Jesus is YHWH

oatmeal

This Revelation quote begs an answer.

Here we see Christ revealed when returned to His former glory.

Rev. 1:12-13 And I turned to see the voice that spake with me. And being turned, I saw seven golden candlesticks; And in the midst of the seven candlesticks one like unto the Son of man, clothed with a garment down to the foot, and girt about the paps with a golden girdle.

Rev. 1:14-16 His head and his hairs were white like wool, as white as snow; and his eyes were as a flame of fire; And his feet like unto fine brass, as if they burned in a furnace; and his voice as the sound of many waters. And he had in his right hand seven stars: and out of his mouth went a sharp twoedged sword: and his countenance was as the sun shineth in his strength.

Rev. 1:17-18 And when I saw him, I fell at his feet as dead. And he laid his right hand upon me, saying unto me, Fear not; I am the first and the last: I am he that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death.​

Looking just like the Ancient of Days....the Alpha and Omega....the First and the Last.

Daniel 7:9 I beheld till the thrones were cast down, and the Ancient of days did sit, whose garment was white as snow, and the hair of his head like the pure wool: his throne was like the fiery flame, and his wheels as burning fire.​

I don't know how much you're willing to ignore, but it's a waste of time if you can't see the obvious. Hopefully, the day will come when you will give your Saviour all the Glory as Creator God.

Like Father, like Son. Similar but different, since they differ on one point one is not identical to the other.

God gave revelation to Jesus Christ. Jesus Christ did not give to himself revelation. Revelation 1:1 is plainly stated.

oatmeal

Amen....our Lord was both, God and man.

Galatians 3:20 Now a mediator is not a mediator of one, but God is one.
1Ti 2:5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;​

What is it that you suppose Galatians 3:20 does to support your contention?

Is it the use of the word "one"?

Please consider the following use of the word "one".

"One" in this verse is used in the same sense as "one" is used in John 10:30

I Corinthians 3:6-8

I have planted, Apollos watered; but God gave the increase.

7 So then neither is he that planteth any thing, neither he that watereth; but God that giveth the increase.

8 Now he that planteth and he that watereth are one: and every man shall receive his own reward according to his own labour.

Are you going to continue with your logic and conclude that both Apollos and Paul and anyone who else plants and waters are God as well?

Or will you step aside from emotional conclusions and simply let the word speak for itself?

Last edited:

Silent Hunter

Link to proposed thread...

http://theologyonline.com/showthrea...tral-ground-for-Atheist-and-Theist-Discussion

P.s. ... your inbox is full. I tried to PM you.
I'll take a look at your thread. No promises.

I emptied my pm' s of everything. Might help, might not.
You assume you know me in any way even though you've made a number of (all incorrect) statements thinking you have the clairvoyance to know "what makes me tick".
Sure we do; that I know how to control my emotions in what should be a pleasant discussion is the difference between us in that regard.
It sure would do much to lessen murder; no?
... and alienated those who you might influence over to your point of view in so doing. Bad strategy.
Perhaps; :idunno:.

"A real gentleman, even if he loses everything he owns, must show no emotion" - Dostoyevsky.
Like I said, Its a bad strategy.
"The second half of a man's life is made up of nothing but the habits he has acquired during the first half" - Dostoyevsky.
I don't desire to "sway" any human being. I genuinely desire to provoke thought. When there's no Zig, I Zig. When there's no Zag, I zag.
You might want to consider a different strategy. What you're doing isn't working toward that end. Ask anyone you've disagreed with on TOL.
I'm less complex than you are giving me credit for. If you don't want me to know you and if you think I'm beneath you, you have every right to cut communication off with me.
Where'd you get the idea I might think you "beneath me"? :shocked:

I made clear my criteria to lop-off comminication. You, like most christians, seem to fancy yourself a mind reader. Don't think you know me, however, I can honestly guess I am probably less complex than you think.
I hope that you evaluate the thread I created. It is a fair place for us to stop the round and round and kick a philosophical ball back and forth.
Why should we limit ourselves to what a bunch of dead philosophers think?

I've pissed off my share of mods on various threads because they would rather not have someone point out the inadequacies of their biblical philosophy.

For instance, I've been banned for:

He/she/it is inappropriate when referring to a sexless deity.

Genocide is evil, except when their deity is the culprit.

Sex and having children outside of marriage is a sin, except for Jesus' mother.

Adultery and murdering your adulterous partner's husband is a sin, except when you're "a man after god's own heart".

Invisible and imaginary are forbidden adjectives.

The list goes on...
I'm trying to be kind and trust what you wrote a few quotes back. I'm approaching you with a cool head and a genuine desire to simply discuss things in a positive fashion.

I would hope that we can move past our postured back and forth that is racked with a showmanship type of "one upping" and move into sincere discourse.
"We will see" - Conan the barbarian.

:chuckle:

:e4e:

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned
I'll take a look at your thread. No promises.

I emptied my pm' s of everything. Might help, might not.
You might want to consider a different strategy. What you're doing isn't working toward that end. Ask anyone you've disagreed with on TOL.
Where'd you get the idea I might think you "beneath me"? :shocked:

I made clear my criteria to lop-off comminication. You, like most christians, seem to fancy yourself a mind reader. Don't think you know me, however, I can honestly guess I am probably less complex than you think.
Why should we limit ourselves to what a bunch of dead philosophers think?

I've pissed off my share of mods on various threads because they would rather not have someone point out the inadequacies of their biblical philosophy.

For instance, I've been banned for:

He/she/it is inappropriate when referring to a sexless deity.

Genocide is evil, except when their deity is the culprit.

Sex and having children outside of marriage is a sin, except for Jesus' mother.

Adultery and murdering your adulterous partner's husband is a sin, except when you're "a man after god's own heart".

Invisible and imaginary are forbidden adjectives.

The list goes on...
"We will see" - Conan the barbarian.

:chuckle:

I am responsible for the content of the thread I made and you are protected by my "terrible methods".

There are advantages to discussion with me. I'm willing to go to the end of the earth to protect the topic. I'll Modify my thread by adding this quote to the OP and making it clear that I want to nurture discussion between us that allows for Theist and Atheist / Agnostic perspective.

In other words... it is on topic for either of us to bring the perspective of either side.

Thank you for even considering discussion and forgive me for misunderstanding your stance.

If you welcome it... I will enter discussion with you on the thread discussed as equals, with equal rights to discuss our objections to belief and unbelief.

I essentially worded it that God and Mankind can be on trial in the thread. That's aa no holds barred as it gets.

:D

Silent Hunter

I am responsible for the content of the thread I made and you are protected by my "terrible methods".

There are advantages to discussion with me. I'm willing to go to the end of the earth to protect the topic. I'll Modify my thread by adding this quote to the OP and making it clear that I want to nurture discussion between us that allows for Theist and Atheist / Agnostic perspective.

In other words... it is on topic for either of us to bring the perspective of either side.

Thank you for even considering discussion and forgive me for misunderstanding your stance.

If you welcome it... I will enter discussion with you on the thread discussed as equals, with equal rights to discuss our objections to belief and unbelief.

I essentially worded it that God and Mankind can be on trial in the thread. That's aa no holds barred as it gets.

:D
I will answer this in greater detail on the new thread. See you there.