Jesus is God !

dave3712

Matt 19:16-26

16 And, behold, one came and said unto him, Good Master, what good thing shall I do, that I may have eternal life?

17 And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments.

18 He saith unto him, Which? Jesus said, Thou shalt do no murder, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness,

19 Honour thy father and thy mother: and, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

20 The young man saith unto him, All these things have I kept from my youth up: what lack I yet?

21 Jesus said unto him, If thou wilt be perfect, go and sell that thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come and follow me.

22 But when the young man heard that saying, he went away sorrowful: for he had great possessions.

23 Then said Jesus unto his disciples, Verily I say unto you, That a rich man shall hardly enter into the kingdom of heaven.

24 And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

25 When his disciples heard it, they were exceedingly amazed, saying, Who then can be saved?

26 But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.

This passage actually is teaching the Truth that Jesus is God ! Notice vs 17 As the young man had addressed Jesus as good, and Jesus responded accordingly, why callest thou me good, for none is good but ONE, that One Being God

Now , notice Jesus did not say, none is good but One and that is my Father, but He said that One, Being God !

Now if Jesus by this is not insinuating that He is God, then the alternative is that He was not good, seeing He just said only ONE, not Two, but ONLY ONE is good.

Now, if Jesus was not good, being that He was not the Only One Good God, then His commanding him, the young ruler, in order to be perfect, that he must go sell all his possessions, then give to the poor, and follow Him; Such an commandment exposed that the young man loved his possessions above God, which was a violation of the very first commandment, now if Jesus was not God, then the young mans refusal to obey and follow Jesus, could not be a proper standard to gauge his Love to God !

For there could not have been nothing amiss about not making such a great sacrifice as that Jesus told him, and then following Him if the One speaking was not the One God, who Only was good !

I like your logic here.

Jesus never said he wasn't good, hence God.
He merely asked the young man "Why."
Why call me that?

keypurr

Oh a copy....which of your learned scholars did you get that one from?

How is a son different in nature and attributes to his father?

I'm a scholar, not a good one though. I'm still learning.

The Father is uncreated.
The son I see as a creation, for heis the image of his father. They are both spirits. So the Father can not die, but the son can. The son took the form of man so people could see what and who God is. This is the wy God was manifest in man. See, God did not send himself, he sent his son.

Apple7

I like your logic here.

Jesus never said he wasn't good, hence God.
He merely asked the young man "Why."
Why call me that?

Now...try asking for his 'logic' for stating that the Archangel Michael is Jesus...

By his reasoning, then Michael is God.

keypurr

Yet God said that there was no God formed before or after Him, Isaiah 43:10.

How many times need you be told this?

So you think I should discard the Books of Hebrews and Colossins?

If Jesus Christ is the son of the most high God, what does that make him?
If Christ is the express image of the Father, what does that make him?
If God calls him a god, what does that mke him?

Why did Jesus Christ say that his Father is the only true God?

dave3712

I call you attention to The words "son of the most high God".

The term Most high God is used all through scripture. Jesus is called the son of the most high God. That means he is not the almighty, but the son of. It also implies a second and lesser deity. Christ is the express image of God and the father was pleased that it had his fullness.

Just something to ponder over.

Peace

I agree.

When Jesus he "I am the Truth, and the life, and the way" he was telling us explicitly that his Father was the almighty force behind the ever unfolding Reality that surrounds us.

Truth is the ideal which we strive to model our thinking after.
Truth is the image of this Reality in our mind, a spirit we can accept in place of Satan the liar.

keypurr

Look at him run, folks....pops is all bark and no bite...

You poor little child Apple7. I was hoping that you would have grown up by now. But I guess I was asking to much. But I will answer for you so that maybe you will learn something.

My Lord gives me the right to the tree of life Apple7. My God has given him the power to pass out the tickets. I guess you did not get yours yet.

You still believe in Santa right? How about the Easter Bunny?

keypurr

I agree.

When Jesus he "I am the Truth, and the life, and the way" he was telling us explicitly that his Father was the almighty force behind the ever unfolding Reality that surrounds us.

Truth is the ideal which we strive to model our thinking after.
Truth is the image of this Reality in our mind, a spirit we can accept in place of Satan the liar.

Mar 14:61 But he held his peace, and answered nothing. Again the high priest asked him, and said unto him, Art thou the Christ, the Son of the Blessed?
Mar 14:62 And Jesus said, I am: and ye shall see the Son of man sitting on the right hand of power, and coming in the clouds of heaven.

That in in a nutshell friend.

Pierac

Well played Beloved57 … you expose this subject!!!

When Trinitarians say "God," they mean the combination of all three persons, Father, Son, and the Holy Spirit. If they want to refer to one specific member of the Trinity they will use the corresponding name such as "the Son" etc.

That’s it for the definitions for now, I hope that wasn’t too deep! Okay, one set up verse. Trinitarians will agree that there is only one God who is called Yahweh. The problem is that they include Jesus as a member of Yahweh. But for now, we all agree that the only God is Yahweh.

Isaiah 45:5 – "I am the LORD (YHWH) and there is no other, there is no God besides me."

This is pretty simple. YHWH is the ONLY God. So far, so good.

Exodus 3:15 – "Thus shall you say to the Israelites: The LORD (YHWH), the God of your fathers, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, the God of Jacob, has sent me to you."

Okay, the God of your fathers, Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob is the LORD (YHWH).

The God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob = YHWH.

Acts 3:13 – "The God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob, the God of our ancestors, has glorified his servant Jesus."

Does this verse imply that Jesus is the God of Abraham etc.? Of course not! Just read it. The God of Abraham glorified who?

Himself? No! He glorified his servant Jesus. This is not difficult. Jesus is obviously not the God of Abraham etc. He is the God of Abraham’s SERVANT. Who is the God of Abraham? YHWH. And YHWH is who? The ONLY God. So Jesus is not God? Of course not. He is God’s anointed.

Acts 10:38 – "How God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Spirit and power. He went about doing good and healing all oppressed by the devil, for God was with him."

Who anointed Jesus? It doesn’t say the Father anointed Jesus, it says GOD. You can obviously see that Jesus is not the God that anointed him. If I said, "The king anointed Bob," would you think that it meant that Bob is the king? Of course not. Jesus is the servant whom God anointed to do his will. That is the whole purpose of anointing someone, to give them the wisdom and power that they will need in order to serve God. Does it make sense to you that God would anoint God with God? :rolleyes:

I just proved you right… Beloved57 !
:poly::sherlock:
Paul

keypurr

Well played Beloved57 … you expose this subject!!!

When Trinitarians say "God," they mean the combination of all three persons, Father, Son, and the Holy Spirit. If they want to refer to one specific member of the Trinity they will use the corresponding name such as "the Son" etc.

That’s it for the definitions for now, I hope that wasn’t too deep! Okay, one set up verse. Trinitarians will agree that there is only one God who is called Yahweh. The problem is that they include Jesus as a member of Yahweh. But for now, we all agree that the only God is Yahweh.

Isaiah 45:5 – "I am the LORD (YHWH) and there is no other, there is no God besides me."

This is pretty simple. YHWH is the ONLY God. So far, so good.

Exodus 3:15 – "Thus shall you say to the Israelites: The LORD (YHWH), the God of your fathers, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, the God of Jacob, has sent me to you."

Okay, the God of your fathers, Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob is the LORD (YHWH).

The God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob = YHWH.

Acts 3:13 – "The God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob, the God of our ancestors, has glorified his servant Jesus."

Does this verse imply that Jesus is the God of Abraham etc.? Of course not! Just read it. The God of Abraham glorified who?

Himself? No! He glorified his servant Jesus. This is not difficult. Jesus is obviously not the God of Abraham etc. He is the God of Abraham’s SERVANT. Who is the God of Abraham? YHWH. And YHWH is who? The ONLY God. So Jesus is not God? Of course not. He is God’s anointed.

Acts 10:38 – "How God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Spirit and power. He went about doing good and healing all oppressed by the devil, for God was with him."

Who anointed Jesus? It doesn’t say the Father anointed Jesus, it says GOD. You can obviously see that Jesus is not the God that anointed him. If I said, "The king anointed Bob," would you think that it meant that Bob is the king? Of course not. Jesus is the servant whom God anointed to do his will. That is the whole purpose of anointing someone, to give them the wisdom and power that they will need in order to serve God. Does it make sense to you that God would anoint God with God? :rolleyes:

I just proved you right… Beloved57 !
:poly::sherlock:
Paul

I hope he sees it Paul.

The Apostle Paul says we have one God and one Lord. I believe that.

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
I'm a scholar, not a good one though. I'm still learning.

The Father is uncreated.
The son I see as a creation, for heis the image of his father. They are both spirits. So the Father can not die, but the son can. The son took the form of man so people could see what and who God is. This is the wy God was manifest in man. See, God did not send himself, he sent his son.

Ah I fear you is doting keeps, what sense do you make?...you say

"the son took the form of man so people could see what and who God is."

Now what could THAT be double dutch for I wonder. "He took the form" so at last you admit His pre-existence, what form then did He have before He took the form of man?

Paul say He was in the form of God.

How by becoming man does He show God? His enemies [and unitarians] dispute that He was God and they went so far as to say He was of the devil [you only say we who believe in His deity are of the devil] so His deity was not revealed to everyone.

"Flesh and blood hath not revealed this unto you but My Father in heaven"

So you will agree from this that His deity was not revealed by becoming a man but veiled [oh learned keeps]

When God revealed to Peter Jesu's Sonship He was revealing Christ's deity...for YOU were not conceived in the womb of a virgin by the Holy Spirit were you? no, nor was any man but Christ was.

SeraphimsCherub

The law WAS a burden. Not any more. They were trying to earn salvation. You can't, it a gift. Have faith and stop worrying.

Amen my brother...we are brother's in Christ Jesus our Lord,and we have a Love for GOD sewn into our heart's by the Holy Spirit,and that's all that truly matters.

Blessings...
SC

Pneuma

pn

Uh no we do not ! If you want to discuss that, we need to discuss how you believe one is saved, but not here in this thread !

Nope don't want to go there. People are always saying you cannot be saved,a child of God, a christian unless you believe as I do. It is all crap. All it does is divide the body of Christ.

Apple7

wake up pops!

wake up pops!

My Lord gives me the right to the tree of life Apple7. My God has given him the power to pass out the tickets.

Take a good look, pops...Jesus has complete authority over the Tree of Life...He did not ask permission....Jesus, as God, has always had the authority...

• The Book of Revelation describes to us the Tree of Life and the Water of Life, as found in the Paradise of God
• The first mention of the Tree of Life comes from Jesus Christ (Rev 2.7)
• Jesus declares that He, alone, gives the right to eat of the Tree of Life in the Paradise of God, via the dative, singular, masculine, personal pronoun, “autos”, and the first-person singular “didomi”, rendered as “give” or “bestow a gift”
• Jesus also informs John that He is the giver of the Water of Life (Rev 21.6 – 7)
• Jesus declares that He, alone, gives the right to drink from the Water of Life in the Paradise of God, via the first-person, nominative, singular, personal pronoun, “ego”; and, once again, the text uses the first-person singular “didomi”, rendered as “give” or “bestow a gift”
In these verses, “Theos” is in the nominative case, indicating that Jesus is the subject of the verb “esomai” establishing Him as God
• Further, observe that Jesus establishes that His deity is directly interchangeable with the Father, making the ones overcoming, the sons to Him
• In the final chapter of Revelation, Jesus’ angel shows John that the Tree of Life is part of the Water of Life, in the Paradise of God (Rev 22.1 – 4)
• Revelation chapter 22 declares that both the Water of Life and the Tree of Life are intertwined with one another, and emanate from the singular throne of God and the Lamb
• Jesus clearly establishes that He, alone, is responsible for providing both drink and food in Paradise
• In Revelation 7.13 – 17, we are informed that the redeemed, the victorious, the Elect, which are in Paradise, before the singular Throne of Jesus, of God, are removed from hunger, from thirst, and from heat by Jesus Christ

Simply more scriptural ignorance on your part.

Now....do your thing...and ignore what scripture says...finish-out your days in ignorance...

Pneuma

Anyone can choose to use what ever verses they desire in want to convince another of what they believe. The greater POWER i choose to believe JESUS CHRIST IS{THE MOST HIGH GOD,BOTH IN THE SPIRITUAL REALM,AND THE PHYSICAL} to be. The greater my faith will be in HIM and what HE CAN DO. He who has the POWER to lay down HIS life,and the POWER to RAISE it back up agian. IS GOD. Demons who are a far greater power than you,or I,believe in HIM,and TREMBLE. So we might want to think long and hard about who we choose to believe JESUS CHRIST really is. The MAN put ETERNITY on HIS WORDS,and said..."HEAVEN,AND EARTH SHALL PASS AWAY BUT MY WORDS ABIDETH FOREVER,AND SHALL NEVER PASS AWAY!

You are free to believe that. I believe Jesus Christ is God, but NOT God the Father. Jesus' own words tell us he is NOT the Father. I simply believe Jesus knew who He was.

Pneuma

He laid aside His and took it up again no mere man could do that.

I never met a son who was different in nature or attributes to his father...but keypurr begot a rabbit.

Can't speak for others but I have never said Jesus was just a man.

God never said let me make man in my image and likeness.
God said let us make man in our image and likeness.

At least two disticnt personalities are in that statement.

and Adam was a son of God.