JESUS IS A MAN EXACTLY LIKE HIS BRETHERN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
I'm:
1) Bible believing
2) Christ centered
3) Believer in the Grace Gospel (Paul's Gospel)
4) Eternal life is ours if we hear the Gospel and place our trust in Christ
as our Savior.
5) Believe in OSAS
6) Believe in eternal damnation for the unsaved.
7) Believe in what's called the Rapture
8) Believe that the Body of Christ will not suffer judgement
9) Believe the unsaved will be cast into the Lake of Fire for
eternity. Along with the devil and his angels
10) One cannot do good works/deeds to earn eternal life
11) Don't believe in water baptism for today
12) I Rightly Divide the Word
13) Don't believe that the sign gifts are around today.

Have a problem?

StanJ

Stan - There is only one truth - that is intuitively obvious. A7's point is that neither you nor I nor he actually has it. We have some sort of approximation as a whole though in certain points we can have certainty
You are both right...:laughing:

Aner, I know what aikido is trying to say...I've debated him plenty. Try not to assume you're the only one that has understanding here.
Both of you FAIL to understand and see the truth, because apparently you both have not confessed Jesus Christ as your God and Saviour, and do NOT have the Holy Spirit dwelling in you to LEAD you into truth.

BTW, truth is not intuitive, it requires faith and agreement with God as to what His truth says.

Aner

MOST Christians believe in ALL the attributes of Jesus as defined in OT prophecy and NT reality. Only those of your ilk deny what scripture clearly conveys about Him.

Is 9:6
For to us a child is born, to us a son is given, and the government will be on his shoulders. And he will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.

Titus 2:13
while we wait for the blessed hope—the appearing of the glory of our great God and Savior, Jesus Christ.

Stan - You and I both know that you are cherry picking your texts - and ignoring 10,000 texts which say exactly the opposite of your conclusion....

You also have practiced AVOIDANCE to my questions of you.

Aner

Aner

Aner, I know what aikido is trying to say...I've debated him plenty. Try not to assume you're the only one that has understanding here.
Both of you FAIL to understand and see the truth, because apparently you both have not confessed Jesus Christ as your God and Saviour, and do NOT have the Holy Spirit dwelling in you to LEAD you into truth.

BTW, truth is not intuitive, it requires faith and agreement with God as to what His truth says.

Stan - Jesus of Nazareth is the Christ, the Son of God - He is my Lord and my God and my Savior.

Perhaps your understanding was a bit premature...

Aner

Aner

Look at the teapot calling the kettle black. You're no different than he is Aner, except maybe you're not a troll like he is.

Stan,

I consider the opinions and interactions of those genuinely in the Body - and even those not - to be important. I care about them as human beings. Yeah - odd trait I suppose - I did not used to especially like that but I was changed after receiving my God and Savior Jesus Christ into my life....

Aner

StanJ

Stan - You and I both know that you are cherry picking your texts - and ignoring 10,000 texts which say exactly the opposite of your conclusion....
You also have practiced AVOIDANCE to my questions of you.

Aner

I have posted tons of these verses to people like you and my experience if they never go IN. I don't bother wasting my time, and apparently you can't supply any scripture. All you do is throw back statements on the people that make them to you, just like all your ilk. There must be a class on this in the uni universe somewhere?
I gave you a whole page that you avoided and declared invalid. It's all ON record.

StanJ

Stan,
I consider the opinions and interactions of those genuinely in the Body - and even those not - to be important. I care about them as human beings. Yeah - odd trait I suppose - I did not used to especially like that but I was changed after receiving my God and Savior Jesus Christ into my life....
Aner

So you admit to Jesus being God and Saviour?

StanJ

Stan - Jesus of Nazareth is the Christ, the Son of God - He is my Lord and my God and my Savior.

Perhaps your understanding was a bit premature...

Aner

My understanding has been based on your posts, so please clarify why you have been arguing against the deity of Jesus Christ?

Aner

I have posted tons of these verses to people like you and my experience if they never go IN. I don't bother wasting my time, and apparently you can't supply any scripture. All you do is throw back statements on the people that make them to you, just like all your ilk. There must be a class on this in the uni universe somewhere?
I gave you a whole page that you avoided and declared invalid. It's all ON record.

Stan - I am happy to respond to anything that you have HOWEVER what we need to do is clarify your model first. I have two questions in the other thread that move in that direction. I am much better able to respond to any questions when I clearly understand your Christological model.

Aner

My understanding has been based on your posts, so please clarify why you have been arguing against the deity of Jesus Christ?

I have been arguing FOR the man Christ Jesus - you know - "the man who told you the truth that He heard from God" - the only mediator between man and God - the MAN attested to you by GOD, etc.

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
His brethren did not think He was exactly like themselves...they worshipped Him

You will reply no doubt with a list of scripture which show He was a man....which nobody denies

There are scriptures which show He was God which you do deny

oatmeal

I provide the following texts for those who may never have had an opportunity to actually read all the great texts which clearly, repeatedly and formally describe and necessitate that Jesus is a man.

A man is an entity that can function without an incarnated deity (as each of us knows for certain). In fact this is a great test for discerning heresy - if the Jesus you teach cannot fully function independent of an incarnated deity, you do do not have a man - you have another kind of being. Scripture is clear - Jesus is man just like you, I and Adam. As troublesome as this may be for some - truth is ultimately healing - and, in this instance, VERY powerful!

Explicit Statements that Jesus is a Man
Zechariah 6:12,13 "And speak unto him, saying, Thus speaketh the Lord of hosts, saying, Behold the man [אִ֞ישׁ (backwards)] whose name is The BRANCH; and he shall grow up out of his place, and he shall build the temple of the Lord:

Luke 24:19 And he said to them, “What things?” And they said to him, “Concerning Jesus of Nazareth, a man [ἀνὴρ] who was a prophet mighty in deed and word before God and all the people,
NOTE: Jesus did not chastise them because of errant Christology ….

John 1:30 This is he of whom I said, ‘After me comes a man [ἀνὴρ] who ranks before me, because he was before me.’

John 3:27 John answered and said, A man [ἄνθρωπος] can receive nothing except it is given him from the heaven.

John 8:40 but now you seek to kill me, a man [ἄνθρωπος] who has told you the truth that I heard from God.

Acts 2:22, 23 “Men [Aνδρες] of Israel, hear these words: Jesus of Nazareth, a man [ἄνδρα] and attested to you by God with mighty works and wonders and signs that God did through him in your midst, as you yourselves know— 23 this Jesus, delivered up according to the definite plan and foreknowledge of God, you crucified and killed by the hands of lawless men

Acts 17:30, 31 “The times of ignorance God overlooked, but now he commands all people everywhere to repent, 31 because he has fixed a day on which he will judge the world in righteousness by a man [ἀνὴρ] whom he has appointed; and of this he has given assurance to all by raising him from the dead.”

Rom 5:15 But the free gift is not like the trespass. For if by the trespass of the one the many died, how much more did the grace of God and the free gift by the grace of that one man [ἄνθρωπος] Jesus Christ abound unto the many.

I Cor 15:21 For as by [δι’] a man [ἄνθρωπος] came death, by [δι’] a man [ἄνθρωπος] has come also the resurrection of the dead.

I Cor 15:47 The first man was from the earth, a man of dust; the second man [ἄνθρωπος] is from heaven
ὁ πρῶτος ἄνθρωπος ἐκ γῆς χοϊκός, ὁ δεύτερος ἄνθρωπος ἐξ οὐρανοῦ.

Phil 2:7, 8 7 but emptied himself, taking the form of a servant, being made in the likeness of men;
8 and being found in fashion as a man [ἄνθρωπος], he humbled himself, becoming obedient even unto death, yea, the death of the cross.

I Tim 2:5 For there is one God, and there is one mediator between God and men, the man [ἄνθρωπος] Christ Jesus,

Explicit Statements that Jesus was Created

Heb 2:10, 11
10 For it was fitting that he, for whom and by whom all things exist, in bringing many sons to glory, should make the founder of their salvation perfect through suffering. 11 For he who sanctifies and those who are sanctified all have one source. (ὅ τε γὰρ ἁγιάζων καὶ οἱ ἁγιαζόμενοι ὅ τε γὰρ ἁγιάζων καὶ οἱ ἁγιαζόμενοι ἐξ ἑνὸς πάντες ἑνὸς πάντες). See ICor 8:6 for sense of ἐξ as the ultimate creative source.

A man is exactly what Jesus Christ is.

A man who honored and believed and obeyed God, his Father completely and perfectly.

A man who served God as a prophet, a teacher, an apostle and pastor to God's people.

A man, a prophet like Moses, Acts 3:17-26 especially Acts 3:22

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
Not like Moses

"Who was faithful to Him that appointed Him as also Moses was faithful in all His house

For this man is counted worthy of more glory than Moses inasmuch as He hath builded the house hath more honour than the house.

For every house is builded by someone, but He that built all things

...is God"

Status
Not open for further replies.