Banned
Originally posted by brother Willi

Billy, you dont get it.

im not sayin their right

im sayin

THE BELIEVE THEY HAVE JUST CAUSE

JUST CAUSE

isnt that your battle cry Billy?

Then we'll let bombs and missles settle it.

Gerald

Resident Fiend
Originally posted by Dread Helm

1 Samuel 15:18
and the LORD sent you on a mission, and said, 'Go and utterly destroy the sinners, the Amalekites, and fight against them until they are exterminated.'

Do you disbelieve GOD or only believe Christ's Words?
Too bad the Christians won't take that verse to heart when dealing with unbelievers.

They might actually accomplish something if they would...

brother Willi

Originally posted by Gerald

Save your energy, Willi; your plaintive entreaties fall upon deaf ears.

Power is all that BB and people like him understand; power, money and violence.

Those thing are, after all, the true driving forces in the world...
most likely true.

but i dont post just for him to read

BillyBob

BANNED
Banned
Originally posted by Gerald

Save your energy, Willi; your plaintive entreaties fall upon deaf ears.

Power is all that BB and people like him understand; power, money and violence.

Those thing are, after all, the true driving forces in the world...

You know better than that, Gerald. We have had enough conversations that you have absolutely no reason to misrepresent me in such a way. :down:

BillyBob

BANNED
Banned

why?

to give you a reason to start war?

the only way to win a war, is to deny a war:D

You mean, 'The only way to avoid war is to allow yourself to be conquered'.

brother Willi

Originally posted by BillyBob

You mean, 'The only way to avoid war is to allow yourself to be conquered'.

NOPE
and
YEP

what did the Jews want?
a military messiah?

what did they get?

smeone who said be a good slave.

but you dont see that

Gerald

Resident Fiend
You know better than that, Gerald. We have had enough conversations that you have absolutely no reason to misrepresent me in such a way. :down:
I'm the Resident Fiend. It's what I do. :D

Certainly you're not going to deny that power, money and violence are the true driving forces in the world, are you?

If so, you give human beings a lot more credit than I do...

BillyBob

BANNED
Banned

NOPE
and
YEP

what did the Jews want?
a military messiah?

what did they get?

smeone who said be a good slave.

but you dont see that

The US isn't a Jewish state, maybe you should run your peacenik suggestions by the Israeli's and see what they say?

Gerald

Resident Fiend

The US isn't a Jewish state, maybe you should run your peacenik suggestions by the Israeli's and see what they say?
Well, the Israelis are a bunch of savages, anyway. As if they needed an excuse to knife somebody...

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

You, why would I kill your dog?
You really don't get it do you billy bob. Well er um:think: neither do I ,I guess but that's just beside the point. Jesus never talked about killing your dog now did he.

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

Billy, you dont get it.

im not sayin their right

im sayin

THE BELIEVE THEY HAVE JUST CAUSE

JUST CAUSE

isnt that your battle cry Billy?
Did sombody say beleiving in your cause makes it just? Having a just cause makes it just you dinnger!

philosophizer

NOPE

im not ashamed odf the old west in the USA

it was a different time.
i hope one day you join me in the New

BrotherWilli, please! That is an utterly miserable analogy.

You're saying that Jesus is not ashamed of God in the Old Testament just as you are not ashamed of the "old west" in America.

So by that reasoning, America either did no wrong in the 1800's or God used to make mistakes in the Old Testament.

Please, either rethink your position or come up with a better argument cuz that one doesn't work.

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Originally posted by philosophizer

So by that reasoning, America either did no wrong in the 1800's or God used to make mistakes in the Old Testament.
I guess the anger management class paid off!

Chileice

The fact is someone has to back down for wars to end. Jesus was willing to back down and was the Saviour of mankind. That was his victory. I know that very few can see self-sacrifice as a means to an end, but it has worked rather dramatically in the few cases it was used: early Christians, Ghandi, Martin Luther King, Jr. But most people, Christians included, want no part of a plan that might include self-sacrifice. If the imps that run governments actually went out on the battlefield, like they did in the beloved OT now that might be a different story. But nowdays when Saddaam and George send waves of impressionable youth to do their dirty work it is just a curse on humanity.

I know some of Willi's metaphors are strange and I know he is fired up on this issue to the point he is getting to sound like a one-tune trumpet, but he is saying some things most of you are REFUSING to hear. It is not that you are not capable of hearing, you are unwilling to entertain the thought that the mightiest of nations might be the nation that becomes servant of all.

Does it sound far-fetched? Of course it does, because the enemies are real and we can't imagine them backing down so we keep upping the stakes. But someday, maybe in the lifetime of you younger folks, you may see the demise of America, that her very constant use of power may be what brings the wrath of the nations against her. Just like what happens to school bullies. Someday the wimp gets enough and laces the bully right back.

Proverbs 15.1 might work just as well for nations as it does for individuals. But we will never know as long as we live in denial about Jesus' pacifist way of dealing with people. Were that not the case he would not have suffered "with this sinful and adulterous generation" but would have brought it to a ringing halt. Instead he went to a cold cruel cross as a common criminal to die for the very idiots he came to save... like you and me. Praise God he didn't chose violence but rather chose to be violated (not in the sexual sense) for you and me.

I know I am also going to fall on deaf ears but I cannot help but think Willi is a bit like the prophet crying out in the wilderness and everyone else is plugging their ears and running screaming at the top of their lungs so as no to have to listen.

BillyBob

BANNED
Banned
Hint:

The terrorists aren't gonna back down.

Hint #2:

We better not back down either or else we will all end up dead or speaking Arabic.

However Chileice, you might look good in a burka.........

brother Willi

Originally posted by Chileice

The fact is someone has to back down for wars to end. Jesus was willing to back down and was the Saviour of mankind. That was his victory. I know that very few can see self-sacrifice as a means to an end, but it has worked rather dramatically in the few cases it was used: early Christians, Ghandi, Martin Luther King, Jr. But most people, Christians included, want no part of a plan that might include self-sacrifice. If the imps that run governments actually went out on the battlefield, like they did in the beloved OT now that might be a different story. But nowdays when Saddaam and George send waves of impressionable youth to do their dirty work it is just a curse on humanity.

I know some of Willi's metaphors are strange and I know he is fired up on this issue to the point he is getting to sound like a one-tune trumpet, but he is saying some things most of you are REFUSING to hear. It is not that you are not capable of hearing, you are unwilling to entertain the thought that the mightiest of nations might be the nation that becomes servant of all.

Does it sound far-fetched? Of course it does, because the enemies are real and we can't imagine them backing down so we keep upping the stakes. But someday, maybe in the lifetime of you younger folks, you may see the demise of America, that her very constant use of power may be what brings the wrath of the nations against her. Just like what happens to school bullies. Someday the wimp gets enough and laces the bully right back.

Proverbs 15.1 might work just as well for nations as it does for individuals. But we will never know as long as we live in denial about Jesus' pacifist way of dealing with people. Were that not the case he would not have suffered "with this sinful and adulterous generation" but would have brought it to a ringing halt. Instead he went to a cold cruel cross as a common criminal to die for the very idiots he came to save... like you and me. Praise God he didn't chose violence but rather chose to be violated (not in the sexual sense) for you and me.

I know I am also going to fall on deaf ears but I cannot help but think Willi is a bit like the prophet crying out in the wilderness and everyone else is plugging their ears and running screaming at the top of their lungs so as no to have to listen.

Chileice:thumb:
thank you, and God bless you:)

we must remember
most of the Jews were waiting for a Messiah that will kick some Roman hind end
they got this guy talkin about peace, forgiving,told them to be good slaves, trust in God , etc.

the Jews blew it, they listened to the high priests.

the high preists killed our Messiah

and today, Christians have made Jesus into the Roman killer the Jews wanted