John Calvin's Nazi God.

Status
Not open for further replies.

God's Truth

What I shared stands, and there is more to discuss/research concerning free will, foreknowledge and predestination :) - Like to stay on topic dear,....there is enough dovetailing on the forum here as it is ;) - and yes.....the thread-title description is pretty spot on :thumb:

You stand out as someone no Christian will listen to seriously. I am just trying to help you. I was very close to someone in my life with your beliefs, and I was not yet old enough and wise enough to help further. That person has passed on many years ago.

Is there a reason your 'visitor messages' area is turned off? - I think its a nice feature, to expand dialogue on :)

I disabled it because people were giving me hateful messages.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
You stand out as someone no Christian will listen to seriously. I am just trying to help you. I was very close to someone in my life with your beliefs, and I was not yet old enough and wise enough to help further. That person has passed on many years ago.

I have a great audience of so called 'Christians' and many others thank you, who are open to exploring new realms of reality and possibilities. Remember,...that reality you call 'God', is INFINITE ;)

God's Truth

I have a great audience of so called 'Christians' and many others thank you, who are open to exploring new realms of reality and possibilities. Remember,...that reality you call 'God', is INFINITE ;)

Do you know what Jesus means by entering through the gate?

Robert Pate

Banned
Back to your OP. You say that John Calvin's God is a Nazi God, and I say your God who condemns people for obeying Him is worse.

Works and obedience have nothing to do with salvation, Romans 4:5.

We are saved and justified by faith in Christ and his Gospel. The reason that it is by faith is because, "All have sinned and come short of the glory of God" Romans 3:23. You have no righteousness that God will accept. What you need is the righteousness of Christ, Romans 3:26.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Do you know what Jesus means by entering through the gate?

Of course, there is one Door to the Father, thru the living Christ :) - one may differ of course on how they define, nuance and contextualize such a statement, metaphysically speaking. Spirit is Life. Indeed.

I'm quite aware of your intent here based on some presuppositions of yours to ask one so liberal as myself,..and thats ok too, since each person is at a different place of perception and insight along the spiritual path. While I do not limit myself to the Bible alone in my religious studies or spiritual practice (having discovered too much to confine myself unnecessarily thereby),...we may have more in common than you suppose :)

God's Truth

Works and obedience have nothing to do with salvation, Romans 4:5.

We are saved and justified by faith in Christ and his Gospel. The reason that it is by faith is because, "All have sinned and come short of the glory of God" Romans 3:23. You have no righteousness that God will accept. What you need is the righteousness of Christ, Romans 3:26.

Hahahaha The ceremonial/purification works...did you HEAR THAT? The PURIFICATION WORKS used to do what? What were they? Duh, they were works that people used to do to purify themselves.

We do not have to do THOSE works anymore, but we still have to obey. You are what Peter and James say, 2 Peter 3:16, James 2:20.

God's Truth

Of course, there is one Door to the Father, thru the living Christ :) - one may differ of course on how they define, nuance and contextualize such a statement, metaphysically speaking. Spirit is Life. Indeed.

I'm quite aware of your intent here based on some presuppositions of yours to ask one so liberal as myself,..and thats ok too, since each person is at a different place of perception and insight along the spiritual path. While I do not limit myself to the Bible alone in my religious studies or spiritual practice (having discovered too much to confine myself unnecessarily thereby),...we may have more in common than you suppose :)

You are as the thief who does not come by the gate.

You are as the adulterer to a jealous God.

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
We still have to obey.
Yes, we have to obey according to whom the Lord Himself ordained, and according to whom they subsequently ordained, and this sacrament of Holy Orders has continued unendingly from then til today. John 15:16 (KJV) We do not have to obey what you or anybody else who isn't in full communion with the Church's bishops (1P5:1KJV) teach, or even what we ourselves think the Scripture says. The superseding principle is that there is a nonfictional flesh-and-blood college of Church bishops whose primary duty is oversight (episcope) which includes teaching on matters of faith and morals. Their beginnings is recorded in the New Testament and they exist to this day. They are the Lord's choice.

God's Truth

Yes, we have to obey according to whom the Lord Himself ordained, and according to whom they subsequently ordained, and this sacrament of Holy Orders has continued unendingly from then til today. John 15:16 (KJV) We do not have to obey what you or anybody else who isn't in full communion with the Church's bishops (1P5:1KJV) teach, or even what we ourselves think the Scripture says. The superseding principle is that there is a nonfictional flesh-and-blood college of Church bishops whose primary duty is oversight (episcope) which includes teaching on matters of faith and morals. Their beginnings is recorded in the New Testament and they exist to this day. They are the Lord's choice.

Hahahaha I only speak about what the scriptures say, unlike your priests.

We have to obey Jesus, as what is written in the Holy Bible.

God's Truth

If you're a member of the Body of Christ, they are your priests too.
Jesus says to listen to His ordained, not to you or your take on Sacred Scripture.

All the saved are priests! You have no understanding because you went to men to get saved instead of to Jesus Christ.

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
All the saved are priests! You have no understanding because you went to men to get saved instead of to Jesus Christ.
You know, you and AMR are like two peas in a pod. You both at some point determined that the Lord's own choice of the college of bishops as overseers of His Church was the wrong choice, and that you know better instead.

Robert Pate

Banned
We are justified by no longer doing the works of purification---those works used to justify.

We still have to obey. James 2:20, 2 Peter 3:16.

James was a Judaizer like you. He believed in Jesus, but also believed that you must keep the law.

Jesus kept every Jot and tittle of the law for me, Matthew 5:18. I now stand complete in him, Colossians 2:10.

God's Truth

James was a Judaizer like you. He believed in Jesus, but also believed that you must keep the law.

Jesus kept every Jot and tittle of the law for me, Matthew 5:18. I now stand complete in him, Colossians 2:10.

James was not a Judaizer, and I do not preach circumcision.

You say anything, pathetic.

God's Truth

You know, you and AMR are like two peas in a pod. You both at some point determined that the Lord's own choice of the college of bishops as overseers of His Church was the wrong choice, and that you know better instead.

...nothing but false accusations from you.

Robert Pate

Banned
James was not a Judaizer, and I do not preach circumcision.

You say anything, pathetic.

There is only one law, it is God's law. The law covers every facet of your life. As long as you are in your sinful Adamic body you are not going to be able to do it or keep it.

Paul said that the law made him sin, Romans 7:7-12. The more you try to keep the law the more you will sin.

Robert Pate

Banned
This has been a good thread, even if it did get off of the subject.

The God of Calvinism cannot be trusted. Who can trust in a God that predestinates people to hell before they are born? The doctrine is unthinkable and unbelievable. It destroys faith in God, simply because it is impossible to love and have faith in a God that would do such a horrible thing. In a very real sense Calvinism self destructs because it destroys faith in God.

Not only does it destroy faith in God, it also destroys faith in Jesus Christ. Again it is unthinkable and unbelievable to believe that Jesus did not atone for the sins of the whole world, as taught by the apostle John, 1 John 2:2. How would that work? Would God and Jesus make some sort of a deal with the devil? If Jesus did not atone for the sins of the whole world, then Jesus is not Lord. This is really what this doctrine is all about, it is an attempt to destroy the Lordship of Christ. With this view of God and his Son Jesus Christ how in the world are these people going to be saved?

Status
Not open for further replies.