John 20:28 and the Trinity

Rosenritter

In the case of Melchizedek I believe that it may be that we know these things from the perspective of his being a man but that we know of him or read of him in scripture, and some things are absent from our record of him.

I'm willing to accept Hebrews 7 as being an authority.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
And what about "Jacob posted" and "the account of Jacob posted?" Are those different?

An account does not post. But I understand what you mean that way. I post, and it is either myself or my account. If it is not me it would be bad if it is my account.

Apple7

Greetings Apple7,I was interested in your insistence that mê·’ĕ·lō·hîm should be translated as God in Psalm 8:5. Could you explain why the writer to the Hebrews translates this as “angels” and actually bases his argument upon this translation?
Hebrews 2:5–10 (KJV): 5 For unto the angels hath he not put in subjection the world to come, whereof we speak. 6 But one in a certain place testified, saying, What is man, that thou art mindful of him? or the son of man, that thou visitest him? 7 Thou madest him a little lower than the angels; thou crownedst him with glory and honour, and didst set him over the works of thy hands: 8 Thou hast put all things in subjection under his feet. For in that he put all in subjection under him, he left nothing that is not put under him. But now we see not yet all things put under him. 9 But we see Jesus, who was made a little lower than the angels for the suffering of death, crowned with glory and honour; that he by the grace of God should taste death for every man. 10 For it became him, for whom are all things, and by whom are all things, in bringing many sons unto glory, to make the captain of their salvation perfect through sufferings.

Kind regards
Trevor

We already covered this ground last year.

Apparently, you are still stuck on it...

Dartman

[MENTION=20936]Dartman[/MENTION], when did Dartman enter this forum? Did he come by himself, or did you create the account? So, to you, whomever you are, or whatever name you normally use outside of this forum, are you greater than Dartman?
Nope. I am "dartman"... with every cell of my being. It is insanity to think I am Greater than myself.

My God is greater than I.

And my Lord, Jesus the man from Nazareth that God anointed, is greater than I. He gave his life for me, and there's no way I deserve that.

TrevorL

Greetings again Apple7,
We already covered this ground last year. Apparently, you are still stuck on it...
I was simply reminding you that you still ignore the Spirit-Inspired interpretation of Psalm 8:5 in Hebrews 2:5-10, and that you are reverting to the wrong interpretation based upon your theology. Hebrews tells us that Jesus was made a little lower than the angels. My other reason for raising this is to also inform others who may find it difficult to face up to your claims which seem to be backed by a reasonable level of scholarship, including language skills.

Kind regards
Trevor

7djengo7

This space intentionally left blank
Again...it [sic] all about Jesus controlling the sight of the Righteous, as only God can do.

In 1 John 2:11, one of the verses you referred to as having the word 'blinded', we read:

But he that hateth his brother is in darkness, and walketh in darkness, and knoweth not whither he goeth, because that darkness hath blinded his eyes.

Clearly, it is said, in this verse, that DARKNESS hath blinded so-and-so's eyes; it is not said that JESUS hath blinded his eyes. Nothing is said, here, "about Jesus controlling the sight of the Righteous", whatever that is supposed to mean. You're just making up nonsense.

Your initial claims to which I responded were that the phrase 'the god of this world' in 2 Corinthians 4:4 is a reference not to the devil, but to Jesus, and that, as a corollary to that, 2 Corinthians 4:4 must be a text in support of Trinitarianism. I'm a Trinitarian, and I have no difficulty, whatsoever, in affirming, contrary to what you have affirmed, that 2 Corinthians 4:4 is not a Trinitarianism support (at least, not in the way you try to make it out to be). It is as manifestly absurd to claim that it supports Trinitarianism as it would be to claim that it supports anti-Trinitarianism.

Apple7

Greetings again Apple7,I was simply reminding you that you still ignore the Spirit-Inspired interpretation of Psalm 8:5 in Hebrews 2:5-10, and that you are reverting to the wrong interpretation based upon your theology. Hebrews tells us that Jesus was made a little lower than the angels. My other reason for raising this is to also inform others who may find it difficult to face up to your claims which seem to be backed by a reasonable level of scholarship, including language skills.

Kind regards
Trevor

You keep bringing up the topic, thus, the onus is upon you to tell us what the Christadelphian slant to the passages are, in the view of your cult.

Waiting...

Apple7

In 1 John 2:11, one of the verses you referred to as having the word 'blinded', we read:

Clearly, it is said, in this verse, that DARKNESS hath blinded so-and-so's eyes; it is not said that JESUS hath blinded his eyes. Nothing is said, here, "about Jesus controlling the sight of the Righteous", whatever that is supposed to mean. You're just making up nonsense.

You peeps need to learn about this thing called context.

1 John 2 describes Jesus as 'The Light'.....and, without 'The Light' there is darkness.

Thus...without Jesus, people are in darkness..and are blinded.

Simple enough, a grade-schooler could grasp...

Your initial claims to which I responded were that the phrase 'the god of this world' in 2 Corinthians 4:4 is a reference not to the devil, but to Jesus, and that, as a corollary to that, 2 Corinthians 4:4 must be a text in support of Trinitarianism. I'm a Trinitarian, and I have no difficulty, whatsoever, in affirming, contrary to what you have affirmed, that 2 Corinthians 4:4 is not a Trinitarianism support (at least, not in the way you try to make it out to be). It is as manifestly absurd to claim that it supports Trinitarianism as it would be to claim that it supports anti-Trinitarianism.

It is hard to escape The Trinity.

john w

Hall of Fame
Greetings again Apple7,I was simply reminding you that you still ignore the Spirit-Inspired interpretation of Psalm 8:5 in Hebrews 2:5-10, ...
Trevor

And, of course, you have "the Spirit-Inspired interpretation," right rummy? You realize that you just asserted nothing, as that does NADA for your argument, or anyone elses? Probably not. If not, just how do you/we know, that the Spirit tapped you on the shoulder, and provided you/us a "signature guarantee" that you have "the Spirit-Inspired interpretation."

Well?

NWL

Where are the fallen angels ever referred to as 'gods'?

By implication by Yahweh Exo 12:12.

God was not here referring to his anegls, or men or animals, thus through the power of deduction it only leaves demons that the gods refer to, the same Egyptian gods that no doubt empowered the egpytian men to turn a stick into a snake and water into blood as Moses and Aaron did.

Who was God referring to when he mentioned gods here?

NWL said:
Lol. Show us the verse that states only God has the power to bind Satan? Another one of your assumptions it would seem.
Already did.

Now...refute it.

Please tell us the post number where you apparently showed scripture saying that ONLY God can bind Satan.

Demons occupy flesh, according to scripture.

So you're saying the ones spoken of in false apostles in 2 cor 11 are are men under demon possession or demons come in human flesh the same way Jesus became flesh, which one do you believe if any?

NWL

There are scores of scriptures pronouncing that Satan was bound at The Cross.

Then why haven't you brought out a single one of these scriptures that apparently "pronounce" Satan was bound at the cross? Let me guess, you'll claim you have because you've shown me verse where you've read your own thoughts into the scripture, but in reality it says nothing of the sought.

What do you think Jesus did upon The Cross?

He gave his body and his blood so that mankind could be saved, simple.

Oh...that's right...nothing...because your cult will not allow Jesus' any divine privileges.

Where is this teaching found biblically that Jesus had to be the divine being for death to be meaningful? Again, this is another human created teaching that is not found in the bible.

Remember this..

Christians worship Christ.

JW's do not.

Therefore, JW's are NOT Christian.

Don't ever claim that you are

I do worship Christ, since by worshiping Christ its him who passes all worship and glory to the Father. (Phil 2:9-11, John 4:23,24)

Also, to be a Christian means to be a follower of Christ, this is the very definition of the word. Christian does not imply you need to worship him.

NWL

Your understanding of the topic at hand is the unorthodox and cult like here. JW teaching regarding when Satan is bound is more or less the same as that of orthodox Christianity, don't kid yourself.
The tendency of most people is to use Rev 20 as their premise for their end times, and then force all other events to fit to their interpretation of that.

So you agree that you deny what the majority of orthodox Christianity understand about Rev 20 and agree that your understanding is the unorthodox one, great stuff.

Firstly you're ignoring my questions; Can "apēlthen" be applied to someone to simply mean they left the location? Why can the term simply not mean Satan "went away" or 'left from spreading weeds among the wheat' as it reads and so many translators agree?
Apple7 said:
Not according to the lexicons, which you never bother to study.

Matthew 27:60 states that Joseph, after preparing body of Jesus after his death, rolled a stone over the entrance to Jesus tomb and "went away" (apēlthen). What is meant by the usage of apēlthen here? Was Joseph bound like Satan was or did he simply leave the area/location where he had left Jesus body?

No where in scripture does "went away" mean "bound".So your claim that Satan was bound after he spread weeds in among the wheat since the verse states he "went away" is again an assumption.
Scripture utilizes numerous epithets for the bind of Satan.

No, scripture does NOT utilizes numerous epithets for the binding of Satan, you simply cherry pick verses and assume phrases relate to the binding of Satan, much like our discssion above of "Satan went away from spreading weeds among the wheat" somehow meaning "Satan was bound", cherry picked and assumed.

Show us where scripture states the "weeds" are Satan's demons?

Show us where demons are ever called "sons of the devil/satan/wicked one"?
Apple7 said:

You haven't, since this is the first time I've asked these two questions to you. Tell us the post number of your alleged answers for all to see.

Please answer the questions.

NWL

From the aorist (completed action) of the verbs employed.

Do you understand the entire verse of Hebrews 2:14 to be past tense?

Who ever made the claim that it brought Satan 'to nothing', besides you?

The phrases is synonymous with the phrase you've been using as lexicons show.

As I've said many times no you assume the meaning in Hebrews 2:14 to relate to the binding of Satan in Rev 20, translators do not agree with.

Translations of the text render the verse in part:

Hebrews 2:14
so that through death he could destroy
that through death he might bring to nothing
that through death He might render powerless him
that through death he might bring to nought
that through death he might bring to nothing
that through death he might annul
that through death He might render powerless

The verse can be very easily understood that Christ death enabled Jesus to stop the sin and death mankind to inherited because of Satan. You've assumed Satan being brought to nothing is the same thing as Satan being bound despite scripture clearly showing Satan as active and having influence post Jesus death. You've yet to show a convincing argument.

NWL

Scripture makes this claim, and you applied it to Adam.

The thing is I didn't, we both know I didn't, I don't know why you persist on claiming I did. My orginal asnwer I gave to your question of "Jesus' blood is mentioned as ransoming us....from whom?" was "Adamic sin. (Romans 5:12)".

As you can See I never even stated Adam as you keep asserting, I stated "Adamic sin" referring to the sin and consequence of Adams sin, namely death, we inherited from him. Jesus death is a ransom, paid to God, for the price of Adams failings.

Again...

From whom, to whom, was the ransom paid?

Jesus death is a ransom, paid to God, for the price of Adams failings. Yes it was paid.

Therefore, you must apply the consequences of your assertion to Adam.

This is a joke right? Because you want to act the fool I need to defend a point that you claim I made despite me not making said claim.

Good luck with that buddy.

NWL

You were already shown that Christ has the authority in Rev 12 to cast down Satan.
So? Where does it state that he was the one who did it still, just because Jesus had "authority" in heaven doesn't imply he was the one who threw Satan down. Again, nowhere does it directly who threw down Satan, it does not it being Jesus or God or even another Angel. Once again, inferring something does not make it so.

NWL said:
There are numerous locations in scripture that declare that God cast-down Satan...but, you were fixated on Rev 12, up until now...

Show me a single verse that actually says God himself threw down Satan.

Actually, you have a HUGE issue on who cast-out Satan, as this shows that The Second Person of The Trinity to be divine...of which, your demon, abhors....

Nope... I really don't have an issue with it. Again, where is the verse saying it's only possible for God to cast down Satan for you to claim 'Jesus is God' if Jesus was the person who cast Satan down? Again, your belief system is riddled in assumptions, I'm getting tired of saying this.

NWL

Satan's 'power' refers to his demons.
NWL said:
Inferring something does not make you correct and is not evidence, show it. Show me where in Rev 13 is expresses that Satan's "power" refers to his demons. If you can't show it it's nothing more than an assumption.

Way to go for being vague.

I guess by your response you mean Luke 10:19. Where in Luke 10:19 does it state Satans "power" equates the Demons.

Bear in mind your using circular reasoning in defense of the original question I asked pertaining to Rev 13. Remember you claimed the "power" the Dragon gave to another beast referred to the Demons. I asked you to show me where it states this is Rev 13, you didn't do this but brought Luke 10 as your answer without providing a verse. One can only reasonably assume you mean Luke 10:19 when you cited Luke 10. In v19 it still does not mentioned anything about Demons being called Satans power.

Where are Demons referred to as the power of Satan?

Does the bible directly ever call Demons Satan power or?

According to scripture, before The Cross Satan possessed people, talked, and was present in the first-person.

After The Cross, Satan has NOT possessed anyone, never talks, and is NOT present in the first-person.

Pretty simple to figure it out, chap...

This is not true, you just wish to ignore and interpret the verses differently to how they read when they speak about Satan in person post Jesus death, 2 Corinthians 11:14 being one of those verse. (1 Peter 5:8)

"Satan himself" in 2 Cor 11:14 somehow equals = NOT Satan himself. What great power of exegesis you have Bowman.

Are you saying the magic practicing men in Egypt under pharaoh (Exo 7:11) who turned a stick into a snake and water into blood were not empowered by the Demons(gods) of Egypt and that God did not empower Men with his spirit to prophecy?