Just Signed Up.

Daniel1611

Hello, all.

My name is Dan. I'm 25 years old and I live in a small town in western PA. I wrote some about me in my profile, but I'll restate some info here and expand a little. I'll keep it short.

I grew believing in Jesus. My parents taught me the basic Christian narrative and I always believed it in a casual way. Growing up, my family was never real into doctrinal details or going to church very often, although we did occasionally, and I has a great Sunday school teacher as a child who taught me Bible stories. A wonderful lady who went to be with the Lord a few years ago.

Later on in life I started playing bass then guitar in rock n roll and blues bands. I became addicted to drugs and deeply involved in mysticism and the occult. Then about a year ago, my life fell apart, I began treatment for my opiate addiction (sober for 1 year now) and became a believer in Jesus Christ.

Basically overnight my mind changed all of a sudden. Out of nowhere I believed in the Lord and believed in the Bible. And for the past year I have been studying the Bible and I am now very much interested in learning and understanding as much Biblical doctrine as possible. I believe the Bible is the inerrant word of God, written by holy men who were inspired to do so by the Holy Spirit, and that God has preserved his word for us. I believe the King James Version of the Bible is the superior English translation and that it is without error.

Coming to the Lord without a background in theology, I just began reading the Bible and believing what it said. I reject any and all unbiblical doctrines regardless of who teaches or preaches them, and I believe the Bible is the clear and final source for all matters of doctrine.

Thank you to anyone who read this, and I hope we can have some deep and civil discussions sometime soon.

You're brother in Christ,

Dan.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Hello, all.

My name is Dan. I'm 25 years old and I live in a small town in western PA. I wrote some about me in my profile, but I'll restate some info here and expand a little. I'll keep it short.

I grew believing in Jesus. My parents taught me the basic Christian narrative and I always believed it in a casual way. Growing up, my family was never real into doctrinal details or going to church very often, although we did occasionally, and I has a great Sunday school teacher as a child who taught me Bible stories. A wonderful lady who went to be with the Lord a few years ago.

Later on in life I started playing bass then guitar in rock n roll and blues bands. I became addicted to drugs and deeply involved in mysticism and the occult. Then about a year ago, my life fell apart, I began treatment for my opiate addiction (sober for 1 year now) and became a believer in Jesus Christ.

Basically overnight my mind changed all of a sudden. Out of nowhere I believed in the Lord and believed in the Bible. And for the past year I have been studying the Bible and I am now very much interested in learning and understanding as much Biblical doctrine as possible. I believe the Bible is the inerrant word of God, written by holy men who were inspired to do so by the Holy Spirit, and that God has preserved his word for us. I believe the King James Version of the Bible is the superior English translation and that it is without error.

Coming to the Lord without a background in theology, I just began reading the Bible and believing what it said. I reject any and all unbiblical doctrines regardless of who teaches or preaches them, and I believe the Bible is the clear and final source for all matters of doctrine.

Thank you to anyone who read this, and I hope we can have some deep and civil discussions sometime soon.

Dan.

Nice opening post!

Daniel1611

Thank you. And maybe just a stupid question, but I cannot find a button to add a picture to my profile like you guys have your picture that shows on the left when you make a comment. And also, is my chat box not working or does it take a certain period of time to be permitted to use it?

JosephR

Thank you. And maybe just a stupid question, but I cannot find a button to add a picture to my profile like you guys have your picture that shows on the left when you make a comment. And also, is my chat box not working or does it take a certain period of time to be permitted to use it?

welcome, and look in your profile edit for avatar options, I think you might have to be 2 weeks before you add a pic tho, I am not quite sure..

again welcome,hope to talk soon

Joe

PureX

Hello, all.

Dan.
As a friend of Bill W., myself, I am very happy to hear of your recovery! And welcome to TOL.

Daniel1611

Thanks for the greetings, all.

IMJershua, I use the 1769 KJV, as opposed to the 1611, which are identical except for the updated spelling and punctuation in the 1769 version. I find the KJV to be the best because 1. It is translated from the Textus Receptus, and 2. It is the inerrant preserved word of God in English. As opposed to the modern versions (like the NIV, ESV, etc) which are not based on TR and which are not inerrant.

fishrovmen

Welcome Daniel,

Wish I was living in your end of the state, I'm a big Steelers, Penguins fan. I'm stuck in the East, Eagles, Phillies, Flyers country.
Welcome to TOL.

IMJerusha

Thanks for the greetings, all.

IMJershua, I use the 1769 KJV, as opposed to the 1611, which are identical except for the updated spelling and punctuation in the 1769 version. I find the KJV to be the best because 1. It is translated from the Textus Receptus, and 2. It is the inerrant preserved word of God in English. As opposed to the modern versions (like the NIV, ESV, etc) which are not based on TR and which are not inerrant.

Textus Receptus is not an ancient manuscript but is, in fact, translated from the KJV 1611, the 1611 being a revision of the Bishop's Bible of 1568.
Also, if you laid your 1769 side by side with your 1611, you'd find out that there's a whole lot more difference than just punctuation and spelling.
For a well rounded instruction in Scripture, we should read as many translations as we can comparatively and the translators of the 1611 said this in their preface.

I do want you to feel welcome here at TOL but I'm sort of touchy around KJVOs. There's just no point to that stumbling block and as a young Christian, you need to understand that is exactly what it is, dismissing the ability of the Ruach to lead a believer in righteousness through whatever Scripture He desires. We ought not grieve the Ruach. Your testimony is awesome. Move forward in faith and submission to God, not man.

Last edited:

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
Hello, all.

Dan.

A warm welcome to yuh, thanks for a great testimony.