Jesus CANNOT be Jehovah/YHVH God

Status
Not open for further replies.

Apple7

It was you who highlighted LORD and Lord. I am fully aware that LORD is Yahweh, God the Father and Lord is Adonai, David’s Ruler, Master Lord, Superior. Are you suggesting that Peter is proving here that God has exalted Jesus to be “God”, if this is the meaning of the word “Lord” in Acts 2:36? Kind regards
Trevor

Any OT passages quoted in the NT MUST impart the same meaning as the original.

Simple.

way 2 go

You already know, and intentionally left out the verses that explain PRECISELY why Jesus isn't the SOURCE of the commandments his God COMMANDED Jesus to teach.
that verse is right here
Jesus here is saying " his commandment"
Joh 12:50 And I know that his commandment is eternal life. What I say, therefore, I say as the Father has told me."

The question is NOT WHETHER Jesus actually spoke the commandments, the question is WHERE DID JESUS GET THE COMMANDMENTS HE SPOKE;'

that's not the question but that's the only one you give an answer to.

Jesus here is saying " his commandment"
Joh 12:50 And I know that his commandment is eternal life. What I say, therefore, I say as the Father has told me."

Jesus here is saying " my commandments "
Joh 14:15 "If you love me, you will keep my commandments.

this statement below is either true or it is not true there is no middle ground

Joh 14:15 "If you love me, you will keep my commandments.

Jesus here is saying " my commandments "

you have 2 choices

A.
God told Jesus to say " my commandments "and Jesus is God so when he says " my commandments " Jesus speaks the truth

B. God told Jesus to say " my commandments "and if Jesus is not God then Jesus was told to lie

the truth is A.
Jesus is God

Apple7

Isaiah saw Isaiah 2:1-4 in vision. Prophets were known as seers. The nations are still at war.

Kind regards
Trevor

If this is a vision, then you have to admit that 'The Word' that Isaiah physically saw was none other than Yahweh as described in the previous chapter.

And.....who is 'The Word', trev...?

That's right....sleep on that one tonight...

:cigar:

Dartman

Dartman said:
Of course it is.
Jesus inherited the throne of his father David. Jesus will rule the planet from Jerusalem..... like David did.
Said scripture, never.
Challenge gladly accepted! :cool:

Luke 1:32 He shall be great, and shall be called the Son of the Most High: and the Lord God shall give unto him the throne of his father David:

Acts 1:11-12 "Men of Galilee," they said, "why do you stand here looking into the sky? This same Jesus, who has been taken from you into heaven, will come back in the same way you have seen him go into heaven." 12 Then they returned to Jerusalem from the hill called the Mount of Olives, a Sabbath day's walk from the city.

Zech 14:3-4 Then the Lord will go out and fight against those nations, as he fights in the day of battle. 4 On that day his feet will stand on the Mount of Olives, east of Jerusalem, and the Mount of Olives will be split in two from east to west, forming a great valley, with half of the mountain moving north and half moving south.

Zech 14:16, 17 Then the survivors from all the nations that have attacked Jerusalem will go up year after year to worship the King, the Lord Almighty, and to celebrate the Feast of Tabernacles. 17 If any of the peoples of the earth do not go up to Jerusalem to worship the King, the Lord Almighty, they will have no rain.

Dan 7:13-14 "In my vision at night I looked, and there before me was one like a son of man, coming with the clouds of heaven. He approached the Ancient of Days and was led into his presence. 14 He was given authority, glory and sovereign power; all peoples, nations and men of every language worshiped him. His dominion is an everlasting dominion that will not pass away, and his kingdom is one that will never be destroyed.

Ps 2:6-10 "I have installed my King on Zion, my holy hill." 7 I will proclaim the decree of the Lord: He said to me, "You are my Son; today I have become your Father. 8 Ask of me, and I will make the nations your inheritance, the ends of the earth your possession. 9 You will rule them with an iron scepter; you will dash them to pieces like pottery." 10 Therefore, you kings, be wise; be warned, you rulers of the earth.

These Scriptures support every point I made.

There's LOTS more, if you want them!

Apple7

Go learn Hebrew...

Go learn Hebrew...

It appears in the English translations- but it is not in the original Hebrew. The Hebrew says "to my right". I'm surprised that Apple missed this, as he has spent years studying Biblical Hebrew (as well as Arabic)

ANY lexicon will buttress my position, and not yours.

:cigar:

Apple7

Challenge gladly accepted! :cool:

Luke 1:32 He shall be great, and shall be called the Son of the Most High: and the Lord God shall give unto him the throne of his father David:

Acts 1:11-12 "Men of Galilee," they said, "why do you stand here looking into the sky? This same Jesus, who has been taken from you into heaven, will come back in the same way you have seen him go into heaven." 12 Then they returned to Jerusalem from the hill called the Mount of Olives, a Sabbath day's walk from the city.

Zech 14:3-4 Then the Lord will go out and fight against those nations, as he fights in the day of battle. 4 On that day his feet will stand on the Mount of Olives, east of Jerusalem, and the Mount of Olives will be split in two from east to west, forming a great valley, with half of the mountain moving north and half moving south.

Zech 14:16, 17 Then the survivors from all the nations that have attacked Jerusalem will go up year after year to worship the King, the Lord Almighty, and to celebrate the Feast of Tabernacles. 17 If any of the peoples of the earth do not go up to Jerusalem to worship the King, the Lord Almighty, they will have no rain.

Dan 7:13-14 "In my vision at night I looked, and there before me was one like a son of man, coming with the clouds of heaven. He approached the Ancient of Days and was led into his presence. 14 He was given authority, glory and sovereign power; all peoples, nations and men of every language worshiped him. His dominion is an everlasting dominion that will not pass away, and his kingdom is one that will never be destroyed.

Ps 2:6-10 "I have installed my King on Zion, my holy hill." 7 I will proclaim the decree of the Lord: He said to me, "You are my Son; today I have become your Father. 8 Ask of me, and I will make the nations your inheritance, the ends of the earth your possession. 9 You will rule them with an iron scepter; you will dash them to pieces like pottery." 10 Therefore, you kings, be wise; be warned, you rulers of the earth.

These Scriptures support every point I made.

There's LOTS more, if you want them!

None support what you said.

Pick your very best single example and defend it, if you can...

clefty

Yes, the Son was separated from the Father.

Not if He became a Spirit at death...if He became Spirit He was neither dead or seperated...nor was there any need for such drama...knowing He would never die...but become Spirit...

Not much of a sacrifice at all actually...death not seperating nor ending a life...

TrevorL

Greetings again Apple7,
If this is a vision, then you have to admit that 'The Word' that Isaiah physically saw was none other than Yahweh as described in the previous chapter.
And.....who is 'The Word', trev...? That's right....sleep on that one tonight... :cigar:
I will respond now by saying that yes indeed I need a rest, and do not see any value in answering any of your five Posts. Before we meet again I will have a closer look at Adon and Adonai.

Kind regards
Trevor

Omniskeptical

BANNED
Banned
Just so that readers will know:
In SabathMoon's post #337, he inserted a quote box linked to my post #336, and in it, he wrote

"misunderstanding what you say completely..."

trying to make it appear that I had written that, and that he was quoting something I had written.

I did NOT write those words, nor anything similar, in my post #336, nor in any other post.

Why must you lie, SabathMoon?

See how that goes, SabathMoon?

(SabathMoon didn't really write "Well, it should be obvious! Because I despise the truth!", and so, I did not really quote those words from his post.)

But, indeed, SabathMoon does despise the truth!

You hid this post from him, so he couldn't respond. The box was a reaction to your gibberish. Then he uses weak grammar to explain how the Good Samaritan, and idolater was still good. You don't understand the concept of idolatry.

chair

אֲדֹנָ֥י is used 418 times in scripture, outside of Psalm 110.5, and, in each case, it refers to Yahweh.

Thus, when it is used in Psalm 110.5, in describing The Second Person of The Trinity, we can rest assured that The Son is indeed Yahweh.

Well, I'm glad that you see the difference between adonee and adonai. We're making some progress here.

Omniskeptical

BANNED
Banned
Well, I'm glad that you see the difference between adonee and adonai. We're making some progress here.

Little lord versus big LORD. BS, it would be the difference between feminine and masculine at best, not divine and human. Dress it with a few "vowel points" and pretend.

chair

Little lord versus big LORD. BS, it would be the difference between feminine and masculine at best, not divine and human. Dress it with a few "vowel points" and pretend.

Those "vowel points" are the vowels- the guide to pronunciation and meaning. I suppose "cat" and "cut" mean the same thing? Or "Ham" and "Him".

One can also check how the terms are used in other verses.

Dartman

Dartman said:
Of course they do.

Pick one and refute it, if you can...

The examples are yours to begin with.
Of course they are! And, they shoot down each of your points.
So .... you can't refute even one!

I'm not surprised.

You are at a SEVERE disadvantage since you haven't got a single text that actually states your theory.

Status
Not open for further replies.