Judas Goats At Home

WeberHome

Re:

Re:

have fun in hell

What's the matter with you talking to people like that?

"Let your conversation be always full of grace, seasoned with salt." (Col 4:6)

Grace can be defined as kind, courteous, inclined to good will, generous, charitable, altruistic, compassionate, sympathetic, thoughtful, cordial, affable, genial, sociable, cheerful, warm, sensitive, hospitable, considerate, and tactful.

The purpose of salt is to enhance flavor and make otherwise naturally insipid and/or bad-tasting things palatable. In other words: salt is diplomacy; which can be roughly defined as conversation that makes an effort to maintain peace rather than provoke conflict and/or annoy people and make them uncomfortable.

Col 4:6 is not a suggestion: it's an order.

"If any man think himself to be a prophet, or spiritual, let him acknowledge that the things that I write unto you are the commandments of The Lord." (1Cor 14:37)
_

WeberHome

what's the matter with you talking to me like that?

Well; your profile identifies your religious affiliation as Christian; which apparently means little more to you than the logo on a team sports tee shirt. You cheer for Christianity like a fan up in the bleachers while not actually on the team as a player.
_

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
rather, i am indwelt with the HS and recognize that guyver is a troll, uninterested in following Christ or hearing the Good Word

so i shake the dust from my feet as a testimony, figuratively

as for you, i have no idea if you're a real Christian or a pretend Christian

WeberHome

Re:

Re:

i am indwelt with the HS and recognize that guyver is a troll, uninterested in following Christ or hearing the Good Word. so i shake the dust from my feet as a testimony, figuratively

You would do well to be a bit more circumspect with your choice of words when dialoguing with people online. The world is watching.

The word "always" doesn't indicate part time, it indicates full time.

Not only is the world watching, but the lord and master of Christianity is watching too.

"If you love me, you will obey what I command." (John 14:15)

BTW: According to Gal 5:22-23 the fruit of the Holy Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Thus far your conduct on this forum has failed to exemplify a single one of those attributes.
_

WeberHome

Sorry, Weber, I don't recognize the HS in you either

You owe Guyver a "sorry" for the way you've been talking to him.

And you should also apologize to Christ for insubordination.

BTW: Emoticons such as the :sigh: are annoying, and Christ's followers should avoid them.

"If it is possible, as far as it depends on you, live at peace with everyone." (Rom 12:18)

"Let us therefore make every effort to do what leads to peace" (Rom 14:19)
_

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber

You owe Guyver a "sorry" for the way you've been talking to him.

And you should also apologize to Christ for insubordination.

BTW: Emoticons such as the :sigh: are annoying, and Christ's followers should avoid them.

"If it is possible, as far as it depends on you, live at peace with everyone." (Rom 12:18)

"Let us therefore make every effort to do what leads to peace" (Rom 14:19)
_
Should Jesus have apologized for being rude to the Pharisees and lawyers?

Guyver

BANNED
Banned

You would do well to be a bit more circumspect with your choice of words when dialoguing with people online. The world is watching.

The word "always" doesn't indicate part time, it indicates full time.

Not only is the world watching, but the lord and master of Christianity is watching too.

BTW: According to Gal 5:22-23 the fruit of the Holy Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Thus far your conduct on this forum has failed to exemplify a single one of those attributes.
_

There are plenty of people around here who say they are Christians but they obviously don’t follow the Bible or the instructions of Jesus himself. It’s like reverse spiritual phariseeism. They judge and condemn others as if their judgements or condemnations mean anything at all except to demonstrate their faults.

PS. Remember when you mentioned having difficulty logging in here? It’s still happening to me. It’s like the button pushers are keeping us locked out just to make it fair.

Arthur Brain

There are plenty of people around here who say they are Christians but they obviously don’t follow the Bible or the instructions of Jesus himself. It’s like reverse spiritual phariseeism. They judge and condemn others as if their judgements or condemnations mean anything at all except to demonstrate their faults.

PS. Remember when you mentioned having difficulty logging in here? It’s still happening to me. It’s like the button pushers are keeping us locked out just to make it fair.

People who talk about others suffering in their version of "hell" or make glib comments about having fun there rarely exhibit anything resembling love for their fellow man. Ironic in some senses as those they routinely dismiss to such wouldn't do the same in turn. Considering the history and etymology of "hell" it's hardly surprising that even fundamentalist Christianity can't agree on the specifics either.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
People who talk about others suffering in their version of "hell" or make glib comments about having fun there rarely exhibit anything resembling love for their fellow man. Ironic in some senses as those they routinely dismiss to such wouldn't do the same in turn. Considering the history and etymology of "hell" it's hardly surprising that even fundamentalist Christianity can't agree on the specifics either.
I have never done that. I know that I could be right there with them in hell. I have never felt superior to anyone just because I believe in Jesus Christ and ALL that He stands for.

Guyver

BANNED
Banned

It’s pretty much the worst thing about Christianity IMO. It just makes the entire religion so questionable IMO. To simultaneously attempt to claim that God is love and that he would intentionally create a place of torment to keep people alive forever in a state of agonizing suffering. Now that I’m out of religion it seems crazy to me, but like so many around here, I used to believe it myself. It’s amazing what religious indoctrination can do to the minds of people.

I wouldn’t put my worst enemy in hell for any length of time, let alone keep them alive in a state of agonizing torture forever, it’s evil just to think about....IMO. When one combines this with the idea that God is omnipotent, it’s easy to see how unnecessary that doctrine is except for one thing.

Fear.

Fear is an amazing power and control mechanism. The Nazis used it to perfection last century. If God were “angry” with the “wicked” he could handle that problem easily. He could simply make all those people nonexistent.

Arthur Brain

It’s pretty much the worst thing about Christianity IMO. It just makes the entire religion so questionable IMO. To simultaneously attempt to claim that God is love and that he would intentionally create a place of torment to keep people alive forever in a state of agonizing suffering. Now that I’m out of religion it seems crazy to me, but like so many around here, I used to believe it myself. It’s amazing what religious indoctrination can do to the minds of people.

I wouldn’t put my worst enemy in hell for any length of time, let alone keep them alive in a state of agonizing torture forever, it’s evil just to think about....IMO. When one combines this with the idea that God is omnipotent, it’s easy to see how unnecessary that doctrine is except for one thing.

Fear.

Fear is an amazing power and control mechanism. The Nazis used it to perfection last century. If God were “angry” with the “wicked” he could handle that problem easily. He could simply make all those people nonexistent.

Bear in mind that the doctrine of eternal suffering of any sort is hardly truth incarnate and a lot of the early church didn't ascribe to it from the original texts either, the last part specifically:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lake_of_fire

Fundamentalism and similar "religious" takes on things like "hell" and the "lake of fire" don't delve into how the history of how such translations and doctrines came about. I used to be in such a church and "hell" varied from being burned through eternity to being alone with no comforts to a combination of both and else.

That same church hardly taught anything regarding the original manuscripts or languages and how such were translated. I agree with you on the other. I wouldn't wish agonised suffering on anybody and certainly not relentlessly and unremittingly. You'd need to be an absolute psychopath, devoid of any sort of love to wish that on someone.

Love says otherwise.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
If God were “angry” with the “wicked” he could handle that problem easily. He could simply make all those people nonexistent.

Oh? If it were that easy, why didn't he just make non-existent all the people in the world whom he destroyed in the flood?

Why didn't He annihilate Israel? Or Sodom and Gomorrah? He wiped them off the face of the earth, why just make it so that they were non-existent instead? Or Cain? Or Adam and Eve? Start from scratch?

It's because doing something like that is not possible.

Guyver

BANNED
Banned
Oh? If it were that easy, why didn't he just make non-existent all the people in the world whom he destroyed in the flood?

Why didn't He annihilate Israel? Or Sodom and Gomorrah? He wiped them off the face of the earth, why just make it so that they were non-existent instead? Or Cain? Or Adam and Eve? Start from scratch?

With God all things are possible, that’s Bible I believe.

Anyway, regarding your other points...some may be true and some not. The Jews were pretty well annhilated by the Romans, and the Nazis made a run at it.

Regarding the destruction of the wicked...firstly, everyone dies. What happens after that is not known. If a person needed to be annhilated I believe God could do that as easily as I squish a snail with a brick. They become nonexistent in about one hundredth of a second, except for a little pile of goo that dries out and blows away in the wind.

Arthur Brain

Where do you get your understanding of "hell" from JR? You, as a human, stating what's possible for a loving God is to be taken seriously, why?