Jesus Said, "And Few There Be That Find It"

Robert Pate

Banned
"Enter in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate and broad is the way that leads to destruction and many there be that go that way. Because strait is the gate and narrow is the way , which leads to life AND FEW THERE BE THAT FIND IT" Matthew 7:13, 14.

The broad way is the way of religion. Do good works, be a good person and God will accept you into heaven. That is the devils lie, because there in none that does good, Romans 3:10. We are all sinners that have been born after Adam, Romans 5:12.

The broad way is wide because there are many that go that way. The strait gate is narrow because few there be that find it. Jesus is the strait gate that leads to eternal life, John 14:6.

Jesus didn't come into the world to show us the way. Jesus came into the world to be the way. Calvinism, Catholicism, religion is not the way. Jesus is the way, "And Few There Be That Find It". Not many are going to be saved.

Jesus said, "When the Son of Man returns, will he find faith on the earth?" Luke 18:8. What he is going to find is a lot of religion and very little faith. Look at the threads on this Forum, how many are about Christ and his Gospel? How about little to nothing?

Jesus said, "Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, didn't we..." Matthew 7:22. Whoever Jesus was talking to thought that salvation was all about them. Their works, their obedience to the law, their piety, their doing, their religion. They thought that the strait gate was about their religion. Little did they know that they were on the broadway that leads to destruction.

The Gospel of Jesus Christ is almost lost due to Catholicism, Calvinism, Pentecostalism, religion. No one wants to hear about how Jesus has reconciled a world of lost sinners to God, 2 Corinthians 5:18, 19. (The Gospel) They want to know how they can get the victory over some little itty, bitty, sin in there life. They want religion.

"Few there be that find it" Few there be that find the Gospel that justifies the ungodly, Romans 4:5 and reconciles the world unto God, 2 Corinthians 5:19.

Robert Pate

Banned
It is all written. Christians are supposed to know all that.

So what are you going to do about it?

Do I have to do something?

What I am saying is that the only ones that are going to be saved are those that hear the Gospel and believe it.

We are justified by faith in the work and the person of Jesus Christ, plus nothing, Romans 3:26.

Religion and works do not justify, Romans 3:20.

The ones that have found it are the ones that are living by faith, Romans 10:17.

Omniskeptical

BANNED
Banned
Morelike, "the great ones, they are those that find it." Oligos which is in the term oligarchy is used of the small poor mass who find the small gate.

καὶ πολλοί εἰσιν οἱ εἰσερχόμενοι δι᾽ αὐτῆς

7:14 ὅτί στενὴ ἡ πύλη καὶ τεθλιμμένη ἡ ὁδὸς ἡ ἀπάγουσα εἰς τὴν ζωήν, καὶ ὀλίγοι εἰσὶν οἱ εὑρίσκοντες αὐτήν

It is really interesting how only celebrit[ies] and rich people are condemned the Greek.

God's Truth

"Enter in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate and broad is the way that leads to destruction and many there be that go that way. Because strait is the gate and narrow is the way , which leads to life AND FEW THERE BE THAT FIND IT" Matthew 7:13, 14.

We are to search for God by getting Jesus' teachings. We find God by obeying Jesus' teachings.

1 Chronicles 28:0 "And you, my son Solomon, acknowledge the God of your father, and serve him with wholehearted devotion and with a willing mind, for the LORD searches every heart and understands every desire and every thought. If you seek him, he will be found by you; but if you forsake him, he will reject you forever.

The broad way is the way of religion. Do good works, be a good person and God will accept you into heaven. That is the devils lie, because there in none that does good, Romans 3:10. We are all sinners that have been born after Adam, Romans 5:12.

The devil does not tell people to obey God! The devil does what you are doing, and that is to tell people it is wrong to obey God.

Did God really say ___? see Genesis 3:1.

Jesus didn't come into the world to show us the way.

Luke 11:28 He replied, "Blessed rather are those who hear the word of God and obey it."

Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

Jesus came into the world to be the way. Calvinism, Catholicism, religion is not the way. Jesus is the way, "And Few There Be That Find It". Not many are going to be saved.

Jesus said, "When the Son of Man returns, will he find faith on the earth?" Luke 18:8. What he is going to find is a lot of religion and very little faith. Look at the threads on this Forum, how many are about Christ and his Gospel? How about little to nothing?

Jesus said, "Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, didn't we..." Matthew 7:22. Whoever Jesus was talking to thought that salvation was all about them. Their works, their obedience to the law, their piety, their doing, their religion. They thought that the strait gate was about their religion. Little did they know that they were on the broadway that leads to destruction.

NO! They were casting out demons in Jesus' name, but they were also still living a sinful life and did NOT repent of their sins.

Jesus says,
"Why do you call me, 'Lord, Lord,' and do not do what I say?

See Luke 6:46.

They might have been casting out demons in Jesus' name, but they were NOT obeying Jesus by repenting of their own sins. They were still evil doers.

Matthew 7:23 Then I will tell them plainly, 'I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!'

meshak

BANNED
Banned
We know Jesus was rich, isn't he also a celebrity?

Are you serious?

Jesus told His disciples to keep all leftovers.

He also said son of man has no place to lay His head.

what do you make of those?

Jesus is more concerned of poor and needy than rich and powerful.

Jesus says it is impossible for rich to inter God's kingdom.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Further more, Lord's prayer:

...give us this day our daily bread...

We should not want more than what we need. It is Jesus' word, not mine.

aikido7

BANNED
Banned

The broad way is wide because there are many that go that way. The strait gate is narrow because few there be that find it. Jesus is the strait gate that leads to eternal life, John 14:6.

Jesus didn't come into the world to show us the way. Jesus came into the world to be the way. Calvinism, Catholicism, religion is not the way. Jesus is the way, "And Few There Be That Find It". Not many are going to be saved.

The Gospel of Jesus Christ is almost lost due to Catholicism, Calvinism, Pentecostalism, religion. No one wants to hear about how Jesus has reconciled a world of lost sinners to God, 2 Corinthians 5:18, 19. (The Gospel) They want to know how they can get the victory over some little itty, bitty, sin in there life. They want religion.

"Few there be that find it" Few there be that find the Gospel that justifies the ungodly, Romans 4:5 and reconciles the world unto God, 2 Corinthians 5:19.
This is exactly why you seldom find--if every--Christians who take Jesus seriously.

He never required anyone to believe in or worship him. But based on my own life and struggles, I find that I have never found a fellow believer who conducts their life as if they lived in the Kingdom of God on earth.

Jesus is so separated from us in the distant past that his teachings for me are only tantalizing. I am walking with him daily, but I am forever stumbling and trying to keep up.

Realizing the literal truth behind your generous post Robert will hopefully keep me humble and help me refrain from judging others in my life.

Thank you again for the crucial reminder of where we find ourselves in the world we live in.

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
Further more, Lord's prayer:

...give us this day our daily bread...

We should not want more than what we need. It is Jesus' word, not mine.

And it is good to realize that in that same prayer, Jesus tells us that forgiveness is always reciprocal. We forgive others only to the extent that we forgive ourselves.

And the prayer indicates nothing about a requirement for a blood sacrifice.

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
You can believe that there will be just a few shrivelled souls in heaven or you can believe there will be a multitude which no man can number. That God's house [which is not small] will be packed, that MANY will come from the east and the west and sit down with Abraham, Isaac and Jacob.

Somebody had aksed the Lord "Lord will only few be saved?"

Jesus answered "that is not your business, YOU mind what YOU are about...strive to enter by the narrow gate.....

....if you care about souls, if you want to be a soulwinner, make it your business to enter by the narrow gate......then you can go out to the broadway, the high ways and byways and compel men to come in."

[oh I paraphrased]

....like John Wesley did.

Robert Pate

Banned
Paul said, "If our Gospel be hid, it is hid to them that are lost: in whom the god of this world has blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious Gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them" 2 Corinthians 4:3, 4.

The god of this world is the god of religion. He has a false Gospel, it is the Gospel of works and religion. It is almost impossible to reach a religious person with the glorious Gospel of Jesus Christ. They are blind to it. Religion is subjective, it is about us. Whereas the Gospel is objective because it is about Jesus Christ and what he has done to redeem us.

Robert Pate

Banned
You can believe that there will be just a few shrivelled souls in heaven or you can believe there will be a multitude which no man can number. That God's house [which is not small] will be packed, that MANY will come from the east and the west and sit down with Abraham, Isaac and Jacob.

Somebody had aksed the Lord "Lord will only few be saved?"

Jesus answered "that is not your business, YOU mind what YOU are about...strive to enter by the narrow gate.....

....if you care about souls, if you want to be a soulwinner, make it your business to enter by the narrow gate......then you can go out to the broadway, the high ways and byways and compel men to come in."

[oh I paraphrased]

....like John Wesley did.

Thats a nice thought, but it is not going to happen that way.

God is not taking religious Gospel rejectors to heaven. They wouldn't like it there anyway. They would probably want to start a religion in heaven.