Jesus Christ is God's Predestinated, Elected Man

Ask Mr. Religion

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Pate was predestined to crusade against Calvinists.

So that we understand that we are right :chuckle:
In some sense this is likely true, that is, more properly speaking, the providence of God (not predestination which is a topic confined to those God has chosen) is at work in all that we do or say. If the providence of God were not working each and every moment upholding the universe He created everything would just cease to exist. Of course, even here, Robert considers God to be a mere absentee landlord, having set things in motion and just sitting back to see what will happen. Accordingly, Robert denies God the sovereignty He claims in Scripture, even going so far as to declare God to be ignorant of things in His creation. In effect, Robert is well on his way towards full embrace of open theism. He just does not know it yet.

AMR

Last edited:

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Poor, sad, Robert. Gets anxious when no one is paying attention to him.

Could the reason be the fact that your continued repetitive posts on the same topics has finally become too boring to even bother responding, especially given that you simply ignore responses that disagree with you, while moving on to more repetitive threads?

Add to that the reason that no one is responding is the recent software update has many scrambling to find their bearings and you are just not a big priority.

AMR

I find Pate's threads honest, passionate, and truthful. Not anywhere near boring.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
I consider Calvinism a false doctrine. It's just another man made
belief system. I don't buy it. I've read the entire Bible and
continue to read and study it. I see all kinds of free will choice
within the confines of God's written word. To deny seeing free will
is to admit that one is blind.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
How many Calvinists disagree with any of the following?

1) One must hear the Gospel then, place their faith in Christ as their Savior.
2) One must admit they're a sinner.
3) One must be sealed and indwelt by the Holy Spirit.
4) One must be baptized (not by water) into the Body of Christ by the Holy Spirit.
5) After hearing the Gospel and placing ones faith in Christ, they receive the
righteousness of Christ.
6) Eternal life is guaranteed to those who are part of the Body of Christ.
7) One cannot lose their eternal life.

Ask Mr. Religion

Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I consider Calvinism a false doctrine. It's just another man made
belief system. I don't buy it. I've read the entire Bible and
continue to read and study it. I see all kinds of free will choice
within the confines of God's written word. To deny seeing free will
is to admit that one is blind.
As you have said time and again, always sans any substantive attempt to actually demonstrate the assertions made. This makes for good theater, entertainment, increased post count, etc., and appeal to the crowd, but actually contributes little to edification by all concerned.

As you are fond of repeating the same assertions or questions asked that you take glee in claiming no one from the Reformed camp has answered, e.g.., testimonies, I might point out:

http://theologyonline.com/showthrea...reate-Reprobates/page12&p=4496193#post4496193

:AMR:

You and the fellow you hold in regard herein (Do you agree with him in all things? Are you willing to call him on his many errors?) are but two of some that make lots of statements but then never stand still long enough to have those arguments properly tested. And, as Robert demonstrates, when so rarely examined and found wanting, the response is but a wave off cast behind self-righteousness that the answers given are smoke screens, too wordy, or presuming intellectual discourse not even needed on sacred matters. It is within your right to do as such. But you are not entitled to your own notion of the facts when the actual facts in evidence contradict your claims. So feel free to carry on as is your habit, but do not let that habit lull you into a false sense of security that you have met your burden to take every word captive (2 Cor 10:5) as you go your merry way in declaring victory. ;)

AMR

Last edited:

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
As you have said time and again, always sans any substantive attempt to actually demonstrate the assertions made. This makes for good theater, entertainment, increased post count, etc., and appeal to the crowd, but actually contributes little to edification by all concerned.

As you are fond of repeating the same assertions or questions asked that you take glee in claiming no one from the Reformed camp has answered, e.g.., testimonies, I might point out:

http://theologyonline.com/showthrea...reate-Reprobates/page12&p=4496193#post4496193

:AMR:

AMR

AMR

Huh?

Crucible

BANNED
Banned

4) One must be baptized (not by water) into the Body of Christ by the Holy Spirit.
5) After hearing the Gospel and placing ones faith in Christ, they receive the
righteousness of Christ.

:doh:

There's no point in answering this questionnaire because it's sole intent is basically to say that only Arminian ideology concretes these things.

Which is not the case. In fact, it's the opposite, that's what Calvin was trying to explain but you all do what you do best and grandstand rather than produce an argument with solidarity to it- it's always arbitrary shenanigans with y'all :rolleyes:

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
:doh:

There's no point in answering this questionnaire because it's sole intent is basically to say that only Arminian ideology concretes these things.

Which is not the case. In fact, it's the opposite, that's what Calvin was trying to explain but you all do what you do best and grandstand rather than produce an argument with solidarity to it- it's always arbitrary shenanigans with y'all :rolleyes:

I see you don't know how to answer the questionnaire? I understand why.

Ask Mr. Religion

Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

Yes, this is the ordinary means by which God's children are brought into His kingdom.

Yes. One will only admit their sinful state when so given a new heart and thus be morally able to hear and do so (Eze. 36:26).

Yes. All believers are such and will persevere to their ultimate glorification.

Water baptism is the sign of the thing signified. The thing signified requires no water.

5) After hearing the Gospel and placing ones faith in Christ, they receive the righteousness of Christ.
The righteousness of Our Lord is imputed (declared) to them. There is no infusion of righteousness, as the Romanist will claim, at the moment of one's re-birth. Our righteousness is that of Another, Our Lord. Our is an alien righteousness. During their walk of faith the believers will, via access to the means of grace of Word and Sacrament, become more and more righteous.

Indeed.

Indeed.

All good questions, brother, that no Reformed believer would hesitate to answer. Calvinists, too. ;)

All Reformed are Calvinists.
Not all Calvinists are Reformed.

AMR

Last edited:

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
I'll be back a little later tonight. All you angry Calvinists will
have to wait for my replies. Until then, feel free to try and match
me, with your best form of "verbal fisticuffs."

musterion

May I, Gros? I think I can answer pretty well from the Calvinist POV.

Yes, but only after one of the elect's time has come to be quickened to spiritual life and thus enabled to do so.

I think most Reformed would say that this is so, in terms of the Lordship Salvation "gospel" which requires repentance [defined as 'stopping sin'] as a condition of being saved.

That, I believe, is what enables the "dead" elect to believe per #1.

See #3, though some Reformed believe this or that water rite is necessary.

5) After hearing the Gospel and placing ones faith in Christ, they receive the righteousness of Christ.

Not exactly. God's will and decrees are unthwartable. Having been elected by His will and decree, the elect (whoever they are, no one knows) are as good as "in Christ" all the way back when they were elected in eternity past. They were as good as saved then, so they're as good as saved even before they "believe."

Yes...if they were actually elected and aren't tares/reprobates whose professed faith in Christ doesn't turn out to have been false.

No. God will not lose any who He predestined and elected to eternal life BUT they must persevere unto the end in faith and not fall away to prove that they were elect to begin with.

Ask Mr. Religion

Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I'll be back a little later tonight. All you angry Calvinists will
have to wait for my replies. Until then, feel free to try and match
me, with your best form of "verbal fisticuffs."
When you find an angry Calvinist, please point them in my direction for correction. They are likely cage stage Calvinists. Sadly some never escape that cage.

AMR

Last edited: