according to the Scriptures,

2 Timothy 3:15 and that from childhood you have known the Holy Scriptures, which are able to make you wise for salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus.

2 Peter 3:16 as also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things, in which are some things hard to understand, which untaught and unstable people twist to their own destruction, as they do also the rest of the Scriptures.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
So you are saying that the Old Testament is not the Scriptures? Sad, very sad. Seems that Jesus and the Apostles thought the Old Testament were the Scriptures.

Matthew 21:42 Jesus said to them, “Have you never read in the Scriptures: ‘The stone which the builders rejected Has become the chief cornerstone. This was the Lord’s doing, And it is marvelous in our eyes’?

Matthew 22:29 Jesus answered and said to them, “You are mistaken, not knowing the Scriptures nor the power of God.

Matthew 26:54 How then could the Scriptures be fulfilled, that it must happen thus?”

Matthew 26:56 But all this was done that the Scriptures of the prophets might be fulfilled.” Then all the disciples forsook Him and fled.

Mark 12:24 Jesus answered and said to them, “Are you not therefore mistaken, because you do not know the Scriptures nor the power of God?

Mark 14:49 I was daily with you in the temple teaching, and you did not seize Me. But the Scriptures must be fulfilled.”

Luke 24:27 And beginning at Moses and all the Prophets, He expounded to them in all the Scriptures the things concerning Himself.

Luke 24:32 And they said to one another, “Did not our heart burn within us while He talked with us on the road, and while He opened the Scriptures to us?”

Luke 24:44 [ The Scriptures Opened ] Then He said to them, “These are the words which I spoke to you while I was still with you, that all things must be fulfilled which were written in the Law of Moses and the Prophets and the Psalms concerning Me.”

Luke 24:45 And He opened their understanding, that they might comprehend the Scriptures.

John 5:39 You search the Scriptures, for in them you think you have eternal life; and these are they which testify of Me.

Acts 17:2 Then Paul, as his custom was, went in to them, and for three Sabbaths reasoned with them from the Scriptures,

Acts 17:11 These were more fair-minded than those in Thessalonica, in that they received the word with all readiness, and searched the Scriptures daily to find out whether these things were so.

Acts 18:24 [ Ministry of Apollos ] Now a certain Jew named Apollos, born at Alexandria, an eloquent man and mighty in the Scriptures, came to Ephesus.

Acts 18:28 for he vigorously refuted the Jews publicly, showing from the Scriptures that Jesus is the Christ.

Romans 1:2 which He promised before through His prophets in the Holy Scriptures,

Romans 15:4 For whatever things were written before were written for our learning, that we through the patience and comfort of the Scriptures might have hope.

Romans 16:26 but now made manifest, and by the prophetic Scriptures made known to all nations, according to the commandment of the everlasting God, for obedience to the faith—

1 Corinthians 15:3 For I delivered to you first of all that which I also received: that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures,

1 Corinthians 15:4 and that He was buried, and that He rose again the third day according to the Scriptures,

2 Timothy 3:15 and that from childhood you have known the Holy Scriptures, which are able to make you wise for salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus.

2 Peter 3:16 as also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things, in which are some things hard to understand, which untaught and unstable people twist to their own destruction, as they do also the rest of the Scriptures.

I said
lolololol Where do all them scriptures come from?? There all new testament. Once it is written in the new testament they are scriptures.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I said
That is what I'm telling you. The context is that it is scripture only because it is now written in the new testament.

Wrong. What I'm telling you is that it was considered scripture before the New Testament was written.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Wrong. What I'm telling you is that it was considered scripture before the New Testament was written.

I said
lololol Why did they miss their chance to call it that? I know what you want it to say. Just like all the other stuff you want it to say. But that is your problem. You see I have the Holy Spirit and He guides me with, don't think beyond what is written, and don't add one thing to the verses or take one thing away from the verses.

[1Co 4:6
6 Now these things, brethren, I have figuratively transferred to myself and Apollos for your sakes, that you may learn in us not to think beyond what is written, that none of you may be puffed up on behalf of one against the other.

[Rev 22:18-19
18 For I testify to everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this book: If anyone adds to these things, God will add to him the plagues that are written in this book;
19 and if anyone takes away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part from the Book of Life, from the holy city, and [from] the things which are written in this book.

That's why you can believe in the trinity doctrine and I cant. You filter the truth through your imagination. I had to get rid of my imagination.

[2Co 10:5
5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I said
lololol Why did they miss their chance to call it that? I know what you want it to say. Just like all the other stuff you want it to say. But that is your problem. You see I have the Holy Spirit and He guides me with, don't think beyond what is written, and don't add one thing to the verses or take one thing away from the verses.

[1Co 4:6
6 Now these things, brethren, I have figuratively transferred to myself and Apollos for your sakes, that you may learn in us not to think beyond what is written, that none of you may be puffed up on behalf of one against the other.

[Rev 22:18-19
18 For I testify to everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this book: If anyone adds to these things, God will add to him the plagues that are written in this book;
19 and if anyone takes away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part from the Book of Life, from the holy city, and [from] the things which are written in this book.

That's why you can believe in the trinity doctrine and I cant. You filter the truth through your imagination. I had to get rid of my imagination.

[2Co 10:5
5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

Squeaky, Buy yourself a New Testament and be done with it. You do not need the Old Testament.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Squeaky, Buy yourself a New Testament and be done with it. You do not need the Old Testament.

I said
I know. But there are so many that still worship in the flesh, like they done in the old testament. Like the relationship between God and satan.

[Job 1:6-8
6 Now there was a day when the sons of God came to present themselves before the LORD, and Satan also came among them.
7 And the LORD said to Satan, "From where do you come?" So Satan answered the LORD and said, "From going to and fro on the earth, and from walking back and forth on it."
8 Then the LORD said to Satan, "Have you considered My servant Job, that [there is] none like him on the earth, a blameless and upright man, one who fears God and shuns evil?"