Jesus is God !

Gill White

My argument is not that Christ is not God, my argument is Christ is not God the Father. They are two disticnt beings, just as my sons are not me, but come from me.

Jesus is the Christ, the Son of the Living God:

Mat 16:16
And Simon Peter answered and said, Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God.

Mat 26:63
But Jesus held his peace. And the high priest answered and said unto him, I adjure thee by the living God, that thou tell us whether thou be the Christ, the Son of God.

Joh 6:68-69 KJV
(68) Then Simon Peter answered him, Lord, to whom shall we go? thou hast the words of eternal life.
(69) And we believe and are sure that thou art that Christ, the Son of the living God.

Wile E. Coyote

And Simon Peter answered and said, Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God.

But Jesus held his peace. And the high priest answered and said unto him, I adjure thee by the living God, that thou tell us whether thou be the Christ, the Son of God.
To All,

Please note that GW omits what comes next in Jesus' verbal encounter with Caiaphas. After Caiaphas had asked Jesus if He was the Christ, the Son of God Jesus affirmed that He was. Then Caiaphas rent his clothes which was a sign that Jesus had committed blasphemy and profaned the name of God. For Jesus to claim to be the Son of God in the manner He did was to profane God's very Name, John 19:5; Leviticus 24:16.

Apple7

The best way to teach, is to rather prove that the trinity doctrine is true, then asking someone to thwart it:

I am yet to find one person, who actually knows and understands the ''trinity'' doctrine.

No Gill,

The premise is for Trinity deniers to state what they even think it is in the first place before they construct their false strawman argument against it.

My avatar completely and logically explains the Trinity deity combos per scripture.

If you disagree, then present your own perception of what you feel that it is....so far, you have refused to even tell us what you even think that it is...only that you are against it....

Apple7

What did Jesus mean, when Jesus said this:

John 10:30 GW
(30) The Father and I are one."

We have already been over this with you numerous times, Gill.

Repetition helps.

Why don't you start by giving some context....or....is this how uni's make their doctrine function - by ignoring context and wildly high-fiving each other for the sheer simplicity of their assertions...?

I know that is how Muslim and other Unitarian cults operate.

Apple7

To All,

Please note that GW omits what comes next in Jesus' verbal encounter with Caiaphas. After Caiaphas had asked Jesus if He was the Christ, the Son of God Jesus affirmed that He was. Then Caiaphas rent his clothes which was a sign that Jesus had committed blasphemy and profaned the name of God. For Jesus to claim to be the Son of God in the manner He did was to profane God's very Name, John 19:5; Leviticus 24:16.

:up:

Pneuma

Joh 6:68-69 KJV
(68) Then Simon Peter answered him, Lord, to whom shall we go? thou hast the words of eternal life.
(69) And we believe and are sure that thou art that Christ, the Son of the living God.

I agree so you must have misunderstood my point

beloved57

The Issue is not accepting the scriptures that present the Manhood of Christ, the problem is those who reject the scriptures that present the Christ as God in His Deity.

keypurr

So if God tells you something but you aren't exactly sure what it all means, you won't believe it until He comes down and it explains it just to you?
:doh:
I don't know how I will be changed like Him when I see Him face to face 1John 3, but I believe it. :doh:

Is your line of reason easy to cross?

Tradition is not enough for some of us. Life would be easier if it were.

Can't build a faith without a firm foundation friend.

keypurr

The Issue is not accepting the scriptures that present the Manhood of Christ, the problem is those who reject the scriptures that present the Christ as God in His Deity.

Christ is not God almighty, he is the image of god.

2Co 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.

Christ has a god.
He is the son of God, not God. He is a form of god.

Php 2:5 Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus:
Php 2:6 Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:

Php 2:10 That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth;
Php 2:11 And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

Gill White

To All,

We should be lining our thinking up with the ''disciples'' not with those who were on the other side, and who were against Jesus and did not believe Jesus.

I do not line my way of thinking up with those who were against Jesus, because they did not believe that God sent Him, nor did they believe that Jesus was the Son of God, nor did they believe Jesus was the Christ of God.

I listen to Jesus, His Words: Not the Jews nor anyone else who did not except God's son

Lev 24:16 GW
(16) But those who curse the LORD'S name must be put to death. The whole congregation must stone them to death. It makes no difference whether they are Israelites or foreigners. Whoever curses the LORD'S name must die.

Just because the Jews did not believe, this does not give us any reason to NOT believe:

Lon

God has told you and explained it to you.

Jesus is God's son, but you don't believe that.
Somehow, in your head, and quite speaking past any of us, you believe this true. It isn't, but of course it is why you are you and I am me and we do not see eye to eye.

So you decided not to believe God.
No, in fact, you won't believe God until/unless you figure it all out. That, frankly, is incredibly egocentric and arrogant. That you believe 1) you are entitled to it from God and 2) that you believe yourself smarter than most nearly every believer who has ever lived.

When someone comes along and tells you that Jesus was God the Son, the 2nd person of the trinity, you believe it.
You are 100% correct. John 1:1-18 John 14:9 John 20:28
Of course I believe it.

But when God says Jesus is the Son of Most High God, you don't believe God. :doh:
Yes I do, GW.: John 1:1 In the beginning was the Word,
and the Word was with God,
and the Word was God.
▲look▲ it is right there, plain as day - More:
John 14:9 Jesus said to him, Have I been with you such a long time and yet you have not known Me, Philip? He who has seen Me has seen the Father. And how do you say, Show us the Father?
▼and▼
John 10:30 I and the Father are one!
Luke 1:30-33 GW
The angel told her, "Don't be afraid, Mary. You have found favor with God. You will become pregnant, give birth to a son, and name him Jesus. He will be a great man and will be called the Son of the Most High. The Lord God will give him the throne of his ancestor David. Your son will be king of Jacob's people forever, and his kingdom will never end."

Jesus is the Son of the MOST HIGH GOD?

Mark 5:7 GW
and shouted, "Why are you bothering me now, Jesus, Son of the Most High God? Swear to God that you won't torture me."

Luk 8:28 GW
When he saw Jesus, he shouted, fell in front of him, and said in a loud voice, "Why are you bothering me, Jesus, Son of the Most High God? I beg you not to torture me!"
As has already been said, the problem is you think 1) that I don't believe this and 2) that Jesus cannot be God in the flesh John 1:14
1Jn 1:1 That which was from the beginning, which we have heard, which we have seen with our eyes, which we have looked upon, and our hands have handled, concerning the Word of Life.

Let's just admit this right now, GW: That you will only accept God on your terms rather than you His, and you will only accept those if they are clear to you, like a private questioning his/her superior officer. You are your own general and you don't care a whit what the rest of us think or believe is true and you do not answer to anybody but yourself. You couldn't change your mind if God came down and told you to do. It is mho, that unless He came down and told you point blank to do so, you would never change what you believe. You are too far gone into your self to answer for what you believe.

Lon

Tradition is not enough for some of us. Life would be easier if it were.
Not enough? You don't even give it/us a moment's glance! :doh:

Can't build a faith without a firm foundation friend.
And as with GW, you are building off of your very own intellect, not scripture, not God. Your own logic, right or wrong and by most of your accounts, without the education for doing so. I'd flat out hate, hate mind you, to 1) have to stand on my own intellect had I poor school grades/ability, 2) had I an idea for which I stood quite alone without support, to even think I was in God's good graces for being such a pinheaded putz against other brothers and sisters in the faith with equal or better devotion and smarts 3) had to, in fact, step over scriptures that were at the very least, enough to give me great pause 4) to cause disturbance in the body over a matter that I was unsure of because of these other 3 doubtful/dubious points, and honest enough to admit it.

You people don't only not hate it, you seem to revel in your self importance. No? Remember jumping so quickly into the "Jesus was married" thread, for it? Entertaining quite readily the ridiculous and especially over against tradition and normative? :think:

Gill White

No Gill,

The premise is for Trinity deniers to state what they even think it is in the first place before they construct their false strawman argument against it.

My avatar completely and logically explains the Trinity deity combos per scripture.

If you disagree, then present your own perception of what you feel that it is....so far, you have refused to even tell us what you even think that it is...only that you are against it....

When we speak and read from the Word of God, we can deal with each other equally: Strawman arguments are NOT my concern. We are new creation in Christ now.

1Co 2:4
I didn't speak my message with persuasive intellectual arguments. I spoke my message with a show of spiritual power

2Ti 2:23
Don't have anything to do with foolish and stupid arguments. You know they cause quarrels.

The early ''church/calling out/believers) reasoned from the scriptures. Those who were born again of God, helped those who may or may not understood.

Acts 17:2 KJV
(2) And Paul, as his manner was, went in unto them, and three sabbath days reasoned with them out of the scriptures,

But my trust does get broken, when people add phrases to the Word of God such as these:

God the Son, 1st, 2nd, 3rd person of the Trinity, Triune, so my trust has already been broken.

But nothing is impossible with God, God can mend that trust.

''God the Son''

Where did this phrase come from:

A) From man

B) From God

The answer is (A)

Can you confess to us all here, that fully understand the ''trinity doctrine'' yes or no?

A catholic priest said this: “The trinity is a wonderful mystery. No one understands it......”

Gill White

Somehow, in your head, and quite speaking past any of us, you believe this true. It isn't, but of course it is why you are you and I am me and we do not see eye to eye.

No, in fact, you won't believe God until/unless you figure it all out. That, frankly, is incredibly egocentric and arrogant. That you believe 1) you are entitled to it from God and 2) that you believe yourself smarter than most nearly every believer who has ever lived.

God has already told us Lon:

God tells us that Jesus is God's son

So where do you think I got this information from?

Luk 1:30-32 GW
(30) The angel told her, "Don't be afraid, Mary. You have found favor with God. You will become pregnant, give birth to a son, and name him Jesus. He will be a great man and will be called the Son of the Most High. The Lord God will give him the throne of his ancestor David.

1Th 1:10 GW
(10) and to wait for his Son to come from heaven. His Son is Jesus, whom he brought back to life. Jesus is the one who rescues us from God's coming anger.

Gill White

You are 100% correct. John 1:1-18 John 14:9 John 20:28
Of course I believe it.

Yes I do, GW.: John 1:1 In the beginning was the Word,
and the Word was with God,
and the Word was God.
▲look▲ it is right there, plain as day - More:
John 14:9 Jesus said to him, Have I been with you such a long time and yet you have not known Me, Philip? He who has seen Me has seen the Father. And how do you say, Show us the Father?
▼and▼
John 10:30 I and the Father are one!

John 6:63 GW
(63) Life is spiritual. Your physical existence doesn't contribute to that life. The words that I have spoken to you are spiritual. They are life.

John 3:6 GW
(6) Flesh and blood give birth to flesh and blood, but the Spirit gives birth to things that are spiritual.

Gill White

As has already been said, the problem is you think 1) that I don't believe this and 2) that Jesus cannot be God in the flesh John 1:14
1Jn 1:1 That which was from the beginning, which we have heard, which we have seen with our eyes, which we have looked upon, and our hands have handled, concerning the Word of Life.

God is spirit:

John 3:16 GW
(16) God loved the world this way: He gave his only Son so that everyone who believes in him will not die but will have eternal life.

1Jn 1:1 GW
(1) The Word of life existed from the beginning. We have heard it. We have seen it. We observed and touched it.

John 6:63 GW
(63) Life is spiritual. Your physical existence doesn't contribute to that life. The words that I have spoken to you are spiritual. They are life.

1Jn 1:6-7 GW
(6) If we say, "We have a relationship with God" and yet live in the dark, we're lying. We aren't being truthful.
(7) But if we live in the light in the same way that God is in the light, we have a relationship with each other. And the blood of his Son Jesus cleanses us from every sin.

Gill White

You are your own general and you don't care a whit what the rest of us think or believe is true and you do not answer to anybody but yourself.

My general is God my Father and my Lord is Jesus Christ:

And yes I do care about you, and I care about others, and I will do my best to pull someone from the fire...

Gill White

We have already been over this with you numerous times, Gill.

Repetition helps.

Why don't you start by giving some context....or....is this how uni's make their doctrine function - by ignoring context and wildly high-fiving each other for the sheer simplicity of their assertions...?

In a previous post, you said ''Whoever said that the Father is the Son''

Whoever said that the Father is the Son, besides you???!

So my question to you is this:

What did Jesus mean, when Jesus said this:

John 10:30 GW
(30) The Father and I are one."