Jesus is God vs. Jesus is YHVH

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Would you say

Jesus is God

or

Jesus is YHVH?

I have said the first but I don't like saying the second. Any ideas or ways to sort this out?

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Would you say

Jesus is God

or

Jesus is YHVH?

I have said the first but I don't like saying the second. Any ideas or ways to sort this out?
YHVH is God.

Jesus is God.

Ergo, Jesus is YHVH.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Jesus taught us to pray to His Father and ours, YHVH.
True.

God is triune, Father, Son, Holy Spirit.

Praying to the Father is still praying to God, YHVH.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
True.

God is triune, Father, Son, Holy Spirit.

Praying to the Father is still praying to God, YHVH.

God is our Father. The Father is God. Jesus is the Son. Jesus is the Son of God. Jesus is God.

YHVH is God. The Father is God. The Son is God. The Spirit is God.

When we pray to God we pray to YHVH. We do not pray to Jesus.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
God is our Father. The Father is God. Jesus is the Son. Jesus is the Son of God. Jesus is God.

YHVH is God. The Father is God. The Son is God. The Spirit is God.

When we pray to God we pray to YHVH.

All of the above = :thumb:

We do not pray to Jesus.

Why not?

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Jesus taught us to pray to our Father, God, or to God our Father.
Paul prayed to Jesus:

And lest I should be exalted above measure by the abundance of the revelations, a thorn in the flesh was given to me, a messenger of Satan to buffet me, lest I be exalted above measure.Concerning this thing I pleaded with the Lord three times that it might depart from me.And He said to me, [JESUS]“My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness.”[/JESUS] Therefore most gladly I will rather boast in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me. - 2 Corinthians 12:7-9 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=2Corinthians12:7-9&version=NKJV

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Paul prayed to Jesus:

And lest I should be exalted above measure by the abundance of the revelations, a thorn in the flesh was given to me, a messenger of Satan to buffet me, lest I be exalted above measure.Concerning this thing I pleaded with the Lord three times that it might depart from me.And He said to me, [JESUS]“My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness.”[/JESUS] Therefore most gladly I will rather boast in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me. - 2 Corinthians 12:7-9 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=2Corinthians12:7-9&version=NKJV

How does what you have here say that Paul prayed to Jesus?

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
How does what you have here say that Paul prayed to Jesus?

I'll highlight it for you:

And lest I should be exalted above measure by the abundance of the revelations, a thorn in the flesh was given to me, a messenger of Satan to buffet me, lest I be exalted above measure.Concerning this thing I pleaded with the Lord] three times that it might depart from me.And He said to me, [JESUS]“My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness.”[/JESUS] Therefore most gladly I will rather boast in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me. - 2 Corinthians 12:7-9 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=2Corinthians12:7-9&version=NKJV

PRAYER is simply communication with God.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
I'll highlight it for you:

And lest I should be exalted above measure by the abundance of the revelations, a thorn in the flesh was given to me, a messenger of Satan to buffet me, lest I be exalted above measure.Concerning this thing I pleaded with the Lord] three times that it might depart from me.And He said to me, [JESUS]“My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness.”[/JESUS] Therefore most gladly I will rather boast in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me. - 2 Corinthians 12:7-9 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=2Corinthians12:7-9&version=NKJV

PRAYER is simply communication with God.

I believe that you are saying that the Lord here is Jesus.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
I believe that you are saying that the Lord here is Jesus.
Also, Jesus is the one who replied to Paul, and normally if someone is talking to someone else, you don't butt in and answer for them.

TrevorL

Greetings Jacob,
Would you say Jesus is God or Jesus is YHVH?
I agree with you as I understand that YHVH or Yahweh is God the Father. The title “God” is used for Jesus, but I suggest that the Biblical meaning of this word is different to the normal sense in English. For example the normal OT word for “God”, Elohim is also used for the angels and judges who acted and spoke on God the Father’s behalf. This usage gives an introduction as to why the title “God” is also applied to Jesus.
Is God ever referred to as the Lord? Or, is God just referred to as the LORD or YHVH?
Yes in Matthew 11:25.

Kind regards
Trevor

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Greetings Jacob, I agree with you as I understand that YHVH or Yahweh is God the Father. The title “God” is used for Jesus, but I suggest that the Biblical meaning of this word is different to the normal sense in English. For example the normal OT word for “God”, Elohim is also used for the angels and judges who acted and spoke on God the Father’s behalf. This usage gives an introduction as to why the title “God” is also applied to Jesus.
Yes in Matthew 11:25.

Kind regards
Trevor
I am not sure about your answer. However,

Matthew 11:25 New International Version (NIV)The Father Revealed in the Son

25 At that time Jesus said, “I praise you, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because you have hidden these things from the wise and learned, and revealed them to little children."

New International Version (NIV)

Holy Bible, New International Version®, NIV® Copyright ©1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.®Used by permission. All rights reserved worldwide.