Jesus the Messiah died for me.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Jesus is the Messiah and He died for me. In Him we have forgiveness of sins. In Him I have been granted the free gift of eternal life.

What Jesus did I cannot. I have no way to save myself. In Him I have been saved.

If I do everything possible that I can do, it is still not enough. But what Jesus did is enough. What He did is sufficient to save me.

I can't add to my salvation in Him. I can't make myself more saved. If salvation were by what I can do then I would not be saved because it would not be enough.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Jesus is the Messiah and He died for me. In Him we have forgiveness of sins. In Him I have been granted the free gift of eternal life.

What Jesus did I cannot. I have no way to save myself. In Him I have been saved.

If I do everything possible that I can do, it is still not enough. But what Jesus did is enough. What He did is sufficient to save me.

I can't add to my salvation in Him. I can't make myself more saved. If salvation were by what I can do then I would not be saved because it would not be enough.

Well done. You have come a long way.

He died for everyone who accepts Him as Lord and Savior.

You on the other hand.....

Romans 5

6 For when we were still without strength, in due time Christ died for the ungodly. 7 For scarcely for a righteous man will one die; yet perhaps for a good man someone would even dare to die. 8 But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us. 9 Much more then, having now been justified by His blood, we shall be saved from wrath through Him. 10 For if when we were enemies we were reconciled to God through the death of His Son, much more, having been reconciled, we shall be saved by His life.

Prizebeatz1

I used to think the same thing and I used to have the same beliefs. Yet I had a feeling something wasn't quite right. I felt in my heart that something was missing. I didn't know it at the time but I had been basing my beliefs on an interpretation of the scriptures that I assumed to be unchallengeable. I was left with the impression that I would be punished if I even tried. I was conditioned to stay in my place and not rock the boat. Then I decided to find out the truth for myself and realized I had been taught that I was worthless and I believed it. This is not the truth. It is a lie perpetuated by the system and those individuals who don't know the infinite value of the soul. No one had taught them so how could they know? Suffice to say my beliefs have made a 180 degree turn. I'm sure when the truth is revealed plenty of others will experience the same.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
I used to think the same thing and I used to have the same beliefs. Yet I had a feeling something wasn't quite right. I felt in my heart that something was missing. I didn't know it at the time but I had been basing my beliefs on an interpretation of the scriptures that I assumed to be unchallengeable. I was left with the impression that I would be punished if I even tried. I was conditioned to stay in my place and not rock the boat. Then I decided to find out the truth for myself and realized I had been taught that I was worthless and I believed it. This is not the truth. It is a lie perpetuated by the system and those individuals who don't know the infinite value of the soul. No one had taught them so how could they know? Suffice to say my beliefs have made a 180 degree turn. I'm sure when the truth is revealed plenty of others will experience the same.
Are you speaking in reference to what I posted, either the OP or otherwise?

Right Divider

Body part
We're so proud of you.

glorydaz

Then you never really heard the Gospel being preached. You only think you heard it....and it's why you've made up your own version of truth. Many have tried to do the same, but there is only ONE TRUTH, and you've clearly chosen your version over the Bible's.

God did not come and dwell among us, suffer and die for us because we were worthless.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
If he was worthless, the Lord Jesus Christ would not have laid down his life for payment of his sin.

Prizebeatz1

Then you never really heard the Gospel being preached. You only think you heard it....and it's why you've made up your own version of truth. Many have tried to do the same, but there is only ONE TRUTH, and you've clearly chosen your version over the Bible's.

God did not come and dwell among us, suffer and die for us because we were worthless.

The unconscious belief is that we are worthless without Jesus. In my experience this is true but it is not literal. Also is there not more than one way to see the same truth?

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
That is one way to see it. I'm not going to try to change your mind about it. People are at different levels and I respect that.
People have different experiences and are at different places in their life, but some people are still unsaved and some are saved.

It has to do with the forgiveness of sins for you which is found in Jesus' death upon the cross. As a perfect substitute He could take your place or pay your fine. Your sin debt owed to God has been taken care of. All you need to do is repent and trust in Him (believe, have faith in God and Jesus Christ His Son who rose from the dead and after appearing to many is now at the right hand of God).

See 1 Corinthians 15:1-8. If you have not read these verses you can know they will change your life. This is the gospel message.

Prizebeatz1

Ever since Constantine we have grown accustomed to only one interpretation of Christianity. This is a byproduct of the attempt to unify an empire but it comes at the expense of other possible alternatives of interpretation. Perhaps this is not so wise. If someone comes up with a more accurate interpretation then many will feel like they can't change their minds. I know because I was there too.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Ever since Constantine we have grown accustomed to only one interpretation of Christianity. This is a byproduct of the attempt to unify an empire but it comes at the expense of other possible alternatives of interpretation. Perhaps this is not so wise. If someone comes up with a more accurate interpretation then many will feel like they can't change their minds. I know because I was there too.
Whether Judaism with Yeshua as the Messiah or Christianity with Jesus as the Christ we are recognizing the same person for who He is. It has nothing to do with any empire.

John 1:41 NASB - 41 He found first his own brother Simon and said to him, "We have found the Messiah" (which translated means Christ).

John 4:25 NASB - 25 The woman said to Him, "I know that Messiah is coming (He who is called Christ); when that One comes, He will declare all things to us."

Right Divider

Body part
Whether Judaism with Yeshua as the Messiah or Christianity with Jesus as the Christ we are recognizing the same person for who He is. It has nothing to do with any empire.

John 1:41 NASB - 41 He found first his own brother Simon and said to him, "We have found the Messiah" (which translated means Christ).

John 4:25 NASB - 25 The woman said to Him, "I know that Messiah is coming (He who is called Christ); when that One comes, He will declare all things to us."
As you can see, Messiah and Christ mean exactly the same thing.

john w

Hall of Fame

More pop psycho babble from the Maharishi, opinions, about opinions, about opinions about opinions...........

Tell us, Maharishi-just what is your function here, on TOL. Unpack it for us, as you are starting to bore us. And lay out your reference point, your objective standard, as we are all busy men, and women here, and can get your jazz, just by watching TV talk shows-and they are far more entertaining.

Can you dig it?