Jesus SEPARATE from Jehovah; calls Jehovah "my God."

Status
Not open for further replies.

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
Uh, some early church fathers worth their salt, interpreted the scriptures 'figuratively' when a mere literal interpretation was incoherent, illogical or untenable. Most rational folks follow suit :)

Yeah, I've studied Patristics.

I don't follow suit and I don't consider it necessarily rational to do so.

Of course, with your eclecticism, you can wobble any direction you want to as if seems fit in the moment.

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic

Of course, with your eclecticism, you can wobble any direction you want to as if seems fit in the moment.

You sayin' he's got a false sense of security?

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist

I wouldn't presume too far into my 'eclectism' however, since if you do follow my writings, I'm ever upholding or maintaining my views built upon what I perceive as universal principles, morals, ethics, justice, logic, reason, etc......so philosophically I'm ever exploring and researching what precepts are most tenable, agreeable to conscience and worth valuing. The meanings and values of our religious discussion is what is fundamental, the 'essentials'. All else is fine as speculative, theoretical or merely conceptual, as far as goes non-essentials.

The pure in heart see God. That's an essential. God is Spirit, Love, Light, Truth, etc. Again,....all true religionists and theosophists recognize or hold to universal truth-principles, morals, values. - the fun thing about Unitarian/Trinitarian debate is the wide spectrum of viewpoints one can take within the Christology involved. - and these ARE mostly 'conceptual'. - therefore the key of wisdom and love is to be used in unlocking the most appropriate ways to 'translate' and 'interpret' our 'theology'. - as I've said, I see no BETTER ADVANTAGE in holding to a strict traditional orthodox Trinitarian Christology over any variation of a more Unitarian one, and my Christology goes even beyond these catagories, because I entertain a greater view of Jesus outside of such narrow bounderies or definitions. While I love concepts and stretching my philosophical borders, I could not presume to put 'God' in a box!

The fundamental reality present right here and NOW......arising in every moment of existence...is existence itself, and the consciousness that inheres within this self-cognizing, awareness. This is it! - all else is but a panorama of thoughts, ideas, images, illusions more or less. - its all relative within a matrix of space-time conditioning and its limitations within any given parameter :)

Jerry Shugart

The Son of Man was made a little lower than the Elohim, (Angels).

Yes, and what was He before that?:

"Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God: But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men" (Phil.2:6-7).​

Some people say that He was never in any form other than that of a Man.

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
I wouldn't presume too far into my 'eclectism' however, since if you do follow my writings, I'm ever upholding or maintaining my views built upon what I perceive as universal principles, morals, ethics, justice, logic, reason, etc......so philosophically I'm ever exploring and researching what precepts are most tenable, agreeable to conscience and worth valuing. The meanings and values of our religious discussion is what is fundamental, the 'essentials'. All else is fine as speculative, theoretical or merely conceptual, as far as goes non-essentials.

The pure in heart see God. That's an essential. God is Spirit, Love, Light, Truth, etc. Again,....all true religionists and theosophists recognize or hold to universal truth-principles, morals, values. - the fun thing about Unitarian/Trinitarian debate is the wide spectrum of viewpoints one can take within the Christology involved. - and these ARE mostly 'conceptual'. - therefore the key of wisdom and love is to be used in unlocking the most appropriate ways to 'translate' and 'interpret' our 'theology'. - as I've said, I see no BETTER ADVANTAGE in holding to a strict traditional orthodox Trinitarian Christology over any variation of a more Unitarian one, and my Christology goes even beyond these catagories, because I entertain a greater view of Jesus outside of such narrow bounderies or definitions. While I love concepts and stretching my philosophical borders, I could not presume to put 'God' in a box!

The fundamental reality present right here and NOW......arising in every moment of existence...is existence itself, and the consciousness that inheres within this self-cognizing, awareness. This is it! - all else is but a panorama of thoughts, ideas, images, illusions more or less. - its all relative within a matrix of space-time conditioning and its limitations within any given parameter :)

That's sure 'nuff a lot of words.
We'd likely get along better if you practiced Mauna.

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
One thing I've seen is that Freelight confesses that Jesus was the son of God.

Only one spirit that men can do that by.

Another thing is, I've never seen him thinkin' he can kick Satan's butt on his own or thinkin' he knows it all.

My bet is, he's gonna be beaten with fewer stripes than I already have been.

Last edited:

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist

Another thing is, I've never seen him thinkin' he can kick Satan's but on his own or thinkin' he knows it all.

:thumb:

Yes and Amen :)

I say let one's commentary speak for itself.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
That's sure 'nuff a lot of words.
We'd likely get along better if you practiced Mauna.

Words are just words, I recognize that. A longer commentary often requires a different nuance of contemplating and even reading, if you can follow the logos within the word-flow, its rhythm and metric as it were. Its all a matter of what is being 'communicated', the various inflections, dimensions, layers and then the over-all context of what it being relayed as a whole. That's the challenge in any communication, which places some effort, openness and responsibility on the reader as well, so that a true 'dia-logue' ensues. This is what we make of it, via 'discussion'.

Notaclue

That's fine. Let's see if we have any takers.

Eph4:6 One God and Father of all, who is
above all, and through all, and in you all.

1Cor.8:5 For though there be that are called gods, whether in heaven or on earth; as there are gods many, and lords many; 6yet to us there is one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we unto him; and one Lord, Jesus Christ, through whom are all things, and we through him.

yet to us(Christians)

Peace.

daqq

Another thing is, I've never seen him thinkin' he can kick Satan's but on his own or thinkin' he knows it all.

Could be wrong though, pride is pride.

Plus as Daqq says, in God's timing.:)

If only you knew me, but it seems you do, oh how you should have seen me in all my own glory! I was a mighty giant of a tree at one time: even the fowls of the air nested in my branches, and the beasts of the field took refuge under my shade, until one night a Watcher and a Holy One descended from the heavens. Now I'm just a flattened little daq in the Way. ;)

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
If only you knew me, but it seems you do, oh how you should have seen me in all my own glory! I was a mighty giant of a tree at one time: even the fowls of the air nested in my branches, and the beasts of the field took refuge under my shade, until one night a Watcher and a Holy One descended from the heavens. Now I'm just a flattened little daq in the Way. ;)

Thank you.

Love you brother.

daqq

Awww isn't that sweet on VD

Surely you know the meaning of "the fowls of the air" in the Parable of the Sower and the doctrine of the Master, eh? The unclean fowls of the air are the Wicked one, the Devil, and the Satan, (Matt 13:4, 19, Mark 4:4, 15, Luke 8:5, 12). Seek out of the Sefer of YHWH and read: no one of these shall fail, none shall want her mate; for His mouth has commanded it, and His Spirit gathers them. He has cast the lot for them, and His (right) hand has divided it unto them by the line, (of the sower), and they shall possess it for ever; from generation to generation shall they dwell therein, (Isa 34:16-17). There is thus no good thing dwelling in your "branches", O tree, (Romans 7:18-25). :rotfl:

Yea, it shall be an habitation of dragons and a court for hoot-owls: the wild creatures of the desert shall meet up with the howlers of the islands, and the shaggy-goat satyr shall cry to his fellow; the liyliyth-screecher shall dwell there, and shall find for herself a place of rest. There shall the great owl make her nest, and lay, and hatch her eggs, and gather them under her shadow: there also shall the vultures and eagles be gathered together, (and they said to him, "Where, Master?"). :chuckle:

Status
Not open for further replies.