Jesus is God !

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Seeing thru 'assumptions'......

Seeing thru 'assumptions'......

The Lord Jesus Christ is God because He is the Righteous Judge Paul mentions here 2 Tim 4:8

8 Henceforth there is laid up for me a crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous judge, shall give me at that day: and not to me only, but unto all them also that love his appearing.

In the greek it reads, the Lord the Righteous Judge ! The definite article before Lord and before Righteous Judge means He is the One and Only Judge of the Righteous.

Now the OT scriptures says Ecc 3:17

I said in mine heart, God shall judge the righteous and the wicked: for there is a time there for every purpose and for every work.

Paul is one of the Righteous, and God shall Judge the Righteous, and Paul looks to Christ to do that at His Appearing !

No need to mix up OT passages to infer or assume a NT connection with Jesus, since while Jewish allegories may correlate to Christian innovations, much of it does not...from a pure Jewish perspective...as Jesus is rejected as being the Jewish Messiah from an traditional-orthodox perspective.

Jewish Messiah Wanted (also note that the Jewish Messiah is not held to be 'God' as traditionally defined).

'God' in truth, is an independent reality, Self-existing, prior to personality yet including all personality-constructs.

Paul knew that Christ is God !

Assumption. Paul made clear distinct references of Jesus and God, a differentiation relatively speaking. Lumping them all together into an eternal Godhead is 'conceptual'. The reference above does not prove Jesus is 'God', but may serve as his messenger (representative). In this way,...the messenger acts as the 'agent' of 'God'. The saints also will judge the wicked as they stand in the righteousness of 'God',....but this does not make them 'God'. God's messenger, envoys and prophets represent 'God'. Only in this way, besides any metaphysical or spiritual unity or synergy....are they ministering as 'God'.

On a pure essential, spiritual level of Being....we are all 'God',....so saying Jesus is 'God' is a no-brainer,...since he is the perfect expression of divine Sonship, serving His Father with his whole being. In this way too...we can say "I and the Father are One"....since we stand in divine Sonship, and realize the Christ-consciousness within, there being no separation anywhere...since 'God is all'. 'God' is the One Universal Reality thru-out. From a non-dualistic perspective,....there is only the one spirit-substance and universal consciousness in which all reality and conditions of existence arise. This is all there is. There is no separation, no difference, no 'two' of anything,...since all is of the one indivisible essence, no matter what distinctions or differences the mind perceives as complex perceptions. All is Spirit.

In the realm of duality or dualistic-perception, Jesus is a distinct personality from the Universal Father, and only like 'God' in essence and character as he derives his being and nature from 'God'. Jesus from our relative perspective is both Son of Man & Son of God, no matter how many church-councils have argued over the centuries, dissecting Jesus into 'this', 'that' and a 'combo-pak'.

Nevertheless,...God who is Light (Consciousness) is all there is. Nothing exists to be known or knowable outside of 'God', but if we speculate...that which is 'unknowable' is beyond conception. 'God' remains the absolute reality prior to any conception.

pj

keypurr

The Lord Jesus Christ is God because He is the Righteous Judge Paul mentions here 2 Tim 4:8

8 Henceforth there is laid up for me a crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous judge, shall give me at that day: and not to me only, but unto all them also that love his appearing.

In the greek it reads, the Lord the Righteous Judge ! The definite article before Lord and before Righteous Judge means He is the One and Only Judge of the Righteous.

Now the OT scriptures says Ecc 3:17

I said in mine heart, God shall judge the righteous and the wicked: for there is a time there for every purpose and for every work.

Paul is one of the Righteous, and God shall Judge the Righteous, and Paul looks to Christ to do that at His Appearing !

Paul knew that Christ is God !

No one knew Jesus as God. If he was God did he make himself Lord? No, God elevated him to the position of Lord of all creation. Did not Jesus tell you that his father is greater than all? Jesus has a God who sent him to us.

Posted from the TOL App!

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
seeing thru................

seeing thru................

~*~*~

Again we see that holding the statement or claim that Jesus is 'God' is only relevant or of value if a person can relate or translate such a statement into something valuable, as far as being meaningful.

Typical Unitarian/Trinitarian arguments often fall short but volley back and forth in their own courtyards,....the ball just bouncing back n forth to exhaustion. Only 'God' is 'God',...and that is the truth, but this means we understand or intuit that original reality that the word 'God' denotes.

What is more important is the reality that one himself can know or experience from moment to moment, in the 'now' and 'eternity' of existence,...since existence is what is now apparent and observable, which points to a more original ground of sentience which is one's own awareness that there is existence at all. So it comes back to the pure consciousness which is innate to oneself, which is the only point or place of reference known to exist :)

Where does that bring us? - well,....to reality itself. Reality is what actually IS. It is what is always NOW. - the timeless. Concepts arising in our mind are just that, which includes our various religious images, myths, symbols, nomenclature, assumptions, etc. Such are 'cosmetics' only, and useful if they provide a framework representing true values, meanings and principles which relate to our experience in the world, both material and spiritual.

So,...Jesus is God eh? - depends on how we define 'God' and relate Jesus to the revelation of 'God', which at last is something we accept subjectively as anything really meaningful.

pj

beloved57

My Lord and My God !

My Lord and My God !

Jn 20:28

And Thomas answered and said unto him, My Lord and my God.

29 Jesus saith unto him, Thomas, because thou hast seen me, thou hast believed: blessed are they that have not seen, and yet have believed.

In the original Thomas is confessing Jesus Christ as the Lord of me, and The God of me !

There is but One God and Lord of God's True People Israel

Deut 6:4

Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God is one Lord:

Mk 12:29

And Jesus answered him, The first of all the commandments is, Hear, O Israel; The Lord our God is one Lord:

1 Cor 8:6

But to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him.

Eph 4:5

One Lord, one faith, one baptism,

Now the Lord Jesus Christ is the One Lord, So He is the One God Deut 6:4

Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God is one Lord:

Back to Thomas's statement of Faith Jn 20:27-29

27 Then saith he to Thomas, Reach hither thy finger, and behold my hands; and reach hither thy hand, and thrust it into my side: and be not faithless, but believing.

28 And Thomas answered and said unto him, My Lord and my God.

29 Jesus saith unto him, Thomas, because thou hast seen me, thou hast believed: blessed are they that have not seen, and yet have believed.

Believed what ? That the Lord Jesus Christ is His Lord and His God of Israel Deut 6:4 !

This is the Faith of God's Elect, to confess such Mystery, not many have it.

Now this is not to say that all who confess Jesus as Jehovah are True Believers when they also believe in Salvation by works, but it does inform us, that any being a True Believer as Thomas was manifested to be, then they must have Faith and Believe that the Lord Jesus Christ is also the one and only Jehovah God. Its not even a question, its an Apostle Doctrine.

beloved57

The Holy Ghost is God !

The Holy Ghost is God !

Often the Church in her quest to contend for the Faith, we neglect another Major Doctrine of the Scripture Truth, that not only is the Father the One True God, and the Son/Word is the One True God, but also the Holy Ghost is the One True God !! The True God is revealed in the sacred scriptures as existing in Three different distinct subsistence, Yes Three distinct Beings , but yet One God. Now that the Holy Ghost is God is more than indicated here Acts 5:3-4

3 But Peter said, Ananias, why hath Satan filled thine heart to lie to the Holy Ghost, and to keep back part of the price of the land?

4 Whiles it remained, was it not thine own? and after it was sold, was it not in thine own power? why hast thou conceived this thing in thine heart? thou hast not lied unto men, but unto God.

Here, He that is in Vs 3 the Holy Ghost that was Lied to, is in Vs 4 God Lied unto !

beloved57

The Holy Ghost is God ! 2

The Holy Ghost is God ! 2

Another comparison that shows the Holy Ghost as God is here Jn 6:63

63 It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.

Here, the Spirit, whom is the Holy Ghost, Jesus says is the one who quicknens or makes alive, But yet again Paul writes in Eph 2:4-5

4 But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us,

5 Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved)

Its God who is stated to have quickened or makes alive !

beloved57

That Jesus Christ is God is plainly taught in the scripture when we consider that Jesus Christ is the Word, which was God Jn 1:1,14

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

And the Word which was God was made flesh Vs 14

And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

So this being made flesh is when and how The Almighty God was manifested in the flesh, which was Miracle upon Miracles 1 Tim 3:16

16 And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.

And without this belief, there is no Godliness at all !

glorydaz

That Jesus Christ is God is plainly taught in the scripture when we consider that Jesus Christ is the Word, which was God Jn 1:1,14

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

And the Word which was God was made flesh Vs 14

And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

So this being made flesh is when and how The Almighty God was manifested in the flesh, which was Miracle upon Miracles 1 Tim 3:16

16 And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.

And without this belief, there is no Godliness at all !

Yes, you get a :thumb: from me, too.

keypurr

Yes, you get a :thumb: from me, too.

It is my understanding that the word "logos" is translated as "word" in less than 20% of the times it is used. Plan or reason fits better than word. I will see if I can find that article in my notes.

Sent from my Nexus 7

Princely

BANNED
Banned
Matt 19:16-26

16 And, behold, one came and said unto him, Good Master, what good thing shall I do, that I may have eternal life?

17 And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments.

18 He saith unto him, Which? Jesus said, Thou shalt do no murder, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness,

19 Honour thy father and thy mother: and, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

20 The young man saith unto him, All these things have I kept from my youth up: what lack I yet?

21 Jesus said unto him, If thou wilt be perfect, go and sell that thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come and follow me.

22 But when the young man heard that saying, he went away sorrowful: for he had great possessions.

23 Then said Jesus unto his disciples, Verily I say unto you, That a rich man shall hardly enter into the kingdom of heaven.

24 And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

25 When his disciples heard it, they were exceedingly amazed, saying, Who then can be saved?

26 But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.

This passage actually is teaching the Truth that Jesus is God ! Notice vs 17 As the young man had addressed Jesus as good, and Jesus responded accordingly, why callest thou me good, for none is good but ONE, that One Being God

Now , notice Jesus did not say, none is good but One and that is my Father, but He said that One, Being God !

Now if Jesus by this is not insinuating that He is God, then the alternative is that He was not good, seeing He just said only ONE, not Two, but ONLY ONE is good.

Now, if Jesus was not good, being that He was not the Only One Good God, then His commanding him, the young ruler, in order to be perfect, that he must go sell all his possessions, then give to the poor, and follow Him; Such an commandment exposed that the young man loved his possessions above God, which was a violation of the very first commandment, now if Jesus was not God, then the young mans refusal to obey and follow Jesus, could not be a proper standard to gauge his Love to God !

For there could not have been nothing amiss about not making such a great sacrifice as that Jesus told him, and then following Him if the One speaking was not the One God, who Only was good !

What Jesus was saying is that there is only One who is good but not in a numerical number. It is a position as One with God.

There is only One who is good that is god.

I am good. I am the way the truth and the life no one comes to the Lord except by me.

No can enter the kingdom of God unless they walk in the light of the Lord and serve Him in spirit and in truth.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
A 'version' or 'belief' is dispensible........

A 'version' or 'belief' is dispensible........

Yet you do not believe in the same God I do !

Indicating that many 'versions' or 'concepts' of 'God' exist. What gets interesting to consider is...."Is your version or concept of 'God' in fact true, beyond it being just an 'interpretation' or 'religious belief'?"

Continuing from here and previous posts,.....the statement 'Jesus is God' serves no one but the one assuming such as it relates anything of value or meaning in their information-matrix. One not knowing about Jesus or necessarily relating to him in the same manner does not hold such a belief or assumed knowledge.

'God' as properly defined holds His own timeless supremacy as the Infinite One Alone.....from which all conceptions of 'God/Goddess' and 'Creation' arise.... since out of that Infinite One emerges all that exists, within knowledge and beyond knowledge. In this pure sense, 'God is All There Is'. - what is entertained out of 'God'(consciousness) are various thoughts, images, concepts or personifications of that 'God'. - while God may incarnate within the form of Man or other forms within creation, He is not limited to those forms or bodily assumptions, but still remains infinite.

pj

beloved57

Who is the Amen here in Rev 3:14 ?

Who is the Amen here in Rev 3:14 ?

Rev 3:14

14 And unto the angel of the church of the Laodiceans write; These things saith the Amen, the faithful and true witness, the beginning of the creation of God;

We know who it is speaking in the verse, however what does He mean by calling Himself the Amen ? Here in the greek it reads :

ὁ Ἀμήν ὁ μάρτυς ὁ πιστὸς

It has the greek definite Article, so He is the One and Only Amen ! From Hebrew it means, firm , stedfast, ot Trustworthy, hence He claims Himself to be, The Lord, the Firm Steadfast one, The Trustworthy one, the God of Truth Isa 65:16

16 That he who blesseth himself in the earth shall bless himself in the God of truth; and he that sweareth in the earth shall swear by the God of truth; because the former troubles are forgotten, and because they are hid from mine eyes.

The Amen; one steady and unchangeable in all his purposes and promises.

He is the God of Truth Ps 31:5

Into thine hand I commit my spirit: thou hast redeemed me, O Lord God of truth.

Remember when Stephen was about to die, notice what he said and whom he specifically said it to Acts 7:59-60

59 And they stoned Stephen, calling upon God, and saying, Lord Jesus, receive my spirit.

60 And he kneeled down, and cried with a loud voice, Lord, lay not this sin to their charge. And when he had said this, he fell asleep.

Calling upon God, and saying Lord Jesus, receive my spirit. Jesus the Lord God was his redeemer.

Jesus is the God of Truth, the one and Only Amen ! Speaking of Him in His Divine Nature.

beloved57

The Lord Jesus Christ is God when we consider the scriptures as follows, Here in Ps 110:1

The Lord said unto my Lord, Sit thou at my right hand, until I make thine enemies thy footstool.

He is Identified as the Lord adoni. It is here we have Jehovah The Father saying to His Son Adoni or Lord,

Which is the same Lord as here Isa 6:1-3

In the year that king Uzziah died I saw also the Lord[adoni] sitting upon a throne, high and lifted up, and his train filled the temple.

2 Above it stood the seraphims: each one had six wings; with twain he covered his face, and with twain he covered his feet, and with twain he did fly.

3 And one cried unto another, and said, Holy, holy, holy, is the Lord of hosts: the whole earth is full of his glory.

And we know from other scripture that this refers to Jesus Christ Jn 12:39-41

39 Therefore they could not believe, because that Esaias said again,

40 He hath blinded their eyes, and hardened their heart; that they should not see with their eyes, nor understand with their heart, and be converted, and I should heal them.

41 These things said Esaias, when he saw his glory, and spake of him.

And we know that Isaiah also identifies the Lord adoni as here and Ps 110:1 as the Lord of Jehovah of Hosts Isa 6:3,5

3 And one cried unto another, and said, Holy, holy, holy, is the Lord[Yĕhovah] of hosts: the whole earth is full of his glory.

5 Then said I, Woe is me! for I am undone; because I am a man of unclean lips, and I dwell in the midst of a people of unclean lips: for mine eyes have seen the King, the Lord[Yĕhovah] of hosts.

Again, this was Jesus Christ seen , we know from Jn 12:41

These things said Esaias, when he saw his glory, and spake of him.

To deny this clear Teaching out of the scripture, is flat out rejection of Scriptural Testimony and Calling God a Liar, For this is God's Word making Testimony of His Son 1 Jn 5:10

10 He that believeth on the Son of God hath the witness in himself: he that believeth not God hath made him a liar; because he believeth not the record that God gave of his Son.

Nanja

Psalm 45:6 Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: the sceptre of thy kingdom is a right sceptre.

Blind are the eyes that cannot see God in Christ Jesus!
-C. Spurgeon

~~~~~

keypurr

Psalm 45:6 Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: the sceptre of thy kingdom is a right sceptre.

Blind are the eyes that cannot see God in Christ Jesus!
-C. Spurgeon

~~~~~

Heb 1:8 But unto the Son he saith, Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: a sceptre of righteousness is the sceptre of thy kingdom.
Heb 1:9 Thou hast loved righteousness, and hated iniquity; therefore God, even thy God, hath anointed thee with the oil of gladness above thy fellows.
Heb 1:10 And, Thou, Lord, in the beginning hast laid the foundation of the earth; and the heavens are the works of thine hands:

God anointed Christ proved that Christ is not the most high God.

keypurr

The Lord Jesus Christ is God when we consider the scriptures as follows, Here in Ps 110:1

The Lord said unto my Lord, Sit thou at my right hand, until I make thine enemies thy footstool.

He is Identified as the Lord adoni. It is here we have Jehovah The Father saying to His Son Adoni or Lord,

Which is the same Lord as here Isa 6:1-3

In the year that king Uzziah died I saw also the Lord[adoni] sitting upon a throne, high and lifted up, and his train filled the temple.

2 Above it stood the seraphims: each one had six wings; with twain he covered his face, and with twain he covered his feet, and with twain he did fly.

3 And one cried unto another, and said, Holy, holy, holy, is the Lord of hosts: the whole earth is full of his glory.

And we know from other scripture that this refers to Jesus Christ Jn 12:39-41

39 Therefore they could not believe, because that Esaias said again,

40 He hath blinded their eyes, and hardened their heart; that they should not see with their eyes, nor understand with their heart, and be converted, and I should heal them.

41 These things said Esaias, when he saw his glory, and spake of him.

And we know that Isaiah also identifies the Lord adoni as here and Ps 110:1 as the Lord of Jehovah of Hosts Isa 6:3,5

3 And one cried unto another, and said, Holy, holy, holy, is the Lord[Yĕhovah] of hosts: the whole earth is full of his glory.

5 Then said I, Woe is me! for I am undone; because I am a man of unclean lips, and I dwell in the midst of a people of unclean lips: for mine eyes have seen the King, the Lord[Yĕhovah] of hosts.

Again, this was Jesus Christ seen , we know from Jn 12:41

These things said Esaias, when he saw his glory, and spake of him.

To deny this clear Teaching out of the scripture, is flat out rejection of Scriptural Testimony and Calling God a Liar, For this is God's Word making Testimony of His Son 1 Jn 5:10

10 He that believeth on the Son of God hath the witness in himself: he that believeth not God hath made him a liar; because he believeth not the record that God gave of his Son.

You can't see the trees because of the forest friend.

The LORD said unto my Lord, Sit thou at my right hand, until I make thine enemies thy footstool.

This is about God speaking to his son Christ. God will make Christ's enemies his footstool.

beloved57

This is about God speaking to his son Christ. God will make Christ's enemies his footstool.

That was already stated, did you read the rest of the post ? Go over with us each point made with scripture.