Jesus is God

Jesus is God

• Total voters

journey

I suspect Jesus suffered from delusions of grandeur, a messiah complex. That is why he had to escape or hide when threatened with stoning. I deal with people who hear voices and see apparitions which are possible hallucinations. Jesus claimed he had those experiences too. Now if he had direct and instant contact with god or the Holy Ghost rather than at inopportune moments, he would have reacted differently to those threats. He did claim to be the Christ and son of god. He just never acted as one. At least not according to the verses I quoted in my post.
I am on a Christian forum to observe the level of biblical scholarship that is applied in the discussions.
Anyone can quote scripture to justify anything. Scriptures have been used to support slavery, oppression of race and sexes and to wage wars and burn people at stakes for being different or holding a different view.
It is time to apply critical thinking and scholarship and to put context to some very dangerous doctrines of the past. How great is that!!!

You're making it obvious that you are lost and without God in your life. You know nothing about God or the Holy Bible, so you aren't one to criticize. Yet, you even disrespect God in your ignorance.

1 Corinthians 2:14 KJV But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

musterion

If Jesus was not God, then exactly who (or, more correctly, WHAT) was He? We have only three options to choose from:

1. Not God, but a god (proponents: Mormons and others)

This won't work. God Himself says there is only ONE God and that He knows of no other beside Himself.

2. An angel (proponents: Jehovah's Witnesses and others)

This won't work, either. The Bible says angels are spirit beings who can take on the likeness of flesh and blood but gives no hint anywhere that they can also bleed or physically die. The sacrificial Lamb of God offered for the sin of the world HAD to be able to both genuinely bleed and truly die.

3. A good man (lots of people)

Definitely not. While a man can bleed and die, a strictly human Jesus would be a child of Adam, and so would have inherited Adam's sin nature (as we all have done). But God has always demanded pure, unblemished sacrifices for sin...anything less than perfect is unacceptable.

CONSIDER: To satisfy God's righteous justice, our Savior had to bleed and die in our place, for our sin. Angels don't bleed, so He had to be one of us...He had to be fully human.

To be an acceptable Sacrifice for sin, however, He also had to be sinless. No human is sinless; only God Himself is without sin. So our Savior--in order to be our Savior--had to be as sinless and holy and pure as God Himself.

Therefore, Jesus was--and is--exactly who the Bible says He is: the Son of God, the God-man, almighty God in human flesh. He is the Creator who became part of His own creation to save His lost and dying creatures. He had to be both; were He anything less than fully God and fully human, He would be unable to save us.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
If you have ill respect for Christianity, get outta Dodge and
seek a Hindu forum! Those guys will greet you with open arms!
You won't look like an imbecile to them!!

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
That is easy for you to say. But the trinity is indispensable to Christianity. One cannot claim to be saved and yet reject the trinity doctrine.

I said
lol That's where your wrong. I'm not only saved I have obtained salvation. And I have never bought into the trinity deception.

Harikrishna

BANNED
Banned
If Jesus was not God, then exactly who (or, more correctly, WHAT) was He? We have only three options to choose from:

This won't work. God Himself says there is only ONE God and that He knows of no other beside Himself.

This won't work, either. The Bible says angels are spirit beings who can take on the likeness of flesh and blood but gives no hint anywhere that they can also bleed or physically die. However, the sacrificial Lamb of God offered for the sin of the world HAD to be able to both bleed and die.

Definitely not. While a man can bleed and die, a strictly human Jesus would be a child of Adam, and so would have inherited Adam's sin nature (as we all have done). But God has always demanded pure, unblemished sacrifices for sin...anything less than perfect is
unacceptable.

CONSIDER: To satisfy God's righteous justice, our Savior had to suffer, bleed, and die in our place, for our sin. So He had to be one of us...He had to be fully human.

To be an acceptable Sacrifice for sin, however, He had to be sinless. No human is sinless; only God Himself is without sin. So our Savior--in order to be our Savior--also had to be as sinless and holy and pure as God Himself.

Therefore, Jesus was--and is--exactly who the Bible says He is: the God-man, almighty God in human flesh. He is the Creator who became part of His own creation to save His lost and dying creatures. He had to be both; were He anything less than fully God and fully human, He would be unable to save us.

You forget Adam was sinless. He was created from dust. But all his descendent were sinners. God did not create Jesus from dust so Jesus could not be sinless like Adam. God created Jesus by fornicating with a sinner Mary. She might have been a virgin. But like all those after Adam, she was a sinner too. Mary should have been stoned for adultery because she begat children from Joseph while she was still married to god the father of her first born son Jesus.
Jesus died because he claimed to be the messiah and the Jews were disappointed. The Jews have seen god send Moses, David, Samson to deliver them in the past. Jesus was no messiah to them.
If Jesus was with sin as he was the product of fornication (god/Mary) and Mary was both a sinner as all descendants of Adam are as well as an adulterer for the reasons I gave. Then Jesus could not be sinless and therefore could not be the sacrificial lamb for our sins.
So why would god pick such an unlikely candidate? He didn't.
Jesus believed he was special and claimed to be the Christ/Messiah. At the cross he realized his mistake and cried out. "My god why have you forsaken me." God heard his plea and resurrected him. Jesus did not fulfill the prophecies of the Jewish prophets nor did he establish his divinity. But he did ask for forgiveness from god for those that crucified him. "Father forgive them for they know not what they do."
So what about all the Jews and gentile sinners?
They might all have to bear their own cross.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
You forget Adam was sinless. He was created from dust. But all his descendent were sinners. God did not create Jesus from dust so Jesus could not be sinless like Adam. God created Jesus by fornicating with a sinner Mary. She might have been a virgin. But like all those after Adam, she was a sinner too. Mary should have been stoned for adultery because she begat children from Joseph while she was still married to god the father of her first born son Jesus.
Jesus died because he claimed to be the messiah and the Jews were disappointed. The Jews have seen god send Moses, David, Samson to deliver them in the past. Jesus was no messiah to them.
If Jesus was with sin as he was the product of fornication (god/Mary) and Mary was both a sinner as all descendants of Adam are as well as an adulterer for the reasons I gave. Then Jesus could not be sinless and therefore could not be the sacrificial lamb for our sins.
So why would god pick such an unlikely candidate? He didn't.
Jesus believed he was special and claimed to be the Christ/Messiah. At the cross he realized his mistake and cried out. "My god why have you forsaken me." God heard his plea and resurrected him. Jesus did not fulfill the prophecies of the Jewish prophets nor did he establish his divinity. But he did ask for forgiveness from god for those that crucified him. "Father forgive them for they know not what they do."
So what about all the Jews and gentile sinners?
They might all have to bear their own cross.

You're a blasphemer!

achduke

This won't work, either. The Bible says angels are spirit beings who can take on the likeness of flesh and blood but gives no hint anywhere that they can also bleed or physically die. The sacrificial Lamb of God offered for the sin of the world HAD to be able to both genuinely bleed and truly die.

Definitely not. While a man can bleed and die, a strictly human Jesus would be a child of Adam, and so would have inherited Adam's sin nature (as we all have done). But God has always demanded pure, unblemished sacrifices for sin...anything less than perfect is unacceptable.

CONSIDER: To satisfy God's righteous justice, our Savior had to bleed and die in our place, for our sin. Angels don't bleed, so He had to be one of us...He had to be fully human.

To be an acceptable Sacrifice for sin, however, He also had to be sinless. No human is sinless; only God Himself is without sin. So our Savior--in order to be our Savior--had to be as sinless and holy and pure as God Himself.

Therefore, Jesus was--and is--exactly who the Bible says He is: the Son of God, the God-man, almighty God in human flesh. He is the Creator who became part of His own creation to save His lost and dying creatures. He had to be both; were He anything less than fully God and fully human, He would be unable to save us.

4. The Son of God. Sinless, a man born to a virgin from the line of David. Annointed by the Holy spirit. The Temple of God who God(Holy Spirit) dwells in.

musterion

4. The Son of God. Sinless, born of a virgin from the line of David. The Temple of God who God dwells in.

I said "Son of God" near the end, perhaps you missed it. But I sense you're going elsewhere with it...do you mean "a specially created vessel or avatar of God, but not God Himself" ?

achduke

I said "Son of God" near the end, perhaps you missed it. But I sense you're going elsewhere with it...do you mean "a specially created vessel or avatar of God, but not God Himself" ?

God is Manifest in him. He is the first. The corner stone. His Bride is also God's temple. God does not tabernacle in a temple made with human hands. God tabernacles inside the human. His holy people. Jesus is God in that he is God's temple. They will always dwell together forever more. When Jesus speaks it is God speaking. Jesus said it is not him speaking but the Father speaking.

achduke

Yes. But christ was no ordinary man. God is not flesh. Jesus is the flesh. He also has a new body. Incorruptible.