ECT Jesus only “knows” believers who are obedient

Danoh

Quiet, stupid.

The Corinthians and Galatians were also saints, despite their many issues.

How could that be?

Colossians 2:13.

ZB is one of those religious people who Crucible recently ridiculously described himself being - "very, very Christian."

As if there are varying degrees of such in Christ.

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
As if such is the first time in history.
Spoiler

Matthew 15:1 Then came to Jesus scribes and Pharisees, which were of Jerusalem, saying, 15:2 Why do thy disciples transgress the tradition of the elders? for they wash not their hands when they eat bread. 15:3 But he answered and said unto them, Why do ye also transgress the commandment of God by your tradition?

Matthew 23:29 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! because ye build the tombs of the prophets, and garnish the sepulchres of the righteous, 23:30 And say, If we had been in the days of our fathers, we would not have been partakers with them in the blood of the prophets. 23:31 Wherefore ye be witnesses unto yourselves, that ye are the children of them which killed the prophets. 23:32 Fill ye up then the measure of your fathers. 23:33 Ye serpents, ye generation of vipers, how can ye escape the damnation of hell? 23:34 Wherefore, behold, I send unto you prophets, and wise men, and scribes: and some of them ye shall kill and crucify; and some of them shall ye scourge in your synagogues, and persecute them from city to city: 23:35 That upon you may come all the righteous blood shed upon the earth, from the blood of righteous Abel unto the blood of Zacharias son of Barachias, whom ye slew between the temple and the altar. 23:36 Verily I say unto you, All these things shall come upon this generation. 23:37 O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, thou that killest the prophets, and stonest them which are sent unto thee, how often would I have gathered thy children together, even as a hen gathereth her chickens under her wings, and ye would not! 23:38 Behold, your house is left unto you desolate.

That right there comprises thousands (plural) of years of compromise of The Truth.
There was a break in history when the Church was born on Pentecost in AD 33. No matter what it means to say that the gates of Hell shall not prevail against her, we know that if the Church were an edifice or a monument, that if that edifice or monument were to collapse or crumble, then the Lord lied to us. Since I don't believe the Lord lied to us, I believe that the Church has always stood, ever since she was born on Pentecost in AD 33.

Last edited: